NESCAC

D3 Mens Lacrosse
sleeperagent

Re: NESCAC

Post by sleeperagent »

What are peoples projections for the two NESCAC games this weekend?

I’ll give mine:

RIT vs. Bowdoin: RIT wins 17-11. Bowdoin has had an impressive year but not sure they are in the same tier as the top 4 teams after watching them play Tufts.

Salisbury vs. Tufts: Tufts wins 18-14. Really think the Tufts style of play will trouble Salisbury. The Jumbos are also peaking at the right time and if Mason Kohn continues his dominance in the faceoff game, I could see them going very far.
Patlaxer

Post by Patlaxer »

Congratulations to Coach Peter Lasagna on his retirement. What a wonderful career. Imagine when my sons played in the NESCAC
almost 20 years ago Renzie Lamb was at Williams, John Raba and Mike Daly were young coaches at Wesleyan and Tufts, the legendary Erin Quinn was at Middlebury, Coach McCabe was at Bowdoin, and Peter Lasagna was at Bates. These men were revered not only by their own players but by opposing players also. They also liked and respected each other.
The only one left is Coach Raba. There seems to be a lot of really great young coaches in the NESCAC this year.
Let’s hope they can learn from him.
Pulling for Bowdoin and Tufts.
callaxdad

Post by callaxdad »

Bystanders wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:31 am Anyone else think it’s completely inappropriate for that Tufts coach to allow his team to score 33 goals. Classy.
Hey, against a 19-1 team no lead is safe!!!! Hahaha!! Hey coach, it's not my job to stop my team, it's your job. Mostly backups the majority of the second half. Cry me a river!!
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

callaxdad wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 6:43 pm
Bystanders wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:31 am Anyone else think it’s completely inappropriate for that Tufts coach to allow his team to score 33 goals. Classy.
Hey, against a 19-1 team no lead is safe!!!! Hahaha!! Hey coach, it's not my job to stop my team, it's your job. Mostly backups the majority of the second half. Cry me a river!!
Not to worry, he got his comeuppance in the form of a program worst 26 GA beat down by RIT 8 days later. But it’s true. Imagine your a Tufts backup , good enough to make the tournament dressed squad, but that’s about it. Are you happy to get some ink when you get the call? I think so…
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Bystanders

Post by Bystanders »

At least the RIT coach had the sense to call off the dogs at 26! Not crying at all. Just watched the sideline at Tufts for the last four years (well two and a quarter years) with perennial sideline scout teamers chirping the other teams starters and that coaching staff encourages it.
JustOneTime

Post by JustOneTime »

Bystanders wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:33 am
At least the RIT coach had the sense to call off the dogs at 26! Not crying at all. Just watched the sideline at Tufts for the last four years (well two and a quarter years) with perennial sideline scout teamers chirping the other teams starters and that coaching staff encourages it.
I hate the chirping sidelines as well. It's one thing to cheer on your teammates after a great play but the derogatory comments that come from the bench warmers directed at those that actually see the field is crossing the line. I do blame that behavior on the coaches. They need to control their guys.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Bystanders wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 8:33 am
"[C]hirping the other teams (sic) starters" doesn't happen. Fake news.
Nescac12001

Post by Nescac12001 »

I got Bowdoin coming out on top of the nescac next year as my early prediction. They’re returning too much talent to pass up on. This season wasn’t a one hit wonder for them, Bill Mason isn’t going away and we will see Bowdoin be a dominant team for years to come under him.
Dave

Post by Dave »

the Polar Bears also have a strong recruiting class - surprised to see such a drastic turnaround - but i agree...
sguy9

Post by sguy9 »

Paging Bates College leadership... Anyone have any insight here?
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

sguy9 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:15 am Paging Bates College leadership... Anyone have any insight here?
I know Annino and Haefele have interviewed and they have had their finalist candidates on campus. There are others as well.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

InsiderRoll wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:16 am
sguy9 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:15 am Paging Bates College leadership... Anyone have any insight here?
I know Annino and Haefele have interviewed and they have had their finalist candidates on campus. There are others as well.
Likely other NESCACs, I imagine.
lilax

Post by lilax »

InsiderRoll wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 10:16 am
Haefele never interviewed.

Finalists are 2 current NESCAC assistants and a former NESCAC assistants.
smoova

Post by smoova »

lilax wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:03 pm
Haefele never interviewed.

Finalists are 2 current NESCAC assistants and a former NESCAC assistants.
I'll play: Annino, Carrington and Toomy?
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

They have made an offer that has been accepted.
smoova

Post by smoova »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:16 pm They have made an offer that has been accepted.
You’re as bad as @1776 in the Transfer Portal thread! ;)
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Was it an offer he couldn’t refuse?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Annino takes over at Bates.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Switzerland

Post by Switzerland »

DeepPocket wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:22 pm Annino takes over at Bates.
I hope they stayed off the Hop forum.
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Mullane to Maryland. The rich get richer. He is an tremendous player but man, that is a stacked team to try to get meaningful minutes on. Will be interesting to see how he does, Jacoby showed what a top NESCAC player can do in Big 10.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”