New programs

D2 Mens Lacrosse
leeatu

Re: New programs

Post by leeatu »

HoundsDad wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:45 pm Curious about Quincy, the UIndy schedule posted and they are not on schedule. I see Quincy does have a schedule up as well and no UIndy. Both are GLVC, just wondering if someone had any additional info?
I wouldn't look too much into it ... yet, it's still over four months till the season starts. The GLVC does not have the composite schedule available either. My alma mater posted our women's tennis schedule about a month ago and it is missing a conference opponent as well.
Hounds_dad

Post by Hounds_dad »

There’s 10 teams now in GLVC: Alabama Huntsville, Lander, Lewis, Lindenwood, Maryville, Montevallo, Quincy, Rockhust, UIndy, and Young Harris. If you look at Conference tourney there 3 games. Play in, semi finals and championship. So I’m thinking there’s going to be two divisions, how they group them.... I don’t know.
LaxDadGoFish1

Post by LaxDadGoFish1 »

LaxManiax wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:59 am Anyone have news on Flagler?

I heard they are going to make the move and have even seen coaches out recruiting.

I know many schools are keeping it hush hush about adding until they know they can field a team.
Hello-my 1st post here. Now about Flagler.
My son who’s a HS 2020 just committed to Flagler. Had other opportunities but he wants to be in on the ground floor with the newly minted program. Their 1st season will be 2021/22. Coach Duncan had 50 prospects at their first Day two weeks ago. I see a great future for lacrosse at Flagler College -
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

[/quote]
Hello-my 1st post here. Now about Flagler.
My son who’s a HS 2020 just committed to Flagler. Had other opportunities but he wants to be in on the ground floor with the newly minted program. Their 1st season will be 2021/22. Coach Duncan had 50 prospects at their first Day two weeks ago. I see a great future for lacrosse at Flagler College -
[/quote]

I don't know much about Flagler. Info on their site about their coach seems like a good hire. With their location I would think they would be able to attract more than kids from just Florida and the SE. How are the academics? Did I read correctly that they are building a new stadium? Do they plan on playing as an independent?
LaxDadGoFish1

Post by LaxDadGoFish1 »

leeatu wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:15 pm

I heard they are going to make the move and have even seen coaches out recruiting.

I know many schools are keeping it hush hush about adding until they know they can field a team.
This thread is the only place I have seen Flagler mentioned. Can someone post a link to that IL Podcast; I can't find it.
2022 will b first NCAA D2 in The Sunshine Conference
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

LaxDadGoFish1 wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:51 pm

This thread is the only place I have seen Flagler mentioned. Can someone post a link to that IL Podcast; I can't find it.
Yes, I posted links to their announcement in September earlier in this thread. The SSC will be a good affiliation. Is it going to be for both the men's and the women's teams; when will Flagler officially announce this agreement?
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

leeatu wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:10 pm

Yes, I posted links to their announcement in September earlier in this thread. The SSC will be a good affiliation. Is it going to be for both the men's and the women's teams; when will Flagler officially announce this agreement?
Pretty sure they are NOT in the SSC, did anyone see otherwise? Are we just assuming.
LaxDadGoFish1

Post by LaxDadGoFish1 »

At Prodpect Day on 1/4, coach Duncan gave the 411:
Club 2012-20221. Playing SSC 2022.
Impressed by coach(es) and school’s strategic plan. Not impressed by present facilities but give it time. They’ve broken ground on lacrosse specific facility. You can see artists rendition on their website. Theyre renovating one building to quadruple Varsity athletes training room. I am lead to believe building anything new in the town near or on campus is very tricky as it is the oldest town in North America. I can just imagine battling historicical committees is problematic. Ive read the girls program will be up by 2023, but not sure on that.
One of the most beutiful campuses I’ve ever seen. The strategic plan of school involves attracting more male students.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

shaadb-man wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 7:57 pm

Pretty sure they are NOT in the SSC, did anyone see otherwise? Are we just assuming.
Did not say they were. Just getting information since an affiliation with the SSC appears to be in the works. It is still two years before Flagler plays their first game.
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

leeatu wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Did not say they were. Just getting information since an affiliation with the SSC appears to be in the works. It is still two years before Flagler plays their first game.
Perhaps Flagler will step into Tampa's spot when Tampa transitions over to D1. :shock:
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

JBFortunato wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 8:34 pm
leeatu wrote: Fri Jan 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Perhaps Flagler will step into Tampa's spot when Tampa transitions over to D1. :shock:
It bears mentioning in that regard that Tampa picked up two 2019 Syracuse transfers over the holiday break according to IL, the no. 30 attackman in the 2019 class, and a three-star goalie. The rich get richer: https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... town/55812
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

D'Youville College has hired Kameron Prince as their inaugural head coach. The team will begin East Coast Conference competition in the 2022 season.

http://athletics.dyc.edu/sports/mlax/D- ... osse_Coach
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

leeatu

Post by leeatu »

leeatu

Post by leeatu »

William Jewell College - GLVC

Men's and Women's - 2023-24

https://jewellcardinals.com/news/2022/1 ... rosse.aspx

A new team in the West!
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

The number of D2 teams will now eclipse the number of D1 teams: When will they expand the tournament size?
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

DQKing wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:53 am The number of D2 teams will now eclipse the number of D1 teams: When will they expand the tournament size?
D2 outnumbers D1 now, 75-74. The bracket needed to expand to 16 back when it was still at 8.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

DQKing wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:53 am The number of D2 teams will now eclipse the number of D1 teams: When will they expand the tournament size?
The Bracket won’t expand until the following happens.. either the womens side grows to a point where they expand their bracket causing an equity issue. Or the Mens side grows and adds another 15 or so teams. This would also allow for AQs

The second is based off NCAA model and is shown With other sports. A lot of coaches have talked about it when interviewed on the D2 podcast In The Crease.
DQKing

Post by DQKing »

The day is still early but I don't understand.
Women's D2 has over 100 teams so far more than the men's side.
Last year women's D2 had 12 teams in their bracket from what I can see.
Are you saying the men's side needs to grow 15 or so teams before they can get up to 12?

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”