C2C 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
YCOLaxFanSU

Re: C2C 2021

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

After the first blowout, I predicted a much tighter 2nd game...I ended up being wrong as the Gulls blew them away a 2nd time but the C2C Championship turned out exactly as I figured one of those games would go. I was actually much more surprised that the regular season games were not closer because what we saw yesterday is what CNU was more capable of.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

2 of the 5 C2C teams in the elite 8 is not a bad look for the conference. With SVU leaving, its up to SMCM and UMW to turn a corner to make every conference game interesting. There aren’t a ton of D3 public schools, hopefully they’re able to pounce on that advantage that they have and become true competitors in the next few years or so. Credit to CNU and Coach Thompson for turning that corner and establishing themselves as a consistent contender.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 11:08 am 2 of the 5 C2C teams in the elite 8 is not a bad look for the conference. With SVU leaving, its up to SMCM and UMW to turn a corner to make every conference game interesting. There aren’t a ton of D3 public schools, hopefully they’re able to pounce on that advantage that they have and become true competitors in the next few years or so. Credit to CNU and Coach Thompson for turning that corner and establishing themselves as a consistent contender.
C2C is a ‘Frankenconference’ with no long term legs.
Harco2019

Post by Harco2019 »

SMCM headed to the NEAC next year
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Harco2019 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 12:01 pm SMCM headed to the NEAC next year
https://www.neacsports.com/news/release ... -neac-2021

I dont get it (other than the AQ) :?: .

What a weak conference (lax wise) and those trips to Morrisville/Medaille/Wells (if they are still around) they are going to have to do :shock:
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

7.5 hours is a long one-way drive between St Mary's and Morrisville.
They schools could always split the difference and play a neutral-site game somewhere in Allentown, PA each year.
SouthernLaxGenius

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:45 pm 7.5 hours is a long one-way drive between St Mary's and Morrisville.
They schools could always split the difference and play a neutral-site game somewhere in Allentown, PA each year.
Not a bad idea on splitting the cost.

They could also play back to back (Friday/Saturday) or 2 in 3 days (Friday/Sunday) to "save" on cost.

I don't see who competes with St. Mary's (men's Lacrosse wise) and they should just steam roll the conference :mrgreen:
Wall Ball

Post by Wall Ball »

It’s a shame what happened to the once proud CAC. They were always one of the top conferences in every sport. Their demise, was not being a football conferences and what teams they had, they were good. Feel bad for the remaining schools because of their locations. Is there any other conference out there, they can merge with. CNU is screwed, they should be an honorary ODAC member with all the games they play each other. I get it, CNU is a public school. During these Woke times, the ODAC shouldn’t discriminate against the school from Newport News. LOL. CNU and Lynchburg would be the top rivalry in every sport. CNU is a very good academic school.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:18 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:45 pm 7.5 hours is a long one-way drive between St Mary's and Morrisville.
Not a bad idea on splitting the cost.

They could also play back to back (Friday/Saturday) or 2 in 3 days (Friday/Sunday) to "save" on cost.

I don't see who competes with St. Mary's (men's Lacrosse wise) and they should just steam roll the conference :mrgreen:
It's a total waste for the mens and women's lacrosse programs heading to the NEAC, aside from locking up an AQ. Hopefully they take the Salisbury/Stevenson approach and play the NEAC schedule, lock up an AQ each year, but use OOC games to play the best competition possible.

The top women's program in the NEAC was Morristown. They lost to Salisbury 25-1 this year. StM lost to Salisbury 14-10 and 14-13.

Hopefully Childs is calling all the C2C teams and York, Cabrini, Stevenson and every ODAC/Centennial team he can for scheduling.
SouthernLaxGenius

If/when St. Marys makes it to the big dance for lacrosse it will be kind of strange seeing them in the Northern Part of the bracket (seemingly) most of the time 8-)

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”