Centennial Conference 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
overandback

Re: Centennial Conference 2021

Post by overandback »

...and love seeing that Muhlenburg is playing @ Haverford on 5/1.
The squirrel has been set free!
Whatever the Ivies do, expect Haverford to follow.
Dips_lax

Post by Dips_lax »

overandback wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:39 pm That's my cue to enter the room!

Dipslax,
I believe you are overlooking at least one scenario that would result in the 5/8 Gettysburg v Muhlenberg game determining CC champ.

If...
F&M loses to Dickinson and Gburg.
and...
Mules beat WAC and Ursinus.
and...
GBurg beats McDaniel and F&M.

Mules (4-1) and Bullets (5-0) would play for the CC Championship on 5/8.
Fair - could also be a 3 way tie at 5-1 if F&M loses to only Gburg and Mules win out. Then it goes to the goal differential. Personally I hope it doesn't go past 5/1.... Muhlenberg is much improved esp on midfield and the defensive end. Always scrappy but they seem to piece it together more consistently over 60 mins.
Dips_lax

Post by Dips_lax »

As expected Mules played well vs ursinus tonight but lost in 2OTs. Clears the way for a May Day showdown for the centennial at Shadek. Doesn’t get much better than this.

Go Dips. Have at it.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Gettysburg / F&M should be a barn burner! I don't have a good read on the Dips although I thought they looked great against Ursinus. If the Bullets can hold their own at the X and get good goalie play (a true Freshman) I like their chances. This will be a 1-2 goal game going down the stretch.
GO BULLETS!
If the Bullets get past F&M I am not looking forward to the Muhlenberg game!
CCfan

Post by CCfan »

Looking forward to Gettysburg-F&M tomorrow. Expect a great game and glad the conference champ will be determined on the field and not by a tie-breaker rule.

Dips and Laxdds - agree with your take on the Mules. Maybe one of the best teams in D3 with a losing record at this point of this wacky season.

Cheers to all the CC lacrosse players and coaches who've dealt with all of the challenges of the last two seasons.
BULLET

Post by BULLET »

refa re doing a great job ---- if you're a Dips fan!

jeez
CTlaxer12

Post by CTlaxer12 »

BULLET wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 4:28 pm refa re doing a great job ---- if you're a Dips fan!

jeez
Bullets were out scored 11-4 in the second half, not sure there is a ref on earth that can make a half that lopsided. Dips were the better team today, plain and simple and are something like 13-1 in regular season conference play the past two conference seasons. I think the answer is F&M is the better team and program right now. That can change very quickly, and I expect it will be a back and forth between these two top quality schools for a long time. Both are easy sells for top students who are quality lacrosse players, they offer everything.

I think it’s great for the CC to have three formidable programs that can play with most teams in the country. Gburg, F&M, and Ursinus are all bringing in top quality students and recruits year after year. Years ago it was Gburg and WAC and everyone else. This parity in the conference now is fantastic and as entertaining as ever.

Also big shout out to the Mules for having rebuilt the program! They played the top teams tough and I expect them to battle for the conference in the near future.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

F&M looked really good..Bullets not so much. Would like to get another chance at the Dips.
GO BULLETS
ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Laxdds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:01 am F&M looked really good..Bullets not so much. Would like to get another chance at the Dips.
GO BULLETS
Caught this game after WAC melted down to lose to Dickinson.

My take is as followed

Gettysburg hung tough with the Dips and really frustrated them until they ran out of gas and melted down late in the 3rd. An interesting thing that I noticed when Washington played Gettysburg earlier this season was how many players are not on GBurg's roster that were on it the year before. Any insight into all those missing players? My first guess is Covid opt outs but it seems like the rest of the conference was able to keep most of their guys.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

ReturnOfTheWAC wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:32 am
Laxdds wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 11:01 am F&M looked really good..Bullets not so much. Would like to get another chance at the Dips.
GO BULLETS
Caught this game after WAC melted down to lose to Dickinson.

My take is as followed

Gettysburg hung tough with the Dips and really frustrated them until they ran out of gas and melted down late in the 3rd. An interesting thing that I noticed when Washington played Gettysburg earlier this season was how many players are not on GBurg's roster that were on it the year before. Any insight into all those missing players? My first guess is Covid opt outs but it seems like the rest of the conference was able to keep most of their guys.
Your correct RoTWAC...Gettysburg had several key COVID opt outs including an AA starting Goalie. The freshman has played fairly well this year, so I'm Not sure how much of a difference that would have made on Saturday but you never know. No use crying about it you play whoever is on your schedule with the players you have.
Any news on WAC's head coaching search?
SElax00

Post by SElax00 »

F&M is missing about 15 players too, including a few sophomores who were studs as freshman and most of their freshman class. They beat UC/Gburg pretty soundly in the end, won all their games but one by more than 3 and never trailed in the 4th quarter of any game this year. My take is they are the best team in the conference by a decent margin, preseason rankings are irrelevant once the games are played.
CTlaxer12

Post by CTlaxer12 »

Interesting, I did not realize both F&M and Gettysburg were both missing so many impactful players. Is the same true of Ursinus?
overandback

Post by overandback »

SElax00 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 3:12 pm F&M is missing about 15 players too, including a few sophomores who were studs as freshman and most of their freshman class. They beat UC/Gburg pretty soundly in the end, won all their games but one by more than 3 and never trailed in the 4th quarter of any game this year. My take is they are the best team in the conference by a decent margin, preseason rankings are irrelevant once the games are played.
Headline from the F&M Gburg game that I received were not about who the best team in the conference is.
More centered on the behavior of the F&M fans who abused visiting players throughout the game and chose to berate Coach Janczyk, repeatedly shouting down at him at halftime that he should retire.
I hope the Dips fans are happy...their wish came true!
If I was there, there would have been punches reining down on the spiked seltzer drinking alumni and fans. Glad I wasn’t.
The athletic department and particularly coach Cavellaro at dipshit-college should be ashamed.
The Centennial Conference, headquartered at dipshit college, has prohibited fans at all games. Apparently they waived the rule on Saturday and summoned the call for for the biggest cretans in dipshitland to post up and abuse GBurgs coach.
Way to go!
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

[/quote]
Headline from the F&M Gburg game that I received were not about who the best team in the conference is.
More centered on the behavior of the F&M fans who abused visiting players throughout the game and chose to berate Coach Janczyk, repeatedly shouting down at him at halftime that he should retire.
[/quote]

This is disappointing to hear. Coach Janczyk is a legend and although I have never met him, I can't remember ever hearing anything but good things about this man. If this was his last game, he'll be missed and DIII lost a special one today.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Coach Janczyk belongs in the Lacrosse Hall of Fame along with Berkman and Urick representing the D 3 contribution to the game. Not to mention his personal coaching records.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

WOW did not hear any of the stuff about the fans...not necessarily unbelievable though I believe some of the same things were said last time F&M came to Gettysburg
therocketpocket

Post by therocketpocket »

COGULL wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:15 pm
[/quote]

Coach J had a wonderful career--- but Fans will be fans, have always been a part of the game and I'm just glad they were allowed to watch the game, probably startled the bullets a bit! -- Hard to say that was the headline from the game. From what I've heard the headline from the game was the performance of Keating 22 and the FM Goaltending. Wonder if the headline of the game for you would still be the fans if Burg won the game, proving it on the field has always been the way to silence the crowd...
therocketpocket

Post by therocketpocket »

Curious to see how FM and Dick play out tonight. Looking like a trap game to me, wonder if FM open there bench a bit in preparation for the NCAA tournament. I sure would love to see a perfect season rather then a L before the tournament.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

In addiiton to Gburg, WAC is also looking for a new lax coach...

https://www.washcoll.edu/people_departm ... /index.php

There could be some interesting candidates for the WAC job. Be nice to get an alum in there.
veryoldgoose

Post by veryoldgoose »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:32 am In addiiton to Gburg, WAC is also looking for a new lax coach...

https://www.washcoll.edu/people_departm ... /index.php

There could be some interesting candidates for the WAC job. Be nice to get an alum in there.
WAC should be announcing the hire in the next few weeks. A number of alums interviewed, but some others as well. Really fantastic list of candidates, and I think the hire will surprise some folks, but in a great way.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”