York 2022

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Asgot

Re: York 2022

Post by Asgot »

What a great game. If Ryan Kennedy is not the best def Eder I. The country I do not know who is. I thought that CNU wasted their kid shutting off Ben Mayer in the first half. 4 of the five first
half goals from the 2nd middie line include three from Marenger great work at the x from Vinny and unbelievable goalie play for Jack.
The12lov3

Post by The12lov3 »

Asgot wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:34 pm What a great game. If Ryan Kennedy is not the best def Eder I. The country I do not know who is. I thought that CNU wasted their kid shutting off Ben Mayer in the first half. 4 of the five first
half goals from the 2nd middie line include three from Marenger great work at the x from Vinny and unbelievable goalie play for Jack.
If Ryan Kennedy can contain Marc Behdal then you can declare that.
ergit

Post by ergit »

The12lov3 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:17 pm
Asgot wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 5:34 pm What a great game. If Ryan Kennedy is not the best def Eder I. The country I do not know who is. I thought that CNU wasted their kid shutting off Ben Mayer in the first half. 4 of the five first
One hyperbolic post deserves another…
Both Ryan Kennedy and Mac Bredahl are very (very) good. Enough said.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

After that Bullet loss I’m fully onboard the York train!!
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

The12lov3 wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 6:17 pm
His name is Mac and both teams have to win very tough games first but I have seen him cover everyone’s top guy and absolutely dominate
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Never saw this coming. I thought CNU was the best team in the tournament but not today. Congratulations to York, can they seal the deal. If they play like today, yes 👏
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 8:29 pm Never saw this coming. I thought CNU was the best team in the tournament but not today. Congratulations to York, can they seal the deal. If they play like today, yes 👏
I was thinking that too. CNU seems to have peaked earlier and York is peaking now. Can York build with this? Certainly this game is a confidence booster.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Tough end to a great season for the Spartans. Good job to Union. They did what they had to and won the day. Best wishes in the Championship.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
Jumbo

Post by Jumbo »

Is it too early to look forward to 2023?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Jumbo wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 7:08 pm Is it too early to look forward to 2023?
Not at all. Big things ahead.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

What a fun ride, as you might expect the seniors were absolutely gutted and may need a day or two to understand just what they have done. Not just the first 20-win season or the first National semi-final appearance, but the culture that they have developed and the standard that they have set is something that they should be most proud of. The way they conducted themselves both in winning and losing is a direct reflection of the staff. I know that there are other programs with good cultures but I also spent the weekend seeing what a lack of culture looks like and it just makes me appreciate the standard set by the staff at York even more
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Asgot wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 7:38 am What a fun ride, as you might expect the seniors were absolutely gutted and may need a day or two to understand just what they have done. Not just the first 20-win season or the first National semi-final appearance, but the culture that they have developed and the standard that they have set is something that they should be most proud of. The way they conducted themselves both in winning and losing is a direct reflection of the staff. I know that there are other programs with good cultures but I also spent the weekend seeing what a lack of culture looks like and it just makes me appreciate the standard set by the staff at York even more
??? More Please!
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Post game write up and press conference video.
Pure class, as expected.

https://ycpspartans.com/news/2022/5/22/ ... inals.aspx

So much to look forward to, and thoughts on who may use added eligibility going forward. But I’m not touching it until after the final game of the DIII lacrosse season.... best of luck to both Union & RIT.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

York has much to look forward to, and Union certain played well and earned that win. This year was eye-opening for me as D3 at this level is new to me (D3 schools near me are not very good). a couple of observations:

At the top, the lacrosse is really excellent tough, fast, physical lacrosse, but there is a bis disparity between the top teams and everyone else.
Mustang Classic was awesome and I wish more schools would do something like that
Not a fan of the Quarters and semi's being back to back, from a player perspective. from a fan POV, it was great as we got to watch three great games in 2 days.
I think you will see fewer kids using the additional year going forward I still think there will be some but not at the numbers we saw this year.
I think you may see more transfers down as kids enter the portal and there are not as many takers, you could see good D-1 guys end up at some really good D3 schools.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”