Matnum PI

Anderson

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Lacrossehead17

Re: Anderson

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

I can see them winning 3-4 games this year and with the SAC being a top conference for division 2 lacrosse it will be hard for the first-year team to win but who knows they might win a game or two in that conference.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Lacrossehead17 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:01 am I can see them winning 3-4 games this year and with the SAC being a top conference for division 2 lacrosse it will be hard for the first-year team to win but who knows they might win a game or two in that conference.
That is perhaps a bit optimistic. But it would be great if they can get there for a first year team.
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

RedFromMI wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:30 am
Lacrossehead17 wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:01 am I can see them winning 3-4 games this year and with the SAC being a top conference for division 2 lacrosse it will be hard for the first-year team to win but who knows they might win a game or two in that conference.
That is perhaps a bit optimistic. But it would be great if they can get there for a first year team.
yeah you're right I can see them probably beating shorter and maybe Emmanuel college. The SAC won't be too kind to them
par4tiger

Post by par4tiger »

Well they are off to a 2-0 start already having beat Montavello and Alabama Huntsville.
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

par4tiger wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:59 pm Well they are off to a 2-0 start already having beat Montavello and Alabama Huntsville.
I will give them credit and UAH and Montevallo look pretty weak.. But still give them credit it’s hard for new programs to get wins right away
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Lacrossehead17 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:18 pm
par4tiger wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:59 pm Well they are off to a 2-0 start already having beat Montavello and Alabama Huntsville.
I will give them credit and UAH and Montevallo look pretty weak.. But still give them credit it’s hard for new programs to get wins right away
That’s just an inaccurate statement to say Montevallo looks pretty week. They may have played poorly against Anderson, but they just came off a 13-9 win against NGU who looked very competitive against Limestone last night while NGU was down several players in that game. We should be excited for a first year program like Anderson to come out and be successful right away. It’s better for the game, and is better for D2 as a whole!
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

StuckinD2 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 3:02 pm
Lacrossehead17 wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 12:18 pm
That’s just an inaccurate statement to say Montevallo looks pretty week. They may have played poorly against Anderson, but they just came off a 13-9 win against NGU who looked very competitive against Limestone last night while NGU was down several players in that game. We should be excited for a first year program like Anderson to come out and be successful right away. It’s better for the game, and is better for D2 as a whole!
You didn't look at todays score before posting that did you
par4tiger

Post by par4tiger »

They are 3-1 having beat Lincoln Memorial last night 15-4
reeder477

Post by reeder477 »

they are certainly off to a stronger than expected start but after a likely win next game versus MH they may not win any of their next 8 games - start playing tougher opponents
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

Anderson beat a LMU team that is basically starting from scratch again and only have 20 people on the roster. Not to take anything away from Anderson they have a very hard schedule ahead of them now.
CarolinaLax Dad

Post by CarolinaLax Dad »

When they are winning face offs and pushing transition they can score in chunks. I think it's great for a first year program. I think they could win 3 more games. I was at the Barton game (all transparency my kid plays for Barton) and the game went to the wire and I really thought Anderson was going to run away with it a couple of times. I think it's great for D2 lacrosse to have newer programs have success early. I think Lander has a solid team and will have more success this year.
par4tiger

Post by par4tiger »

LMU may be starting from scratch but so is Anderson who also doesn't have much more than 20 players, most of whom are freshmen. It definitely gets tougher from here...
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

par4tiger wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:34 pm LMU may be starting from scratch but so is Anderson who also doesn't have much more than 20 players, most of whom are freshmen. It definitely gets tougher from here...
Anderson has 27 kids on the roster and LMU I believe only got an HC in September. I wasn't to take anything away from Anderson I hope young programs have success!

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”