W&L 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
valaxfan

Re: W&L 2021

Post by valaxfan »

thescottharris wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:26 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:06 pm Question; Was the SVU loss a bigger loss than the loss to Morgan State?
https://theundefeated.com/features/hbcu ... l-history/
I hadn't heard about that game before, thank you for sharing sir.
Scott, I was at the Morgan State game. It was rainy day in Lex and they put it to the Generals that day.

valaxfan
richard

Post by richard »

Dave Raymond and Wayne Jackson were really good players for Morgan. Good goalie too. I don’t remember his name.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

thescottharris wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:36 pm
Faxlax wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:12 pm Ha ha. You are too young :D
I had heard about the armadillo game though, which was two years before I was born!
Story is Emmer had spoken to the refs that week prior to the game to tell them what he planned to do. Nothing in the rule book the prohibited from using that tactic. That was the end though. The rules committee immediately changed the policy. Emmer I believe also developed a ride where everyone rode with a long pole. I might be fuzzy on that one.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Three games into the season, hoping for a good effort against Bridgewater. The Generals have faced two pretty good goalies shooting 31, 24 and 18 percent in 3 games. Nice to see some better shot selection. This being their 4th game I’m hoping for a strong performance in all facets of the game and maybe a fast start tomorrow night.Bridgewater fogo Gauntt was 17/22 against Roanoke , lots of seniors on this roster.
NJlxrdad

Post by NJlxrdad »

A fast start would be nice..jump out and run away
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

I'd like to see a little more sense of urgency out of the Gennies. They sure looked flat on both sides of the ball in the first half against Roanoke.
Cheeseandcrackers

Post by Cheeseandcrackers »

Dave Raymond and Wayne Jackson were really good players for Morgan. Good goalie too. I don’t remember his name.

Wasn't Dr. Miles Harrison, father of Kyle Harrison of JHU fame, also one of the stars of that Morgan State team?
Faxlax

Post by Faxlax »

A win is a win, but not that impressive. Taylor was terrific, but The Generals were out hustled the first 2 1/2 quarters. Man down defense was first rate, including two kills when Bridgewater was two men up. When the offense had some movement, it was effective. Still too much standing around.

Saturday night will be tough if they play like this
Dehuntshigwa’es

Not all teams that have had a season ending shooting percentage of 30 or better have won the ODAC, but all ODAC champions have had a season ending shooting percentage of 30 or better,( I’m not checking this again I did it once awhile back, I think one team was under 30). W&L is currently shooting at 25% as a team for the season. Goal play has been outstanding and is the best part of this team. Holliday keeps getting better each week.... Not sure how you will continue to manufacture wins at a 25% shooting rate. Still think this offense has talent, hope to see it come alive soon.
Also saw the HSC May have changed up goalies. Looks like the Generals may face 6’3” 240 lb Will Perry. Says he graduated high school 2016 and spent 2 years at Middlebury in 16 and 17
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Good point, Dehunt. But they also aren’t getting great shots. They sorely miss a playmaker like #10 to break down a defense and create opportunities. 22 assists on 49 goals so far isn’t a great stat either. Feels like we see a lot of perimeter passing without much movement. Ok, hope they figure it out for Saturday.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:26 pm Not all teams that have had a season ending shooting percentage of 30 or better have won the ODAC, but all ODAC champions have had a season ending shooting percentage of 30 or better,( I’m not checking this again I did it once awhile back, I think one team was under 30). W&L is currently shooting at 25% as a team for the season. Goal play has been outstanding and is the best part of this team. Holliday keeps getting better each week.... Not sure how you will continue to manufacture wins at a 25% shooting rate. Still think this offense has talent, hope to see it come alive soon.
Also saw the HSC May have changed up goalies. Looks like the Generals may face 6’3” 240 lb Will Perry. Says he graduated high school 2016 and spent 2 years at Middlebury in 16 and 17
Yeah Schlager just wasn't getting the job done in goal for H-SC. Perry has been up and down but had a pretty solid game against Bridgewater, in my opinion.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Have to give this W&L team credit for making it to 24 consecutive regular season conference wins for a school record.Nice run, start a new record taking down Lynchburg this Friday and Saturday. These will be very tough games, my hope is for some benchmarks to hit. Setting goals like winning the gb war, clear at 85%, score 10 goals, 55% on face offs, keep turnovers to under 16. Keep Lynchburg under 15 goals. Gennies have won 7 out of the last 8 let’s see if they can make it 8 out of 9
Dehuntshigwa’es

12-9 Generals, Taylor is on fire, D has played a lot of minutes losing so many face offs , 3 min to go can they clear and they don’t 12-10 now . Win the face and game over, they don’t 1:11 to go time out Bugs. Generals clear turn it over 20 seconds for the win 12-10 Taylor with an All American performance, great job by the Generals tonight.
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Nice win by the Gennies.
Defense tightened up, Witherall was hot but hats off to Taylor who was simply outstanding in the 6x6
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:53 pm Nice win by the Gennies.
Defense tightened up, Witherall was hot but hats off to Taylor who was simply outstanding in the 6x6
Yes, goalie won them that game. He was great!
Faxlax

Post by Faxlax »

Terrific to see Witherall back. Tomorrow’s game will be intense.
ctbagataway

Post by ctbagataway »

Go generals! What a win. I have to admit they shocked me. No time to celebrate, though, big one again tomorrow night.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Starting 4/17 W&L will be performing an interesting experiment having played 6 games in 11 days, 3 home. Nd 3 away. I’m sure there may be a cancellation along the way with covid but it is certainly ambitious.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Any word on Mize?
He seemed distraught when he was down turf at LYN. Hope his season isn’t over!
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:56 pm Starting 4/17 W&L will be performing an interesting experiment having played 6 games in 11 days, 3 home. Nd 3 away. I’m sure there may be a cancellation along the way with covid but it is certainly ambitious.
I'd imagine WLl is playing deep bench players by the 2nd quarter in the Randolph, Ferrum, and Virginia Wesleyan games. Well maybe second half for Ferrum, they are a notch better than those two but still a fairly bad team.

Shenandoah and Guilford, who knows, depends a lot on which team shows up for those two schools as they seem wildly inconsistent. Macon is the only one I'd put as very likely a competitive game. Don't think the Generals lose it by any means but Macon is good enough to be able to run with them if they are playing to their potential.

\Of course, I am also beginning to question if VWU will even play another game. Unless they play that Randolph game on Saturday, they'll have gone 5 weeks before they have another scheduled game.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”