ODAC lax season is on

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Whiskeydog

Re: ODAC lax season is on

Post by Whiskeydog »

Calm down Lover. Fans are back....thank the gods. Shellenberger Field has always been a tough venue for visiting teams. Hope it always will be.
Faxlax

Post by Faxlax »

Let’s keep this in perspective. Lover is the clown who said yesterday that Bridgewater would win by 3.
Carroll81

Post by Carroll81 »

NJlxrdad wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:22 pm Wow. Watching WLvBW. This is the worst officiating job I’ve ever seen. Literally not sure one red knows the rules.
The crew did struggle a bit. Particularly #81. His season is probably over.

In the end I think the crew overall got the calls right, just not what most are expecting in a NCAA playoff game.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

W&Lover- Why didn’t you go to the W&L game?
May want to change your handle to CNNFakeFan
ConcordetoODAC

Post by ConcordetoODAC »

Carroll81 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:29 pm
NJlxrdad wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 6:22 pm Wow. Watching WLvBW. This is the worst officiating job I’ve ever seen. Literally not sure one red knows the rules.
The crew did struggle a bit. Particularly #81. His season is probably over.

In the end I think the crew overall got the calls right, just not what most are expecting in a NCAA playoff game.
Refs don't win or lose games. Most associations assign playoff officials based on performance during the year. W&L played better than Bridgewater and won the game. No need to put asterisks on the game with "ref's suck" etc.
Same with Roanoke vs Bridgewater game. Bridgewater was better on Tuesday. No need to put asterisks on that game either with "this kid was injured or sick" or "ref's suck" etc.
Every team has hurdles to overcome. The coaching staff plays the best options and one team wins, one team loses. It would be nice to see people give teams credit rather than offering excuses. Roanoke will be fine. HS will be fine. Bridgewater will be fine. Randolph-Macon will be fine. VAWes, Ferrum and Randolph will develop and be fine.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

W&L / Lynchburg today, will it be W&L like in game 1 or Lynchburg in game 2. W&L won game 1 due to Taylor and face offs, game 2 was a totally different storyline. I’m sure there was some emotional let down by W&L as there was a heightened sense of urgency on Lynchburg’s part to play the very next day, they are a prideful team. On paper Lynchburg should win, but as in game 1 strange things can happen. W&L has to start FAST, they are not a come from behind 3-4 goal down team. It will require everyone’s best effort. Hoping for a tied score or better heading into the 4th
Nothinbutthelax

Homefield is an important advantage in this one. LYN has some demons to overcome. They started out very slow and played what is considered by coaches the worst game this year in the loss.

LYN Defense is 100% healthy with #46 Albright back in line up.
LYN’s 4 SSDMs looked good vs. HSC game 2 but we’re a clear weakness in game 1 when #50 Clayton Jones was out. Mullholland, Witherall, Hamill can be to be successful in that iso/2 man game against them.

W&L has an advantage in Greenspon if he can press from behind and draw or score. He’s shown he can turn the corner and I feel that’s a soft spot in LYN defense. Players who can do it draw that slide and he’s a good enough feeder to find the seam. Tall order since Tyler Gallagher is 1st team AA.. That will be a fun matchup to watch
W&L defense is physical, well coached and know what they are up against. LYN’s #7 Kyle Lewis has not shown he can score on a drive from X. #10, Robinson and #21 attack from GLE mostly. Knowing that I expect the Generals to be very tough and give Taylor shots he can see.

FO wings: even. FO men: advantage LYN. If W&L needs to prevent Ricci from clean wins (which he had A LOT of vs. HSC) and go 50/50 then things will be interesting.
Shooting% and placement— LYN generates a ton of shots but not always great. Both goalies are solid but LYN need to solve Taylor which is a tall order..he’s so good low for being a big man.
GB’s - if W&L can keep possessions and not TO’s eliminating unsettled transition LYN feast on then they take away 4-5 goals. LYN swarms and LSM’3 Darminio is particularly good off the ground. LYN thrives in a fast paced game but with such a staunch defense

W&L need to press any advantage and make the bugs pay for mistakes. If the generals come out firing and put LYN on their heels they have a chance to win. Hoping for the usual slugfest but I’m thinking LYN is ready and peeking. They come round that mountain home to Shellenburger to ring the victory bell with a 14-9 win.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Lynchburg is playing where they left off the other night against HSC. W&L can’t find an answer now 8-1 that’s the ballgame. Lynchburg Dominating everywhere on the field. Shame to end the season on this note, but the senior group had a lot of great wins over their careers . Congratulations and thanks for 4 great years
dingdongdman

Post by dingdongdman »

Tough first half to watch as a Generals fan. 3 failed clears due to being offsides is embarrassing. Lack of communication across the field and players are just standing around on both offense and defense. Looks like the Hornets are getting revenge after 2019's ODAC championship. Hopefully next year the Gennies are back and ready to play.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Well this is about as uncompetitive of a title game as we've ever seen thru 1 half. Generals have 15 turnovers to six shots, SIX, at halftime
Nothinbutthelax

As a LYN fan that was about as much fun as I’ve had watching an ODAC final. Domination!
Congratulations to this W&L senior class that has left this program in a better place!
Looking forward to what I suspect will be a LYN Salisbury rematch.
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

LYN v HSC, as said before was the real championship game which is unfortunate the way it turned out seeding wise. Credit all the kids for dealing with such a difficult year in all aspects and for giving us some awesome lacrosse this spring!!
valaxdood703

Post by valaxdood703 »

W&LLover wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:57 pm Was at the HSC v. LYN game tonight...

All I have to say is that the LYN fans were horrendous. Yelling at members of the HSC team. Even cursing at them. Yelling at HSC’s head coach. Definitely showed a representation of the types of people that LYN is bringing in. Poor class all around from the lynchburg fans. Even when they were up by a lot in the 4th, the fans stayed at it yelling at the HSC players. Very poor sportsmanship on their part. Hope W&L whoops them on Saturday, solely because of the show the fans put on at the game tonight. I know Greenspan will be lights out in the big game on his home field, and play like the all-American that he is.

Roll gennies
This is such a classic "we're better than you" HSC/W&L take. Take a look in the mirror bud, your fans are just as bad. It's called a sporting event, the fans are going to chirp the away team. You lost and Lynchburg is straight up a better team top to bottom. Swallow your pride and accept the loss. Better luck next year.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

camskidamski wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:10 am LYN v HSC, as said before was the real championship game which is unfortunate the way it turned out seeding wise.
:lol:

I always get a kick out of reading a line like that.

I still have a (weird) feeling ODAC is getting two into the tourney :geek:
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:58 pm
camskidamski wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:10 am LYN v HSC, as said before was the real championship game which is unfortunate the way it turned out seeding wise.

Must have been a weird feeling alright...
Nothinbutthelax

Yeah, Was never gonna happen since HSC lost to CNU..

This ODAC forum, putting/lumping all ODAC play on one thread was a great idea DEHUNT! Let’s do it again next year!
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:11 am Yeah, Was never gonna happen since HSC lost to CNU..

This ODAC forum, putting/lumping all ODAC play on one thread was a great idea DEHUNT! Let’s do it again next year!
DEHUNT the goat...awesome way to have great conversations about all teams...any way too early 2022 predictions? (also for who you think will take 5th years at WnL and Lynch?)
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

camskidamski wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:59 am
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Must have been a weird feeling alright...
Thought there were 3 Pool C bids not 2.

Thanks though
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:11 am Yeah, Was never gonna happen since HSC lost to CNU..

Just glad there was a season NBL, despite the ODAC final.i thought that Lynchburg was capable of dominating the evening but that was ugly. I know I’m a broken record with this but these ample senior classes with the addition of 5th players either returning for a masters program and players from the portal will wreck havoc the next few years in the ODAC. I think Lynchburg has about 6 masters programs. HSC has some graduate agreements w UVa wake forest Duke UNC and others, these probably don’t qualify at least I don’t think. Anyway HSC had 16 seniors Lburg had 16 Sr and 5th years combined. W&L had 8 and I knew this would be critical at some point in the season. I’m not hanging a teams record on this one data point alone but it’s certainly a distinct advantage having that extra year. If you watched the ACC this year these 5th year players were just outstanding. I think Lynchburg goes on a run the next few years with large mature classes. W&L should respond by hitting the transfer portal. There is a lot of discontent at the D1 level. Strong academic students from various schools with a proven track record as freshman should take a long look at Lexington Va. as did Hubbard and Bou both Soph’s both started !!
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:42 pm

Just glad there was a season NBL, despite the ODAC final.i thought that Lynchburg was capable of dominating the evening but that was ugly. I know I’m a broken record with this but these ample senior classes with the addition of 5th players either returning for a masters program and players from the portal will wreck havoc the next few years in the ODAC. I think Lynchburg has about 6 masters programs. HSC has some graduate agreements w UVa wake forest Duke UNC and others, these probably don’t qualify at least I don’t think. Anyway HSC had 16 seniors Lburg had 16 Sr and 5th years combined. W&L had 8 and I knew this would be critical at some point in the season. I’m not hanging a teams record on this one data point alone but it’s certainly a distinct advantage having that extra year. If you watched the ACC this year these 5th year players were just outstanding. I think Lynchburg goes on a run the next few years with large mature classes. W&L should respond by hitting the transfer portal. There is a lot of discontent at the D1 level. Strong academic students from various schools with a proven track record as freshman should take a long look at Lexington Va. as did Hubbard and Bou both Soph’s both started !!
H-SC doesn't have any grad school programs, the agreements just give H-SC grads some sort of preferential treatment in the admissions process or something like that. They also don't provide financial aid for 5th years, so if you need 5 years to graduate that final year is all on you. It's why it's exceedingly rare to see someone come back for a 5th year even if they are eligible for it because of having a medical hardship waiver.

I suspect it's going to put H-SC at a big competitive disadvantage over the next few years compared to most of the rest of the ODAC that offers grad programs in some capacity.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”