D2 Mens Lacrosse
Tumbleweedlax

Re: UTampa

Post by Tumbleweedlax »

🍻
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

I’m no twelve year old. Tampa going 10-0 won’t be enough to get me tipsy or lose sight of the fact that they have the weakest schedule of any ranked team in Division II. Let’s see if they can win twelve!
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

WhiteCarrera wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:37 pm I’m no twelve year old. Tampa going 10-0 won’t be enough to get me tipsy or lose sight of the fact that they have the weakest schedule of any ranked team in Division II. Let’s see if they can win twelve!
Just an observation - my KRACH initial rankings put 4-0 Tampa at #14, with 6-3 Stone at #18. #47 in schedule difficulty as measured there.

They are #13 in Fanlax's rankings (and that Stone team is at #18 as well).

When regional rankings come out it will be interesting to see where they end up...
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Red - I agree, it’s going to get interesting. These conference-only schedules make it tricky and remind me of the SEC in football — their credibility comes on reputation and before you know it, mid-pack teams are in a January 1 bowl game.

Tampa will end up 10-0, ranked top 3 on reputation alone without a data-based ranking like yours to back it up (though they might actually be that good). On the other end, the GLVC could have four teams, all with a loss or two, in the top 15, again based mostly on reputation. Over the last four years, I think Tampa is only .500 against the GLVC, so I don’t know where this all goes, but any way it sorts out, the lack of crossover games is going to leave leave some things up to reputation.
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

Tampa has some issues when they don't win 80% of their faceoffs.

The Wingate/LR game was played at a higher speed and both those teams looked significantly better.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

D2fan wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:58 pm Tampa has some issues when they don't win 80% of their faceoffs.

The Wingate/LR game was played at a higher speed and both those teams looked significantly better.
16-11 Wingate with something like 3:05 left. At about a minute left - 16-15, and LR had a chance at home to take it to OT...
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

D2fan wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:58 pm Tampa has some issues when they don't win 80% of their faceoffs.

I’ll admit I am surprised by the score of the Rollins game tonight, did not see the game. Perhaps a case of a long time coaching rival knowing his adversary very well and coming up with an effective game plan.

Tampa just has so many weapons on offense, and paired up with Dickerson I can’t see anyone beating them. Ben French scored 85 goals at UVM, he might be the best offensive player in D2 - and he’s the cherry on top of an already talented A/M group.

This is Tampa’s year. I’ll be stunned if they lose a game.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Tampa still won 65% of face-offs, but this is a surprising score.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again — for every dominant FOGO, there’s a better athlete pole who can dominate that FOGO. It’ll be interesting to see who has that pole this year. Lindenwood was the last team to exploit Dickerson that way, but this is a different year.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

JBFortunato wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:27 pm

I’ll admit I am surprised by the score of the Rollins game tonight, did not see the game. Perhaps a case of a long time coaching rival knowing his adversary very well and coming up with an effective game plan.

Tampa just has so many weapons on offense, and paired up with Dickerson I can’t see anyone beating them. Ben French scored 85 goals at UVM, he might be the best offensive player in D2 - and he’s the cherry on top of an already talented A/M group.

This is Tampa’s year. I’ll be stunned if they lose a game.
I would be stunned if they lose a conference game, but would not at all be surprised by a loss somewhere in the NCAA tourney. Too untested with the lack of competition within the SSC can bite you...
Tumbleweedlax

Post by Tumbleweedlax »

Should be a 🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻 6 pack after tomorrow WC
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

As I’ve said several times, I don’t think anyone is disagreeing with you for the next four or five weeks. It seems like a few others though might share my opinions about Memorial Day. Until then cheers. Drink up and I’ll join you.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Tumbleweedlax:
“Absolute domination. Talent is ubsurd. Offense will put up silly record numbers, defense will hold teams to a ridiculous loe [sic] average.”

7-6?
ToastDunk

Post by ToastDunk »

This would have been a nice year to catch the Tampa/Hurst rivalry. Maybe there’s still a chance?

Hurst is playing as such a solid unit this season, would love to see nothing but top 20 games, unfortunately conference play ain’t gonna bring that.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Hey Tumbleweed, what’s up with your boys? if they only play one game every three weeks, I’m going to get kind of thirsty over here!
Pitt12

Post by Pitt12 »

Tumbleweedlax wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:36 pm Should be a 🍺🍻🍺🍻🍺🍻 6 pack after tomorrow WC
Tumbleweed?????????? Ha ha. Love it. Tampa the greatest team ever to win nothing!!
tampalax

Post by tampalax »

16-15 OT another great game resulting in a loss, I could have watched a replay of the 2019 Limestone game
it was identical to todays. They move fast, precision passing, opening up great shot opportunities, resulting in a nice but certainly not safe first half lead
then coach molasses, does the same thing over and over. He take the speed and precision away from his team and expects them to score with 20 seconds left on the shot clock
If you're going to be a great team and beat a great team (and LR is a great team) you play your skill set for all 4 qtrs
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Tampalax - that’s a pretty good take. I’ve seen Tampa play live three times in the last few years, and two of those were losses to Lindenwood that pretty much fit that description.
tampalax

Post by tampalax »

believe me those young men would rather live and die by the sword than die by the butter knife
what good does recruiting such talent do if you're not going to turn them loose in big games
cowboylax

Post by cowboylax »

DBDB5B62-BC2C-4956-BBEE-925C80BC429B.jpeg
DBDB5B62-BC2C-4956-BBEE-925C80BC429B.jpeg (183.18 KiB) Viewed 3613 times
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Great ending to this game.

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”