2021 Coaching Carousel

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Dehuntshigwa’es

Re: 2021 Coaching Carousel

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Smoova wrote;” Most Interesting - Koch at Denison. He was the lead on recruiting at W&L for the last few years and (IMHO) didn't fully leverage W&L's natural advantages. I think Denison is a tougher spot to recruit for, so it will be interesting to see what he is able to do with the next few classes. “
Koch is going to be a very good head coach. He led the recruiting at W&L but at the end of the day it’s the HC the athlete is coming to play for and your closer. Watch what he does with that D the next 2-3 years.
KingPrat; Stated Denison had a better merit award program than W&L. Not sure how it can be better. W&L meets 100 percent of demonstrated need entirely through scholarship, grants, and student employment.
Last year, more than half the entering class received a W&L grant or scholarship with an average award of more than $50,000.It also provides FULL academic scholarships to 10% of the incoming freshman class. That along with an endowment of over 1.3 Billion there’s ample money for students with need
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:40 am Most Underrated - Wabash. Call me biased if you want (guilty as charged), but this one is under people's radar and rightly so - relatively new program that's floundered. But the competitive gap between Wabash lacrosse and the school's success everywhere else is huge, and they want that changed. Without reservation it's a unique college, but that's not a bad thing. All the pieces are in place and the effect of the coaching change is immense. 2022 will still be a lean year with 20-25 players, but recruiting is already light years ahead of the past.
Well, for the sake of Koch at Denison and Plantholt at OWU, it would be great if you're correct, White Carrera. Every once in a while, Kenyon has looked on the verge of breaking through, maybe even Wittenberg once, but the NCAC has long been dominated by Denison and OWU. Burke's pedigree looks interesting, promising and a bit different, but then Wabash is a bit different (and I mean this in a good way). Hopefully, the college's administration gets behind him, gives him the best chance of succeeding (which has not happened at a number of NCAC schools). If Wabash can become in NCAC lacrosse what Hampden-Sydney is in ODAC lax, it would be terrific for the NCAC.
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

brevard has their new coach, Jd LEMAY from NAIA missouri valley
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

boredatwork wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:40 pm https://hendrixwarriors.com/sports/men ... aches/2022

Late opening
Tough break for a program in a state in which HS lacrosse is at a minimum. Hopefully they can find a young coach from the conference that understands the situation and how to recruit.

Any update on Geneseo? Or is going the interim route
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 7:18 am
boredatwork wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:40 pm https://hendrixwarriors.com/sports/men ... aches/2022

Late opening
Tough break for a program in a state in which HS lacrosse is at a minimum. Hopefully they can find a young coach from the conference that understands the situation and how to recruit.

Any update on Geneseo? Or is going the interim route
Genesee job is posted on Marketplace and Higher Ed. Sounds like assistant is elevated to interim while the conduct a search. I’ve heard AD is motivated to have the new hire in before the holidays.

I’ll be interested to hear if anyone knows of coaches interested in or applying. I’d assume current assistant Colin Cornaire would be one. Maybe Donny Moss if he in fact was a finalist for BW a few months back
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

LaRoche- Ethan Thompson - Brevard Assistant
https://www.larochesports.com/Thomson?view=bio

Warren Wilson - Jeff Woodside - Mass College of Liberal Arts Assistant
https://warrenwilsonowls.com/sports/mla ... 0915hk006n

SUNY Geneseo

Hendrix
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

I believe USMMA had their job posted recently. Coach Gill is still on the site but unless I’m mistaken that job is open
JPAtlantic

Post by JPAtlantic »

Any word on coach T.C. DiBartolo's assistants at McDaniel?
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

JPAtlantic wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:07 pm Any word on coach T.C. DiBartolo's assistants at McDaniel?
I think he only gets a GA.
LaxCoach1952

Post by LaxCoach1952 »

Late opening
Looks like Hendrix isn't even doing a search. They are going to hire the assistant who was a former Hendrix player. Going to be tough seeing this program staying around much longer. They are already down to 23 players on roster and with an inexperienced coach on the recruiting trail that's going to be hard sell.
nptlax40

Post by nptlax40 »

LaxCoach1952 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:24 pm

Late opening
Looks like Hendrix isn't even doing a search. They are going to hire the assistant who was a former Hendrix player. Going to be tough seeing this program staying around much longer. They are already down to 23 players on roster and with an inexperienced coach on the recruiting trail that's going to be hard sell.
I've heard Hendrix has had a couple of candidates on from outside...not sure if they offered or direction they are moving but I guess time will tell.
jerseyjames

Post by jerseyjames »

boredatwork wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:43 pm I believe USMMA had their job posted recently. Coach Gill is still on the site but unless I’m mistaken that job is open
From what I have heard this season will be his last but they have already started interviewing candidates kind of an odd situation but maybe it takes a while to get someone in place and background checks with it being an academy? Heard mostly D3 guys interviewing for the spot which I get not really a place you can win on a large scale but I believe it to be probably the best paying job in all of D3.
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

jerseyjames wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm
boredatwork wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:43 pm I believe USMMA had their job posted recently. Coach Gill is still on the site but unless I’m mistaken that job is open
From what I have heard this season will be his last but they have already started interviewing candidates kind of an odd situation but maybe it takes a while to get someone in place and background checks with it being an academy? Heard mostly D3 guys interviewing for the spot which I get not really a place you can win on a large scale but I believe it to be probably the best paying job in all of D3.
One would think they are looking at candidates with similar coaching experiences as what they would have at USMMA.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

jerseyjames wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:35 pm
It lists the salary as $72k-$85k. That’s solid, but not close to the best paying D3 job.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

From what I can gather, it sounds like the pool final pool is a mix of levels. It seemed like unique circumstances regarding the posting and Gill's upcoming retirement. I am sure it is well known at the academy, but they have not posted a press release, and I don't think the job posting was very visible.

The salary range is interesting because that can be relative to location. It might be up there in the top quarter or third for an actual dollar amount, and I am not claiming it is, but you also need to consider the cost of living for the area. That said, there are no doubt some factors that make it a desirable position, regardless of the salary.
backerzone

Post by backerzone »

I know West Point provides housing for some coaches- does USMMA do the same? That would make it an attractive option.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Where is this posting?
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 3:10 pm
Where is this posting?
It was posted on most job sites but closed out in October.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

https://www.maritime-executive.com/arti ... e-at-usmma

Interesting, definitely not an anomaly of an article. I really don’t know much about USMMA but a slew of articles like this are the first to come up when I searched it

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”