Future Programs

D2 Mens Lacrosse
leeatu

Re: Future Programs

Post by leeatu »

D2fan wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:06 pm
leeatu wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:07 pm
LaxCoach13 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:52 pm
LacrosseFan33 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:03 am Looks like Thomas More University in KY is planning on leaving the NAIA to join the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. Plan is for 22-23

Starting men's lacrosse for the 2022-2023 year.

https://more.thomasmore.edu/?p=9954
Didn't they just move from NCAA DIII to NAIA, now they want to move to the NCAA DII? wonder why just didn't do that to begin with?
Good question. Everyone in D2 believed they were headed to the GMAC when they left D3. Despite the path taken by TMU, this is good for the GMAC as this will bring them up to 4 full members with men's lax including the new team at Malone.
I wonder if Mercyhurst and Seton Hill will look to jump conferences. The GMAC currently hurts both of their SOSs. The additions of Malone and TMU will hurt them even more because they will probably have to drop competitive out of conference games to add the 2 new teams.

Do they make a run at the ECC?
I see the Mountain East starting men's lax. They already have 4 teams and (steal) bring in Mercyhurst and Seton Hill as affiliates to get to 6 to start with. Then the GMAC will need to work to get their own members to start a team, maybe start with the non-football schools.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

leeatu wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:34 pm I see the Mountain East starting men's lax. They already have 4 teams and (steal) bring in Mercyhurst and Seton Hill as affiliates to get to 6 to start with. Then the GMAC will need to work to get their own members to start a team, maybe start with the non-football schools.
As I said, Mercyhurst and Seton Hill would have to want to continue competing in the worse conference in D2 lacrosse. It only hurts their NCAA chances.

I can see both of them jumping to another conference whether it be the ECC or CACC in the next couple years before having to play Malone or TMU. Heck, I think being independents is a better move for them than having to continue pummeling the other GMAC teams.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Where do you see the MEC is adding men’s lacrosse as a sponsored championship sport?

I think you guys make great points about the GMAC. Traveling that distance to a lesser program like TMU and Malone hurts both Seton Hill and Hurst. But I think geographically if the MEC did add Seton hill is within the geographical footprint of the MEC. If both join the MEC I believe it creates the original GMAC with Hurst Seton Hill and Frostburg State like the old LEC..

I think the ECC and CACC are too far away to make sense.
Do these Adds create a need for a new northern realignment of conferences?!
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

D2fan wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:15 pm
leeatu wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 2:34 pm I see the Mountain East starting men's lax. They already have 4 teams and (steal) bring in Mercyhurst and Seton Hill as affiliates to get to 6 to start with. Then the GMAC will need to work to get their own members to start a team, maybe start with the non-football schools.
As I said, Mercyhurst and Seton Hill would have to want to continue competing in the worse conference in D2 lacrosse. It only hurts their NCAA chances.

I can see both of them jumping to another conference whether it be the ECC or CACC in the next couple years before having to play Malone or TMU. Heck, I think being independents is a better move for them than having to continue pummeling the other GMAC teams.
If the MEC added men's lax and brings the PA schools with them then Mercyhurst and Seton Hill would no longer be in a conference with Malone and Thomas More. I don't know enough to say a new MEC with Mercyhurst, Seton Hill, Alderson Broaddus, Davis & Elkins College, Frostburg State, and Wheeling would be better than the GMAC with the future additions.
StuckinD2 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 9:20 pm Where do you see the MEC is adding men’s lacrosse as a sponsored championship sport?

I think you guys make great points about the GMAC. Traveling that distance to a lesser program like TMU and Malone hurts both Seton Hill and Hurst. But I think geographically if the MEC did add Seton hill is within the geographical footprint of the MEC. If both join the MEC I believe it creates the original GMAC with Hurst Seton Hill and Frostburg State like the old LEC..

I think the ECC and CACC are too far away to make sense.
Do these Adds create a need for a new northern realignment of conferences?!
It was just speculation on my part that the MEC might soon have the opportunity to add men's lax.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”