LIBERTY LEAGUE 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
LibertyL

LIBERTY LEAGUE 2021

Post by LibertyL »

Please use this for any info, rumors, schedules, etc.

As of today 01/11 several of the leagues schools are bringing kids back to
campus using home testing kits w/negative results and some using
quarantine time or both. Varies by school.
Matnum PI

Re: LIBERTY LEAGUE 2021

Post by Matnum PI »

You optimistic about Liberty League play?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

We should know pretty soon, but optimism has not worked very
much lately.
goaliedad

Post by goaliedad »

Any news at all? The silence is not building confidence.

Thanks for any info
ergit

Post by ergit »

Apparently decision coming later this month from League. Son’s coach hopeful/ confident that there will be some sort of conference schedule. Having said that, it could be that not all member schools will be participating.
Schools could be playing a part-conference, part local out-of-conference schedule. RIT, Clarkson and SLU are playing D1 hockey, Union and RPI cancelled hockey. RPI does have a roster posted. If I were to pit money on it, I’d say
RIT, Clarkson and SLU would be a yes, Union no and RPI, Ithaca(?) maybe. Something tells me (just a guess) that Vassar, Skidmore and Bard will be out. So you are probably looking at maybe a partial conference, no championship schedule.
isaacwright22

Post by isaacwright22 »

ergit wrote: Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:47 am If I were to pit money on it, I’d say
RIT, Clarkson and SLU would be a yes, Union no and RPI, Ithaca(?) maybe.
Ithaca practicing in pods since mid january..definitely intending on playing some how, just a waiting game
ergit

Post by ergit »

Good to hear about Ithaca. Having five trams play would be great. You could play games home and away for a total of eight games starting some time in March and maybe round it out with a couple of local non-conference games. My understanding is that there will be no overnight travel which makes sense. At this point, I’ll take anything...
goaliedad

Post by goaliedad »

It looks like Skidmore will play!!
https://t.co/cxRfpDbbJo
ergit

Post by ergit »

I’m a little surprised, but good on them...
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

https://ritathletics.com/news/2021/2/15 ... ction.aspx

RIT practicing with anticipation of a LL decision on league play by March 1st.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
ICGrad

Post by ICGrad »

Given the extreme cost-cutting measures announced by IC this past Fall, I'm surprised that they would be going ahead with any Spring sports. Obviously, we all want to see a return to normal, but I'm not sure what that looks like for many private Liberal Arts colleges post-COVID.
Maggsedge

Post by Maggsedge »

Word from RPI is more than likely no season. One of the top schools in the country can’t figure out how to combat Covid. More than enough resources on campus itself to make the season happen for spring sports
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

goaliedad wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:49 am It looks like Skidmore will play!!
https://t.co/cxRfpDbbJo
THAT is awesome. :)
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

Word out in IC is first game wouldn't be allowed to happen till March 20th
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

I believe we should have something with regard to March by first week of March. Several teams
have that as their target date for any local games and while LL might not allow conference play
till say mid March a decision would seem to be forthcoming in order to allow scheduling.

It's a decision that needs to be made for these poor kids who have been practicing all
February.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

IC dropped insta post..."Spring Sports competition has officially been approved by LL". Further info probably tonight from team
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

Liberty League commissioner Tracy King has announced that the league’s Presidents Council has unanimously agreed on a plan for a return to athletics competition this spring. Under the plan, Liberty League competition will begin no earlier than the weekend of March 26 with competition predominantly against league member institutions. Student-athletes and team personnel will adhere to a rigorous COVID-19 testing protocol in order to ensure a healthy and safe environment for competition.

Liberty League spring sports include baseball, men’s and women’s golf, men’s and women’s lacrosse, men’s and women’s rowing, softball, men’s and women’s tennis, and men’s and women’s outdoor track and field.

“I am grateful for the support and endorsement of our presidents for the league’s return-to-play plan,” said King. “The Liberty League will move forward with cautious optimism as we look to provide competitive opportunities for our student-athletes. The health and safety of our student-athletes will remain our top priority as we resume Liberty League athletics competition across our campuses.

“We also recognize the autonomy of our institutions to make decisions that are in the best interests of their campus communities, including decisions on spring athletics participation,” King added. “While we plan to move forward with Liberty League spring competition and championships, we respect and support those decisions and understand that institutional policies and circumstances may dictate that schools opt out or suspend spring athletics competition.”

Liberty League institutions are permitted to engage in competition against non-league opponents as long as they adhere to the league’s COVID-19 return-to-play protocols. League schedules will be posted online in the coming weeks but are subject to change due to the changing COVID landscape.

Liberty League Presidents Council
Leon Botstein, Bard College
Anthony G. Collins, Clarkson University
Joyce P. Jacobsen, Hobart and William Smith Colleges
Shirley M. Collado, Ithaca College
Shirley Ann Jackson, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
David C. Munson, Rochester Institute of Technology
Marc C. Conner, Skidmore College
William L. Fox, St. Lawrence University
David R. Harris, Union College
Sarah C. Mangelsdorf, University of Rochester
Elizabeth H. Bradley, Vassar College
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Finally, some good news out of the North.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
LibertyL

Post by LibertyL »

Very good news. I have known about this and hard to keep quiet but I did.

Truly a very important stance by the Presidents of these schools and !!! is due to them.
Maggsedge

Post by Maggsedge »

RPI still says no sports based on their own Covid testing. Creditable source says they’re going into another 2 week quarentine for students and athletes

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”