UTampa

D2 Mens Lacrosse
Fandadof3laxers

Re: UTampa

Post by Fandadof3laxers »

What is everyone thinking about the rematch with FIT on Wednesday?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

I think Florida Tech is not a great team but gave Tampa a game last time. If I were a betting man, I'd say they don't give them as close a game this time...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Fandadof3laxers

And if FIT wins, where do they go in the ranking? They have the 6th SOS.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Is this game at FIT or a local High School? Rumors had it that FIT field is unplayable? Is that true?
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

At this point, Tampa should finish the season undefeated... they are rolling right now and would love to see how they perform in the tourney which has been their Achilles heel in the past
Laxfan00

Post by Laxfan00 »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:40 pm At this point, Tampa should finish the season undefeated... they are rolling right now and would love to see how they perform in the tourney which has been their Achilles heel in the past
Getting the one seed would be huge for them. Also a good chance they end up playing an SSC team if you’re looking at the current projected seeding. Time will tell.
Fandadof3laxers

After an hour rain delay, they had Another back and forth battle, highlighted by tremendous G play on both sides. A few more mistakes made on the FIT side was the difference; turnovers and penalties. These guys may play a third time, never know.
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

My mistake on the field location. I guess it got mixed up with the women's team having to play at a local high school because FIT doesn't have lights on their field, sorry about that! I was able to watch the game on the FIT website. Tight game all the way until the last 6 minutes. IMO, it looked like FIT got a little unraveled after their goalie had to go off for a penalty and the new goalie failed in the clearing game. Not sure if FIT had a TO but that might have been a good time to use one. It also looked like the FIT sideline (coaches) where not communicating well amongst themselves. This team has a lot of talent on the field and the new coach was given a gift. Hopefully, they can build from this game. It should be a heck of an SSC playoff.Go Rollins !
tampalax

Post by tampalax »

SOS as of today, as published by Lacrossenumber.com
1 Lem
2 fit
3 tampa
4 st anslem
5 lr
6 linden
7 lime
tampalax

Post by tampalax »

might as well finish out the top 10
8 snhu
9 ba
10 fsc

really surprised sos for Adelphi was #41, doesn't matter they'll get a bid
and its laxnumbers.com. I have it on favorites, my goof
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

tampalax wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:44 pm might as well finish out the top 10
8 snhu
9 ba
10 fsc

really surprised sos for Adelphi was #41, doesn't matter they'll get a bid
and its laxnumbers.com. I have it on favorites, my goof
After beating Pace on Wednesday, their SOS using that formula went to #24. And as long as Adelphi wins all but 1-3 games this season (currently undefeated of course) they will get a bid. SOS is only part of the calculation for the bids.
tampalax

Post by tampalax »

does anyone know if Jack Wood has transferred to another school ?
If not, will he be allowed to try out this spring

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”