CAA 2024

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Colonial Athletic Association 2023

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ok. Hint of arrogance here off a run that Del has had before and then fell back and reloaded fir 5-8yrs in between and/or lack of respect form SBU but we will see.

15 ahead of Paolenetti is a joke of a comment. Crapping in Drexel’s schedule. You mad because the New a10 just jumped ahead of your conference?

Logan Lilberg was wildly ineffective helping SHU win anything for years and he’s a top ten PPG last year In your conference. Meanwhile Paolenetti had 104pts in 28, basically 4ppg over two seasons games last two years and has a guy who can nail skip passes and shoot? I couldn’t care less but absurd comment. Provincial and front runner attitude.

https://stonybrookathletics.com/news/20 ... -list.aspx

To be ranked, a player must appear in at least 75.0% of their team's games.
GOALS PER GAME GP No. Avg/G
1. Jack McKenna-FFD 14 43 3.07
2. Kurtz, Tye-DELAWARE 17 52 3.06
3. Robinson, Mike-DELAWARE 19 53 2.79
4. Taylor Strough-FFD 14 39 2.79
5. Semple,Max-DREXEL 13 34 2.62
6. DeMaio, Nick-TOWSON 16 36 2.25
Tobin, Kevin-UMASS 12 27 2.25
8. Ward, JP-DELAWARE 19 40 2.11
9. McIntosh, Dylan-HOFSTRA 12 25 2.08
10. Genord,Ryan-DREXEL 13 27 2.08

ASSISTS PER GAME GP No. Avg/G
1. Mulcahy,Jack-DREXEL 14 25 1.79
2. Tobin, Kevin-UMASS 12 21 1.75
3. Bieda, Mark-DELAWARE 19 33 1.74
4. Ward, JP-DELAWARE 19 32 1.68
5. Avanzato, James-TOWSON 16 25 1.56
6. Liljeberg, Logan-UMASS 14 21 1.50
7. Donnelly,Sean-DREXEL 14 20 1.43
Kyle Borda-FFD 14 20 1.43
9. Max Paparozzi-FFD 14 19 1.36
Shilling, Luke-TOWSON 14 19 1.36

POINTS PER GAME GP Goals Assists Points Avg/G
1. Tobin, Kevin-UMASS 12 27 21 48 4.00
2. Kurtz, Tye-DELAWARE 17 52 15 67 3.94
3. Ward, JP-DELAWARE 19 40 32 72 3.79
4. Robinson, Mike-DELAWARE 19 53 15 68 3.58
5. Avanzato, James-TOWSON 16 31 25 56 3.50
Taylor Strough-FFD 14 39 10 49 3.50
7. Jack McKenna-FFD 14 43 3 46 3.29
8. Genord,Ryan-DREXEL 13 27 14 41 3.15
9. Liljeberg, Logan-UMASS 14 23 21 44 3.14
Mulcahy,Jack-DREXEL 14 19 25 44 3.14
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

I mostly don’t understand anything you write. Your posts are usually stream-of-consciousness ramblings that ignore grammar, spelling and basic sentence structure.

I’m far from arrogant. I think Stony Brook is going to be a challenger in the CAA. And I’m not saying Pallonetti isn’t a top 15 attackman in the CAA. I’m saying that there are ZERO CAA attackman that fall in the top 9 in Division 1.

If you want names I can provide them. But only 9 get to be 1st, 2nd or 3rd team all Americans. Pallonetti, Robinson, Ward, Donnelly etc can make the HM all American list, but it would be nearly impossible to break through top 9. That is all I was saying. Nothing arrogant about that. Just stating facts. You said that Behlen and Pallonetti would be above HM All American. I contend that this is highly unlikely.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Michael Robinson made All American last year because he made
some outstanding plays in nationally televised games - the
game against Hopkins and the upset of Georgetown, that
astounding behind the back goal.

Reid Bowering made All American the prior year because by year
end, he was set as the number two draft pick in the NLL, and in
the Notre Dame game, he might have been the best player on
the field and could have scored 6-7 goals.

Charlie Kitchen, by year end of his senior year, many highlight
reel performances put him on everyone’s radar.

But, all “just” honorable mention AA.

Tierney got 2nd team in 2021, but could just have well have been
lower, I thought Wisnauskas had a better year that year.

Will Manny if I recall was the last CAA 1st team All American at attack.
JustPassingThrough

Post by JustPassingThrough »

Henpecked wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:56 pm Drexel just released its schedule for 2023. Voelker must be trying to save his job with this schedule. Weakest schedule I’ve ever seen for the Dragons.

https://drexeldragons.com/sports/mens-l ... ?path=mlax
Kinda funny to see Drexel play Villanova at St Joe's, then play St Joe's at Villanova as part of the Philly scramble.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:09 pm
15 ahead of Paolenetti is a joke of a comment. Crapping in Drexel’s schedule. You mad because the New a10 just jumped ahead of your conference?
Pallonetti could be in the 10-15 range, although my take is
he’s closer to 15.

Drexel’s schedule does stink, but the coaches obviously did that
for a reason, anybody’s guess what that reason is, with more
talent which it looks like they’re bringing in will come better
scheduling.

Its very likely the A-10 will jump ahead of the CAA overall, but
you still have long time successful CAA programs Towson and
Delaware with actual results in the NCAAs, national titles, finals,
final fours.

I wouldn’t take HenFan personally, he just calls it as he sees it.
That’s all.

Personally, I welcome just about any commentary on this thread.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Henpecked wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:29 pm I mostly don’t understand anything you write. Your posts are usually stream-of-consciousness ramblings that ignore grammar, spelling and basic sentence structure.

I’m far from arrogant. I think Stony Brook is going to be a challenger in the CAA. And I’m not saying Pallonetti isn’t a top 15 attackman in the CAA. I’m saying that there are ZERO CAA attackman that fall in the top 9 in Division 1.

If you want names I can provide them. But only 9 get to be 1st, 2nd or 3rd team all Americans. Pallonetti, Robinson, Ward, Donnelly etc can make the HM all American list, but it would be nearly impossible to break through top 9. That is all I was saying. Nothing arrogant about that. Just stating facts. You said that Behlen and Pallonetti would be above HM All American. I contend that this is highly unlikely.
Apologies. Really thought you meant 16 between in CAA which was just crazy or was acting like the CAA was so far beyond the AE that he would sink.

Sorry I thought you meant within the CAA, stream of concisousness happens when one is doing a lot of things day to day. But I read it as within the CAA. This board gets pretty insular, complains when non CAA fans say anythign even mildly constructive criticism. I mean come live with Hobarts existence starting independent, getting thrown out of the PL, have the ECAC change twice and fall apart then a weird stretch in the NEC and now. CAA folks don’t have that kind of schadenfreude to deal with and easier to spend time writing up detailed focused pages of game notes I guess.

I’m using Tierney as benchmark. Sure dads name and a green light all the time helped.

Even if he isn’t you guys are going to be surprised at that combo, I’ve seen Behlen thread cross field passes against top 15 defenses and so he’s going to feed Paolentti well is my point. SBU didn’t have that type of complement to Paolenetti which IMO, since everyone is afraid to make any predictions as if putting down data that already happened informs much (and I just did myself) - I work with data every day, see patterns emerge that shouldn’t all the time so that’s where I come from.

I don’t think Behlen will make it more suggesting it folks try to face guard Paolennetti he can get his and that would be a mistake. The hyperbole in Behlen is to suggest that combo will make Paolenettis effectiveness “curvelinear”. Presume folks would understand that.

We can just sort sell everything on a fan board and pretend like it’s serious and we’re all acting as if our day jobs are on the line or we can have fun here and project like one would as a kid before watching a “fake” wrestling match. That’s the level of consequence here for making predictions. If it’s soo serious folks are going to be kicking their dogs or beating their wives when things inevitably go sideways. It’s a sport not life. Even when playing in college.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 6:14 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 9:09 pm
Pallonetti could be in the 10-15 range, although my take is
he’s closer to 15.

Drexel’s schedule does stink, but the coaches obviously did that
for a reason, anybody’s guess what that reason is, with more
talent which it looks like they’re bringing in will come better
scheduling.

Its very likely the A-10 will jump ahead of the CAA overall, but
you still have long time successful CAA programs Towson and
Delaware with actual results in the NCAAs, national titles, finals,
final fours.

I wouldn’t take HenFan personally, he just calls it as he sees it.
That’s all.

Personally, I welcome just about any commentary on this thread.
I was just reacting, after misunderstanding the Hen post. But I am using CAA and Big East as benchmarks to the new A10
See Martin, Malcolm
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

I don’t take offense at all. I really don’t care where the CAA ranks in D1. If you ever read my comments, I was one of the first people to comment about how powerful the A10 could be.

The CAA is clearly diminished with the exit of a perennial threat (UMass) and entrance of punching bag Hampton. That is the reason I criticized Drexel’s OOC schedule. Strength of schedule becomes a bigger issue for the conference. Play in games are not the norm for the CAA. Only happened twice.

I’m sure Delaware was not thrilled to play Robert Morris midweek before heading down to Georgetown on Sunday night this past year.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Tigers in 2016 had to play a play in game, anyone who saw an
actual Towson game that year knew they weren’t a play in team
and so the win against Denver wasn’t really that big an upset.
Unfortunately for them, the good wins they had happened against
teams having down years (OSU) and they laid an egg in a high profile game against Hopkins. So they got stuck with a play in.

The re-entry of the Ivies has any sort of predictability tossed right
out the window, its way too crowded a field RPI-wise now in the
10 to 15 range with the Ivies getting 6 of those RPI positions last
year - you’ve got to be below 15 to avoid a play in.

So, don’t lay any eggs, beat the teams who could be ahead of you
RPI wise.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

JustPassingThrough wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:43 am
Henpecked wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 6:56 pm Drexel just released its schedule for 2023. Voelker must be trying to save his job with this schedule. Weakest schedule I’ve ever seen for the Dragons.

Kinda funny to see Drexel play Villanova at St Joe's, then play St Joe's at Villanova as part of the Philly scramble.
Those are both better venues,

especially if you’re trying to draw in the SE PA crowd,
SE PA lacrosse kids.

Both games, better for accessing for me personally,
definitely the St. Joe’s game at least.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Key Departures: James Avanzato (A), Luke Shilling (M), Koby Smith (D), Shane Brennan (G)
I was hoping Avanzato had eligibility left, it would have made for
a better transition as Michael Weisshaar and (hopefully next year) Herbert come on board,

Lacrosse Bucket write up on Tigers,

https://lacrossebucket.com/2022/11/14/f ... on-tigers/
JustPassingThrough

Post by JustPassingThrough »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:17 pm
JustPassingThrough wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:43 am

Those are both better venues,

especially if you’re trying to draw in the SE PA crowd,
SE PA lacrosse kids.

Both games, better for accessing for me personally,
definitely the St. Joe’s game at least.
Good point re: bigger/better stadiums (and parking) plus access for suburban fans.
courtdog

Post by courtdog »

Henpecked wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:13 am I don’t take offense at all. I really don’t care where the CAA ranks in D1. If you ever read my comments, I was one of the first people to comment about how powerful the A10 could be.

The CAA is clearly diminished with the exit of a perennial threat (UMass) and entrance of punching bag Hampton. That is the reason I criticized Drexel’s OOC schedule. Strength of schedule becomes a bigger issue for the conference. Play in games are not the norm for the CAA. Only happened twice.

I’m sure Delaware was not thrilled to play Robert Morris midweek before heading down to Georgetown on Sunday night this past year.
Brian Voelker has never been afraid to schedule tough opponents. I think this is just a one off, St. Joe's, Villanova, and Albany will be good tests.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

courtdog wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:49 am
Henpecked wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 7:13 am I don’t take offense at all. I really don’t care where the CAA ranks in D1. If you ever read my comments, I was one of the first people to comment about how powerful the A10 could be.

Brian Voelker has never been afraid to schedule tough opponents. I think this is just a one off, St. Joe's, Villanova, and Albany will be good tests.
I think that’s really it, plus they’re breaking in a lot of new kids
who were backed up behind 5th and in some cases 6th years -
from the 2020, 2021 and now 2022 classes, 46 kids total from
those 3 classes - hopefully they can raise DU’s level of
competition to where they don’t weigh down other CAA school’s
strength of schedule — with the increased competition from the
Ivies for at large and NCAA seeds, with the addition of the A-10,
just one more thing to worry about for CAA coaches — how to
avoid being an NCAA tournie play-in team should you make it
through the CAA tournament — how to get an NCAA seeding
should you have a really great year.
Laxhog

Post by Laxhog »

hofpride

Post by hofpride »

dont sleep on the Dutch
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Hofstra beat the Hens last year, and also in one of the best CAA games last season won on a last second goal against Towson.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Lacrosse Bucket,

Five ‘Under The Radar’ Teams to Watch Out For In 2023

Hofstra Pride

Last season was more or less a rebuilding year for the Pride after all the talent Seth Tierney’s program lost from its 2021 roster. Their 6-9 (2-3 CAA) season, however, featured marquee wins over Delaware and Towson in league play. Hofstra also only lost to Villanova by two. Its three CAA losses (Fairfield, Drexel, UMass) came by an average of three goals. Defenseman Bryan McIntosh is among the very few major losses for this program, which, overall brings back most of its production on both ends. That includes leading scorer Gerard Kane (23G/15A), as well as fellow 2022 CAA All-Rookie selection Rory Jones (20G/8A), and All-Conference goalie Mac Gates (180 saves, 52.3%).

With Navy, Michigan, Syracuse, Villanova, and Richmond on the Pride’s non-conference slate, they will have ample opportunities to pickup up a big win. The CAA adds Hampton, Monmouth, and Stony Brook in 2023 while UMass leaves the league. Delaware should be the favorite but after that you could make a case for a number of teams rounding out that top four. Don’t be surprised if Hofstra ends up in that group and potentially challenges for the league crown.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Henpecked wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:29 pm
I think Stony Brook is going to be a challenger in the CAA. And I’m not saying Pallonetti isn’t a top 15 attackman in the CAA. I’m saying that there are ZERO CAA attackman that fall in the top 9 in Division 1.

If you want names I can provide them. But only 9 get to be 1st, 2nd or 3rd team all Americans. Pallonetti, Robinson, Ward, Donnelly etc can make the HM all American list, but it would be nearly impossible to break through top 9.
CAA is falling way behind, so to get things back,

I think Michael Robinson has a shot at 3rd team AA.
Hens need a great season and also, get the proper national recognition.

So many attackmen graduated -- Wisnauskas, Nichtern, Piatelli, Nolting, Lanchbury, Gray -- there are 6 returning 1st, 2nd
3rd team All Americans at attack -- and 12 1st, 2nd, 3rd team AA slots at attack.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Only about a month until first in season scrimmages.

Don’t sleep on the Dutch 👍

Jan 28 (Sat) / 10 AM
Hempstead, NY
James M. Shuart Stadium
Quinnipiac University Logo
vs Quinnipiac (scrimmage)

Jan 28 (Sat) / 12:30 PM
Hempstead, NY
James M. Shuart Stadium
University of Massachusetts Lowell Logo
vs Massachusetts Lowell (scrimmage)

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”