3) Seton Hill
4) UIndy
5) Mercy
6) St. Anslem
7) Lenoir Rhyne
8) Tampa
9) Mercyhurst
10) Adelphi

LeMoyne returns all the starters on their defense. Lose Hutchings, but return 1st Team AA McCreary and 4 of 6 starters on offense. Rumor has it, 2nd Team AA Carter Collins from Lindenwood has transferred in.

Seton Hill and Wingate return almost everything from 2021.

UIndy, Mercy and St. A's return a solid core of players.

LR and Tampa have some question marks after replacing multiple AA's

Mercyhurst and Adelphi have a ton of holes due to graduation.

Lindenwood is a wild card, they look to have added 7-10 D1 transfers.
SouthernLaxGenius

Re: Way to Early Rankings

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

I know Wingate beat LR (only one in 3 opportunities) but to have them #2 and LR #7 :o

Tampa will be preseason top 5

But it is your top 10, so to each is own ;)
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

Lemoyne lost D pole Nick Frat to Cuse, great pick up by the Orange.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:38 pm I know Wingate beat LR (only one in 3 opportunities) but to have them #2 and LR #7 :o

Tampa will be preseason top 5

But it is your top 10, so to each is own ;)
I think LR will still be good. But they didn't just graduate Dickerson, they also graduated FOGO Bodeau and Close D Staley. 3 players who were All Region and All American. You can't just replicate Dickerson's offensive output.

Wingate returns everyone.

Same with Tampa. You cant expect them to win 80% of the faceoffs every game with Dickenson gone. They also graduated French and Mosher-McGraw.
SouthernLaxGenius

I hear you.

Not saying it's a rebuild year for any, but certain programs (Lemoyne, Limestone-in the past and Tampa) always reload regardless of graduation. I feel LR has now entered that realm.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 12:49 pm I hear you.

Not saying it's a rebuild year for any, but certain programs (Lemoyne, Limestone-in the past and Tampa) always reload regardless of graduation. I feel LR has now entered that realm.
Add Adelphi to that list, no rebuild just reload.
SouthernLaxGenius

River Donkey wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:47 pm
Merrimack is long gone and at the D1 level now

No more excuses for the Panthers :mrgreen:
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

Limestone will be back in the top 10! Storrier is already getting the old pipeline going.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:56 pm
River Donkey wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:47 pm
Merrimack is long gone and at the D1 level now

No more excuses for the Panthers :mrgreen:
Haha!! I hear you. But lack of talent has never been the issue for them. I’m told they have a bunch of transfers coming in from juco and the portal. Lemoyne beat a very talented Adelphi squad twice last year. Given normal playoff conditions I believe they would have been more of a factor last year.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

In the "way to early rankings", there was only one SSC team (Tampa) mentioned. I would think (Rollins, FS, FIT, Lynn) might get some attention or is this conference really that weak ?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:12 pm In the "way to early rankings", there was only one SSC team (Tampa) mentioned. I would think (Rollins, FS, FIT, Lynn) might get some attention or is this conference really that weak ?
Hard to say with no OOC play last spring. From the games within conference Tampa was definitely a cut above the others.
SouthernLaxGenius

Old&InTheWay wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:12 pm In the "way to early rankings", there was only one SSC team (Tampa) mentioned. I would think (Rollins, FS, FIT, Lynn) might get some attention or is this conference really that weak ?
Lynn would be a pick for the top 20.

The rest are preseason (and in some cases pre hype) contenders IMO
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

In 2022 Florida Tech will be the first team other than Tampa to win the SSC tournament championship. A stifling defense will propel them deep into the NCAAs.

Check my work in April. 8-)
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

River Donkey wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:28 pm Haha!! I hear you. But lack of talent has never been the issue for them. I’m told they have a bunch of transfers coming in from juco and the portal. Lemoyne beat a very talented Adelphi squad twice last year. Given normal playoff conditions I believe they would have been more of a factor last year.
One of the things about Adelphi however is that they graduated 10 5th year guys many of them 3-5 year starters. Racalbuto, Napalitano, Arciadicano, and Purdie feel like they have been putting up stats forever. They also lose starting goalie Rice and All American Defenseman Galizia.

I feel Adelphi and Mercyhurst are in the same position. You know that they have a ton of talent waiting in the wings, but until then I just think teams have more knowns.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

D2fan wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:16 pm
River Donkey wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:28 pm Haha!! I hear you. But lack of talent has never been the issue for them. I’m told they have a bunch of transfers coming in from juco and the portal. Lemoyne beat a very talented Adelphi squad twice last year. Given normal playoff conditions I believe they would have been more of a factor last year.
One of the things about Adelphi however is that they graduated 10 5th year guys many of them 3-5 year starters. Racalbuto, Napalitano, Arciadicano, and Purdie feel like they have been putting up stats forever. They also lose starting goalie Rice and All American Defenseman Galizia.

I feel Adelphi and Mercyhurst are in the same position. You know that they have a ton of talent waiting in the wings, but until then I just think teams have more knowns.
I guess you definitely question if the talent will come together but talent is there waiting in the wings. They had a backlog on the roster due to Covid and now factor in transfers and juco, talent won’t be an issue.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

No love for Rollins? I agreeing, no OOC games in 2021, makes it hard to gauge where the SSC is on a national stage. Is FIT really your dark horse for 2022? That seems like a big leap based on past performance and SSC rankings.
SouthernLaxGenius

Old&InTheWay wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:56 am No love for Rollins? I agreeing, no OOC games in 2021, makes it hard to gauge where the SSC is on a national stage. Is FIT really your dark horse for 2022? That seems like a big leap based on past performance and SSC rankings.
Rollins (IMO) is a little bit behind Lynn
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Hopefully, Rollins, Lynn and some of the other teams can have strong OOC records.
SouthernLaxGenius

Old&InTheWay wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:06 pm Hopefully, Rollins, Lynn and some of the other teams can have strong OOC records.
I know Coach Lewis and Kingsbury will play anyone.

Tough to get (certain) teams to come down to Florida and play them, even thought the even though they are willing to play home one year and travel the next (or vice versa) 8-)
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Seems strange??? Thoughts on why teams don't want to travel to Florida and escape the cold weather? Is it two costly? you could get 3 solid games. Tampa, St. Leo, FS on west coast or Rollins, FIT, Lynn, PB central and east or do a 2 game swing Friday & Sunday if money an issue. I would think you're almost guaranteed to get games in and probably come away with some wins, based on predications and current rankings.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”