Matnum PI

Sunshine State Conference (SSC)

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Warrior62

Re: Sunshine State Conference (SSC)

Post by Warrior62 »

Embry Riddle is in its 5th season now and still at the bottom. No excuse for that .
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

Warrior62 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:11 pm Embry Riddle is in its 5th season now and still at the bottom. No excuse for that .
Embry is a difficult school to recruit to ... aerospace majors and future pilots. The rest of the SSC has bottom-barrel academic standards.
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

EasyRider wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:44 pm
Warrior62 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 6:11 pm Embry Riddle is in its 5th season now and still at the bottom. No excuse for that .
Embry is a difficult school to recruit to ... aerospace majors and future pilots. The rest of the SSC has bottom-barrel academic standards.
Rollins absolutely does NOT have bottom-barrel Academic standards. Neither does Lynn.

Also for Embry Riddle yes its year 5 technically but not really. They played in 2018 in year one of the program and went 1-12 playing all freshmen. They went 8-9 in year 2 in 2019 and absolutely showed improvement. 2020 was year 3 and they started the year at 2-5 before the season was cancelled. The school cancelled all athletics last year. So 2 1/2 seasons instead of 4. Thats a tough way to build a foundation.
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

pridelax13 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:11 pm Rollins absolutely does NOT have bottom-barrel Academic standards. Neither does Lynn.
Respectfully, I have a former club player who attends one the schools you mentioned. He had a GPA in the mid 2.0's, a sub-20 ACT score and multiple school suspensions.
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

EasyRider wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:42 pm
pridelax13 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 1:11 pm Rollins absolutely does NOT have bottom-barrel Academic standards. Neither does Lynn.
Respectfully, I have a former club player who attends one the schools you mentioned. He had a GPA in the mid 2.0's, a sub-20 ACT score and multiple school suspensions.
Respectable scores!
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

EasyRider wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:42 pm
Rollins is US News No 1 ranked regional university South. Ranked higher than the Citadel, James Madison and CNU to name three. Acceptance rate is 60%. So assume you are referring to Lynn. Feel free to research some other D II lacrosse schools and report back which are better academically.
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

Thanks for informing me; statement (partially) retracted.

My bigger point is that Embry-Riddle, given its majors, is unlike the rest of the Sunshine. If your recruiting is limited to pilots / aerospace kids, you are recruiting from a much smaller pool than the rest of the conference.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Heard thru the grapevine kids are already starting to de-commit from FIT and looking to attend schools like Embry-Riddle. This is a good sign for ER. I think they might surprise some people this season.
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

Yes Embry-Riddle has terrific Aeronnautical program and Aerospace program, but they also have mechanical/computer/electrical engineering. They also have a business school. Its not just pilots anymore.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Opening Day coming soon. Any predications?
Lynn vs Tampa
Rollins vs FIT
Fandadof3laxers

Post by Fandadof3laxers »

Despite the coach turmoil over the holidays, FIT has some top notch experienced players starting on both sides of the ball. And depth. The grad transfers come over with years of game experience, and although I am biased, they came from MD and the mid Atlantic where lacrosse reigns supreme. Can’t wait to see how they do. Being very optimistic and positive! They beat Rollins.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Too bad FIT let a 1 goal game slip away at home. These are the types of games they need to be winning by one with all their experienced players. Looks like they maybe able to rebound catch BA and SH coming off opening day loses themselves.
Warrior62

Post by Warrior62 »

Embry Riddle has had a team now for 5 years, i would have thought they would be better by now. No improvement in 5 years and they had a club team to build off of. Othwr new teams are making waves by year 2 or 3
Laxfan00

Post by Laxfan00 »

Florida Southern taking down LeMoyne was not on my SSC season bingo card.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Laxfan00 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 8:58 pm Florida Southern taking down LeMoyne was not on my SSC season bingo card.
I don’t think anyone had that one.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”