Coaching Carousal

D2 Mens Lacrosse
jakester

Re: Coaching Carousal

Post by jakester »

NCLax14 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:17 pm
Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 7:58 am
Doxology wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:45 pm Hearing Catawba is about to be filled and Mt. Olive to be open.
Welcome home Murph!!! Never had a losing record at UMO and always up to play anyone, anytime, anywhere. One of the best hires, IMO, this cycle, at any level if true.
Good for Murph. Solid dude and will have Catawba competitive again quickly. Good move for all involved

Nothing official yet, but I did see this - https://www.catawbaathletics.com/sports ... ches/index
Bob Lawblaw

Post by Bob Lawblaw »

I'm happy that Catawba updated their athletic website. Hated their old one.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

Bob Lawblaw wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:26 am I'm happy that Catawba updated their athletic website. Hated their old one.
Having a content managing system intended for athletics (PrestoSports for the new Catawba site) is essential these days over a home grown CMS. Also note the updated logos that drop the feathers…
eclax42

Post by eclax42 »

Bob Lawblaw wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:26 am I'm happy that Catawba updated their athletic website. Hated their old one.
New AD is a rockstar and is making excellent changes to their department. Website, coaching hires, and little things in the department will make a huge difference. Hiring Murph is a huge step forward for them lacrosse wise.
Leonard Washington

Post by Leonard Washington »

eclax42 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:06 pm
New AD is a rockstar and is making excellent changes to their department. Website, coaching hires, and little things in the department will make a huge difference. Hiring Murph is a huge step forward for them lacrosse wise.
+1
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
lilax

Post by lilax »

Mercy has removed taken down their head coach posting.

Should mean they finishing the hiring process.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

lilax wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:09 pm Mercy has removed taken down their head coach posting.

Should mean they finishing the hiring process.
Has anyone heard who they’re looking at? I heard an alumni of the program but I can’t see them going with someone with minimal experience.
Leonard Washington

eclax42 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:42 pm Has to be either Schwartz or Price coming back. Only two names that would really come to mind.
William Peace is posted, so it seems like Coach Price is making his way back to UMO
First of all, ya better check your tone. I dont think you know who you're talking to. I'm Leonard Washington...I don't get butt naked for nobody!!
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Leonard Washington wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:35 am
eclax42 wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 5:42 pm Has to be either Schwartz or Price coming back. Only two names that would really come to mind.
William Peace is posted, so it seems like Coach Price is making his way back to UMO
Confirmed
eclax42

Post by eclax42 »

River Donkey wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 7:09 am
Leonard Washington wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 5:35 am
Confirmed
That's an excellent hire for UMO in my opinion. Familiar with the department and that small town, already has great connection to the alums as well and is a heck of a coach. He will do very well there
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

WHat's going on at FIT? Looks like they have an AC opening. Any info? Go Rollins!
Leonard Washington

Anyone know what's going on at Mesa? I believe the head coaching job was reposted
BoringLaxDad

Post by BoringLaxDad »

New program at Virginia State has their man…Shaun Church from Monroe CC.
Leonard Washington

BoringLaxDad wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 12:54 pm New program at Virginia State has their man…Shaun Church from Monroe CC.
https://govsutrojans.com/news/2022/8/29 ... ation.aspx

Hope they are starting in the spring of 2025 to give him some time
jakester

Post by jakester »

Old&InTheWay wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:21 am WHat's going on at FIT? Looks like they have an AC opening. Any info? Go Rollins!
Chris Hawley from Marquette University is hired by MacArthur as AC - https://floridatechsports.com/news/2022 ... coach.aspx
Old&InTheWay

Post by Old&InTheWay »

Seems like a good pick up this late in the year. Curious as to why someone is still available but best of luck. SSC rankings for 2022-2023
1. Tampa
2. Rollins
3. Fla. Southern
4. Lynn
4. FIT
6. ERU
7. St.Leo
8 PBA

Go Rollins!
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

Laxguy22

Post by Laxguy22 »

Leonard Washington wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:54 am Anyone know what's going on at Mesa? I believe the head coaching job was reposted
Not sure it was "Reposted" it seemed like it took them a while to post and in the posting it says "Application Deadline: To ensure full consideration, complete applications must be received by 9/18/2022." Not sure we will hear anything until at least some time after that. Not sure if this is the best thing for the program considering they are in classes, fall ball & recruiting? Why so long?
Leonard Washington

It may be semantics but, the orginal posting, if I'm not mistaken, was right after Smith resigned during the 2nd week in July.

It looked as though they had some candidates and may have had some movement about who is/was taking over. Almost 2 months later, that doesn't seem like the case. It is a good thing Coach Moyer is there. Why not give him the interim tag for a year and see what happens?
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Anyone else hearing there will be a new coach down in Boca Raton?

Return to “D2 MENS LACROSSE”