Division II Tournament Bracket 2021

D2 Mens Lacrosse
SouthernLaxGenius

Division II Tournament Bracket 2021

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

https://www.ncaa.com/brackets/lacrosse-men/d2/2021

Figured Id start another thread focusing on the actual bracket itself.

Any early thoughts?

I think we see Lemoyne and Hurst (avenge a loss to Mercy) in the final 4 along with LR and Wingate (Part III).

Championship game Hurst vs. LR...LR are your Division II National Champs
Matnum PI

Re: Division II Tournament Bracket 2021

Post by Matnum PI »

D2 MEN: National Championships

These are the Best Upcoming Games (below).

https://fanlax.com/2021/05/09/d2-men-na ... pionships/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

If this had been a full 12-team bracket, who would have been the two 6 seed teams?
SouthernLaxGenius

leeatu wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:18 pm If this had been a full 12-team bracket, who would have been the two 6 seed teams?
For this year?

North = the 6th team in and not necessarily the 6 seed probably would be Adelphi

South = the 6th team in and not necessarily the 6 seed probably would be Belmont Abbey
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Sunday's games (that we already know who is playing whom) should be pretty good:
Mercy vs. Mercyhurst
Wingate vs. UIndy
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

the tampa vs UMO game is going to be a good one, it will be a defensive battle possibly,low scoring
SouthernLaxGenius

Lacrossehead17 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:41 am the tampa vs UMO game is going to be a good one, it will be a defensive battle possibly,low scoring
Agreed.

I think Tampa wins because of the combination of Dickerson winning draws and French/Wood capitalizing on the extra possessions.

Alvarello keeps it close but:

Tampa 11
Mount Olive 7
Laxfan00

Post by Laxfan00 »

Anyone think that Tampa has a chance to knock off LR on Sunday? Tough turn around in just 2 days but the last time those two teams played it was a great game. Even though it was 2 years ago, rosters are still very similar.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Laxfan00 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 am Anyone think that Tampa has a chance to knock off LR on Sunday? Tough turn around in just 2 days but the last time those two teams played it was a great game. Even though it was 2 years ago, rosters are still very similar.
They have a chance especially since the Bears have not played against real competition for a few weeks. But Tampa has not played ANYONE close to their caliber, so it would definitely be a bit upset.
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:49 am
Laxfan00 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:15 am Anyone think that Tampa has a chance to knock off LR on Sunday? Tough turn around in just 2 days but the last time those two teams played it was a great game. Even though it was 2 years ago, rosters are still very similar.
They have a chance especially since the Bears have not played against real competition for a few weeks. But Tampa has not played ANYONE close to their caliber, so it would definitely be a bit upset.
I watched the Tampa/Lynn game last week (the only Tampa game I've seen in 2021), and I've watch most of Mercyhurst's schedule this year, I just don't think this is Tampa's year. I'm not sure it would be that interesting of a game if Tampa played LeMoyne, Seton Hill, or Mercyhurst on Championship weekend. No?
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

ToastDunk wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:04 pm
I watched the Tampa/Lynn game last week (the only Tampa game I've seen in 2021), and I've watch most of Mercyhurst's schedule this year, I just don't think this is Tampa's year. I'm not sure it would be that interesting of a game if Tampa played LeMoyne, Seton Hill, or Mercyhurst on Championship weekend. No?
For Tampa to get to the 'chip game, they most likely are beating both LR and Wingate. IF they can do that, I think they would give anyone else a good game...
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

RedFromMI wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:39 pm
ToastDunk wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:04 pm
For Tampa to get to the 'chip game, they most likely are beating both LR and Wingate. IF they can do that, I think they would give anyone else a good game...
True. Big IF, but true.
LunchBox

Post by LunchBox »

In the South Regional, it may all start and end with the faceoff ...

Tampa 65.6%
Lenoir-Rhyne 60.8%
Wingate 57.7%
Mount Olive 53.5%
UIndy 46.5%

Lenoir-Rhyne playing at home is a plus and Tampa has to travel and play on a short turnaround. I think nod is to LR as the Coaches poll suggests. If Tampa does defeat LR, Tampa should win the South as they are more dominant at FOGO over an expected game with Wingate.

In the North Regional:

Mercyhurst 76.6%
Mercy 73.9%
LeMoyne 65.6%
St. Anshelm 65.3%
Seton Hill 64.6%

Perhaps all close games and I think I see Mercyhurst coming through. Is Lemoyne nicked up with some injuries as they had some hard fought games with Aldelphi this spring?
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

Tough with such a small tourney and a tough year for all. Hopefully these teams can stay healthy and finish strong!!
tampalax

Post by tampalax »

does anyone know if the NCAA has but limits on the roster counts for the tournament
bmorelax

Post by bmorelax »

I saw this a couple of years ago and I assume its still in place

28 - Travel squad (list of players that are eligible to play)
6 - additional travel party
14 - additional (2 of which are medical) That can be in bench area

48 - Total travel party and allowed in bench area

I think 48 is what the NCAA pays for (Travel, hotel, meals etc)

I'm not sure if anymore are allowed in bench area by coach agreement or not
Laxfan00

Post by Laxfan00 »

https://www.change.org/p/lacrosse-commu ... 853eee53d9

Petition to allow more athletes to travel with their teams for playoffs. Sad that some who work just as hard as everyone else aren’t allowed to travel. Especially with the new CDC guidelines and many being vaccinated, it’s absurd that they allow so few people.
SouthernLaxGenius

Laxfan00 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:28 pm https://www.change.org/p/lacrosse-commu ... 853eee53d9

Petition to allow more athletes to travel with their teams for playoffs. Sad that some who work just as hard as everyone else aren’t allowed to travel. Especially with the new CDC guidelines and many being vaccinated, it’s absurd that they allow so few people.
Sadly it's been like this years (pandemic or not) and doesn't seem to be changing in the near future.

A petition like this can only help, IMO, to move the needle the other way with a call to expand rosters. Very close to the 5k number it is looking for
SouthernLaxGenius

Today's games

(Predictions)

Tampa 11
Mount Olive 7

Seton Hill 15
St. Anselm 8
Laxfan00

Post by Laxfan00 »

Heard Mercy is having a slight Covid outbreak... not sure how many guys or who but could be bad

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”