Future Programs

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Lacrossehead17

Re: Future Programs

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

pridelax13 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:45 pm
StuckinD2 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:39 pm
pridelax13 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:58 am Haven't heard anything about Converse adding Mlax, but USC-Aiken is exploring it. I've heard Nova Southeastern in Florida is as well.

Has anyone heard any updates on these programs, or if any others are looking to Add this summer? While a lot of uncertainty it could be an interesting year for schools to add.
Nothing new on USC-Aiken-just the same rumblings as before. Heard Nova Southeastern has pushed the decision back a year or so for now. Another one to keep an eye on is USC-Beaufort. They are NAIA now, but are exploring going to NCAA D2. Haven't heard if they would like to add lacrosse, but would make sense if they do go to D2.
Geez southern lacrosse keeps on growing :shock: I wish for more division 2 programs outwest and maybe a few more in the midwest!
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Considering sport growth in different parts of the country, this is a cool mapping tool from he NCAA:

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/re ... er-schools
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
Lacrossehead17

Post by Lacrossehead17 »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:30 pm Considering sport growth in different parts of the country, this is a cool mapping tool from he NCAA:

https://www.ncaa.org/about/resources/re ... er-schools
wow very interesting to see hopefully grows more west.

found it interesting that around 23-24% of division 2 schools offer men's lacrosse.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

pridelax13 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:58 am Haven't heard anything about Converse adding Mlax, but USC-Aiken is exploring it. I've heard Nova Southeastern in Florida is as well.

Has anyone heard any updates on these programs, or if any others are looking to Add this summer? While a lot of uncertainty it could be an interesting year for schools to add.
Nothing new on USC-Aiken-just the same rumblings as before. Heard Nova Southeastern has pushed the decision back a year or so for now. Another one to keep an eye on is USC-Beaufort. They are NAIA now, but are exploring going to NCAA D2. Haven't heard if they would like to add lacrosse, but would make sense if they do go to D2.
I'd like to see USC-Beaufort in the Peach Belt but they have a very long way to go before making a move to D2. They don't have basketball.
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

leeatu wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:59 pm

I'd like to see USC-Beaufort in the Peach Belt but they have a very long way to go before making a move to D2. They don't have basketball.

They would be a GREAT fit for the Peach Belt. I think if they make the jump the school would need to add Men's and Women's basketball, and it would be smart for them to add Men's and Women's lacrosse as well. Again this is all preliminary stuff that the school is exploring. Nothing expected to happen for at least 1-2 years.

Would not be a hard place to recruit to if they became D2-really nice campus, palm trees everywhere, and 20 minutes from the beach at Hilton Head Island.
McLax

Post by McLax »

Peach Belt Lacrosse is made up of PBC and Gulf South Conference Schools.

Lee University in TN, just north of Chattanooga, is a GSC school that has had women’s lax for a couple of years now, the women play in GSC. Have not heard anything about a men’s program but it would make some sense now that the conference is in place.
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

Here's a funny turn of events. USC-Beaufort has been accepted by the Peach Belt. But. USCB does not currently comply with NCAA policy. They must add a men's team sport before Feb 1, 2022.

https://peachbeltconference.org/news/20 ... ember.aspx
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

leeatu wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:49 pm Here's a funny turn of events. USC-Beaufort has been accepted by the Peach Belt. But. USCB does not currently comply with NCAA policy. They must add a men's team sport before Feb 1, 2022.

How ironic! I would assume they would add Men's Soccer to fulfill their two team sports requirement before adding anything else, but definitely a step in the right direction! I plus side, would also guess that since the peach belt just sponsored Men's Lacrosse, they might require schools to added it in order to be accepted into the conference, I have heard other D2 conferences require that. Fingers Crossed!
d2laxfan

Post by d2laxfan »

USC-Beaufort does not have men's or women's basketball and almost certainly will add those sports first (or else be the only school in D2 without basketball teams).
d2laxfan

Post by d2laxfan »

StuckinD2 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 am
leeatu wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:49 pm Here's a funny turn of events. USC-Beaufort has been accepted by the Peach Belt. But. USCB does not currently comply with NCAA policy. They must add a men's team sport before Feb 1, 2022.

How ironic! I would assume they would add Men's Soccer to fulfill their two team sports requirement before adding anything else, but definitely a step in the right direction! I plus side, would also guess that since the peach belt just sponsored Men's Lacrosse, they might require schools to added it in order to be accepted into the conference, I have heard other D2 conferences require that. Fingers Crossed!
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

StuckinD2 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:02 am

Here’s a news bit that was released yesterday

https://youtu.be/7Vk1EL5IEIY

Looks like Laxfan was right they will be adding basketball.
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

USC-Beaufort is officially joining NCAA D2 in fall of 2022. They will join the Peach Belt conference and are adding Men's and Women's Basketball starting in 2022.

Rumors still of them adding men's and women's lacrosse in the near future.
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

Rumors are that USC-Beaufort will explore adding men's and women's lacrosse in 3-5 years. First they need to pay to upgrade their current facilities for soccer, build a new arena for basketball, and upgrade the weight room and training rooms. After those are completed they will look into the potential additions but a lot of folks connected to the school think its a real possibility.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Once those renovations and upgrades are done I could see USCB becoming a competitive program quickly. I’m sure it’ll draw a competitive pool of coaches looking to build there. I wonder if Nova or Aiken are still considering, those were schools people had brought up earlier in the year as schools looking to add!
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

You mention a pool of coaches, and it reminds me of the swimming pool I’m about to build … right after we pay to replace the driveway, build that patio we’ve always wanted and then remodel the master bath and bedroom.

Sounds like USC - Beaufort might be a long way from adding lacrosse.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

Looks like Thomas More University in KY is planning on leaving the NAIA to join the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. Plan is for 22-23

Starting men's lacrosse for the 2022-2023 year.

https://more.thomasmore.edu/?p=9954
LaxCoach13

Post by LaxCoach13 »

LacrosseFan33 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:03 am Looks like Thomas More University in KY is planning on leaving the NAIA to join the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. Plan is for 22-23

Didn't they just move from NCAA DIII to NAIA, now they want to move to the NCAA DII? wonder why just didn't do that to begin with?
leeatu

Post by leeatu »

LaxCoach13 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:52 pm
LacrosseFan33 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:03 am Looks like Thomas More University in KY is planning on leaving the NAIA to join the Great Midwest Athletic Conference. Plan is for 22-23

Didn't they just move from NCAA DIII to NAIA, now they want to move to the NCAA DII? wonder why just didn't do that to begin with?
Good question. Everyone in D2 believed they were headed to the GMAC when they left D3. Despite the path taken by TMU, this is good for the GMAC as this will bring them up to 4 full members with men's lax including the new team at Malone.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

leeatu wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 1:07 pm
LaxCoach13 wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 12:52 pm

Good question. Everyone in D2 believed they were headed to the GMAC when they left D3. Despite the path taken by TMU, this is good for the GMAC as this will bring them up to 4 full members with men's lax including the new team at Malone.
I wonder if Mercyhurst and Seton Hill will look to jump conferences. The GMAC currently hurts both of their SOSs. The additions of Malone and TMU will hurt them even more because they will probably have to drop competitive out of conference games to add the 2 new teams.

Do they make a run at the ECC?
midwestlaxdad

Post by midwestlaxdad »

Any word on who is getting the Malone gig? Seems weird that they have not made a hire...

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”