Coaching Carousel

D2 Mens Lacrosse
StuckinD2

Coaching Carousel

Post by StuckinD2 »

I heard today that Bill Dunn is back and was appointed as the New HC of Molloy! No official release yet and still has previous coaches listed on their roster.
River Donkey

Re: Coaching Carousel

Post by River Donkey »

StuckinD2 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:23 pm I heard today that Bill Dunn is back and was appointed as the New HC of Molloy! No official release yet and still has previous coaches listed on their roster.
It is true.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

River Donkey wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 6:24 pm
StuckinD2 wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:23 pm I heard today that Bill Dunn is back and was appointed as the New HC of Molloy! No official release yet and still has previous coaches listed on their roster.
It is true.
Good for coach Dunn (nothing wrong with being an assistant) but glad hes back.

Wonder if any of the Tech guys are still around/have eligibility and would transfer to Molloy :?:
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

I wonder how many schools in d2 will be available for HC positions? I am curious to see if Covid-19 season keeps most jobs safe.
SouthernLaxGenius

Lacrossehead17 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:11 am I wonder how many schools in d2 will be available for HC positions? I am curious to see if Covid-19 season keeps most jobs safe.

Are you talking about coaches leaving to other ventures or administration letting coaches go :?:
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Great for Coach Dunn! it'll fun to watch the program become competitive again. We all know the ECC needs it with its recent losses! I do believe Molloy won a couple NYIT transfers when everything went down, and watching them play this year, they have some talented young players on their rosters that can be coached up!

LacrosseHead, I have to believe that this yr in D2 most jobs will be safe this summer, BUT I believe we may see some guys step away after the year everyone just went through. I've heard rumors of coaches thinking about stepping away or retiring earlier then planned.

It will be interesting to see if there are any D2's that decide to add this summer, or if the pandemic pushed most of those back a year or two.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

StuckinD2 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:32 am Great for Coach Dunn! it'll fun to watch the program become competitive again. We all know the ECC needs it with its recent losses! I do believe Molloy won a couple NYIT transfers when everything went down, and watching them play this year, they have some talented young players on their rosters that can be coached up!

LacrosseHead, I have to believe that this yr in D2 most jobs will be safe this summer, BUT I believe we may see some guys step away after the year everyone just went through. I've heard rumors of coaches thinking about stepping away or retiring earlier then planned.

It will be interesting to see if there are any D2's that decide to add this summer, or if the pandemic pushed most of those back a year or two.
As we talk about all this Coker HC is posted on marketplace! Let the games begin!
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

StuckinD2 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:24 pm
StuckinD2 wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 11:32 am Great for Coach Dunn! it'll fun to watch the program become competitive again. We all know the ECC needs it with its recent losses! I do believe Molloy won a couple NYIT transfers when everything went down, and watching them play this year, they have some talented young players on their rosters that can be coached up!

As we talk about all this Coker HC is posted on marketplace! Let the games begin!
Interesting, Coker isn’t a terrible program. They’re competitive. Definitely has potential. It will be interesting and see what other schools have new job openings.
SouthernLaxGenius

Good luck to Coach Olliver in his future endeavors. Nice guy and I always enjoyed talking to him.

SAC is a tough conference to compete in, let alone win (credit to him for having the boys ready to play week in and week out). Solid job, but Coker may be "stuck" where they are (not Coach Ollivers fault) with Limestone, LR, Queens and Wingate still ahead of them.
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

I think Coach Olliver did a fantastic job given the resources at his disposal. Unless the admin throw more support into athletics though I think you are correct-ceiling is 5th (some years maybe 4th) best team in the SAC. Too much history/resources/recruiting advantages at LR, Wingate, Limestone, and Queens. Think if they make a good hire they will continue to battle with Catawba and Newberry for the top spot in the next tier of the SAC.

Coker has some talented players, but need more depth. Will be interesting to see who applies and eventually gets the job. A current assistant in the SAC or somewhere else? Maybe Kaish or Crompton from LR? I think Price from Mt. Olive would be a very good hire-he is great coach who has done really well at Mt. Olive. Turner at UAH knows the SAC well from his time at Wingate.
reeder477

Post by reeder477 »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:11 pm Good luck to Coach Olliver in his future endeavors. Nice guy and I always enjoyed talking to him.

SAC is a tough conference to compete in, let alone win (credit to him for having the boys ready to play week in and week out). Solid job, but Coker may be "stuck" where they are (not Coach Ollivers fault) with Limestone, LR, Queens and Wingate still ahead of them.
...and Newberry and Catawba
SouthernLaxGenius

reeder477 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 12:54 pm
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 5:11 pm Good luck to Coach Olliver in his future endeavors. Nice guy and I always enjoyed talking to him.

...and Newberry and Catawba
Even though Newberry has gotten the best of the Cobras recently, I do not think the gap (if there is one) between Catawba and Newberry with Coker is the same as the previously 4 teams mentioned.
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

pridelax13 wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:49 am I think Coach Olliver did a fantastic job given the resources at his disposal. Unless the admin throw more support into athletics though I think you are correct-ceiling is 5th (some years maybe 4th) best team in the SAC. Too much history/resources/recruiting advantages at LR, Wingate, Limestone, and Queens. Think if they make a good hire they will continue to battle with Catawba and Newberry for the top spot in the next tier of the SAC.

Coker has some talented players, but need more depth. Will be interesting to see who applies and eventually gets the job. A current assistant in the SAC or somewhere else? Maybe Kaish or Crompton from LR? I think Price from Mt. Olive would be a very good hire-he is great coach who has done really well at Mt. Olive. Turner at UAH knows the SAC well from his time at Wingate.
I feel like Kaish or Crompton would good hires. Price is an associate HC, so maybe he is waiting for Coach Murphy to possibly retire or if he gets a good opportunity somewhere. Crompton would be interesting as he would bring a winning culture toncoker perhaps.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

May be a bit under the radar, but Malone in OH is adding lacrosse and open
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

LacrosseFan33 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:49 pm May be a bit under the radar, but Malone in OH is adding lacrosse and open
I’ve been told that Malone is looking to hire one coach to build and recruit both the men’s and women’s program through year one. The roster size will determine when the next coach would be hired. IMO that sounds like a terrible blue print to build two programs, I can’t see many being interested in doing that, as well as creating an opportunity to be successful for either programs!
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

StuckinD2 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 1:13 pm
LacrosseFan33 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:49 pm May be a bit under the radar, but Malone in OH is adding lacrosse and open
I’ve been told that Malone is looking to hire one coach to build and recruit both the men’s and women’s program through year one. The roster size will determine when the next coach would be hired. IMO that sounds like a terrible blue print to build two programs, I can’t see many being interested in doing that, as well as creating an opportunity to be successful for either programs!
All these schools care about is heads in beds, if a successful program comes out of that, it’s just gravy for them. To expect one guy to recruit for 2 new programs is absurd.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Completely agree, it happens more often than any reasonable person would think. Can't imagine the amount of work it's going to take to bring in 20 or so recruits for each team in one class.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Didn’t Paradine at Lenore Rhyne start both programs?
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:12 pm Didn’t Paradine at Lenore Rhyne start both programs?
You’re are correct, remembered that after I posted. Still a difficult task.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

River Donkey wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:24 pm
LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 2:12 pm Didn’t Paradine at Lenore Rhyne start both programs?
You’re are correct, remembered that after I posted. Still a difficult task.
LR and Malone are on very different ends of the spectrum. Not saying it’s easy to do that, but to have one person recruit to a Christian conservative college like Malone in my opinion is a much harder task then recruiting to LR.. I’m sure it can be done I believe it’s a disservice to those athletes and the second coach who comes in and is handed a group of athletes or players that had no hand in building from someone who may have little to no experience in that sport. I hope someone like Paradine gets that job for the sake of those programs.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”