Hofstra

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Henpecked

Re: Hofstra

Post by Henpecked »

xxxxxxx wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:24 pm Big downgrade compared to the last few years where Michigan, Ohio State, Georgetown, Lehigh, Princeton and UNC have all been on the schedule. It's hard to get teams like that back once you stop playing them, coach must not be confident in what he has.
I think UNC got tired of getting their asses handed to them by Hofstra. After losing three straight to the Pride in '16-18 Breschi stopped scheduling them.

UNC avoids the CAA like the plague, but he shouldn't. The year he got beaten by both Hofstra and UMass he ended up winning a national championship.

Iron sharpens iron.

I think he's become addicted to beating up on the weak sisters of the south (SOCON) and handing out participation rings instead.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Henpecked wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:33 am
xxxxxxx wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:24 pm Big downgrade compared to the last few years where Michigan, Ohio State, Georgetown, Lehigh, Princeton and UNC have all been on the schedule. It's hard to get teams like that back once you stop playing them, coach must not be confident in what he has.
I think UNC got tired of getting their asses handed to them by Hofstra. After losing three straight to the Pride in '16-18 Breschi stopped scheduling them.

UNC avoids the CAA like the plague, but he shouldn't. The year he got beaten by both Hofstra and UMass he ended up winning a national championship.

Iron sharpens iron.

I think he's become addicted to beating up on the weak sisters of the south (SOCON) and handing out participation rings instead.
That was one bizarre year.

UMass beat the Tar Heels, Ohio State, Penn State and they
should have beaten Harvard, that year,

but UMass didn’t win a single CAA conference game.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

10stone5 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:07 pm

Iron sharpens iron.

UMass had some ugly losses that season. Got smoked by Army, Brown, Albany and Drexel. That team was Jekyll and Hyde all year.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Henpecked wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:22 pm

Iron sharpens iron.

UMass had some ugly losses that season. Got smoked by Army, Brown, Albany and Drexel. That team was Jekyll and Hyde all year.
That UNC game will probably be the last time an ACC team travels to Garber for a rock fight during the regular season.

UMass also beat UNC in a neutral site game in 2014 at Kennesaw State without Will Manny, who got hurt that week in practice.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:35 pm
Henpecked wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 1:22 pm

Iron sharpens iron.

That UNC game will probably be the last time an ACC team travels to Garber for a rock fight during the regular season.

UMass also beat UNC in a neutral site game in 2014 at Kennesaw State without Will Manny, who got hurt that week in practice.
And then equally strange,

UNC, one of the best lineups of midfielders I’ve seen,
especially that 1st midfield who were complete speed merchants,
they’re 8 and 6 with some real stinkers heading into
the NCAAs, then reel off 4 straight.
hofstrapride1

Post by hofstrapride1 »

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... s-possible

Looks like Hofstra will soon have some new CAA opponents with Monmouth, Stony Brook and Hampton slated to join league. Will be interesting to see if they go to eight league games or perhaps do divisions and stick with 5 or 6.
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

I watched most of today's scrimmage betweem Hofstra and Quinnipiac. I'd call it a draw, probably around 10-10. I left a few minutes early, so there may have been a few more goals late in Q4. There were a lot of penalties and EMO opportunities.

Hofstra's scorers included Justin Sykes (3), Sam Lutfi (2), Matt Elder, Rory Jones, Gerard Kane, and Ryan Sheridan. Sorry for any errors or omissions. The attack featured Jones, Lutfi, Colton Rudd, and Kane. Primary midfielders were Elder, Sykes, Sterlyn Ardrey, Griffin Turner, John Madsen, and Sheridan.

Mac Gates started in goal, followed by Sean Henderson and Jacob Addeche. Brian Herber and Chase Patterson took most of the FOs. Principal defenders included Tim Hegerty, Tom Ford, Bryan McIntosh (MSM transfer, who looked good), Danny Ochs, Corey Kale, Charlie Ragault, Dalton Seesz, Richie Hickis, Will Delaney, and Dylan McDermott.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Heard QU had 4 non releasable penalties. Basically for flagrant hits.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Rory Jones, Gerard Kane

— two that I’m looking at closely
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

First meeting between Hofstra and Merrimack this Saturday at 12 Noon. Merrimack is entering its third D1 season after winning the D2 championship in 2018 and 2019.

Hofstra Game Notes:

https://gohofstra.com/documents/2022/2/ ... rimack.pdf

Merrimack Game Notes:

https://merrimackathletics.com/document ... ofstra.pdf
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

Is the merrimack game moved to sun??
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

Yes, 11:30 a.m.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

$7.99 per month for Hofstra lacrosse 👎
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Don’t overthink things.
Just put Sheridan on 1st line midfield and live with
the ups and downs.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

5-5. Hofstra defense looks good. Goalie Mac Gates looks really good. Offense a little rusty. McIntosh with a lot of drops but just scored to tie the game up. Sheridan and Lufti look solid.

Kane hasn’t played.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Kane scored in his first 30 seconds on the field. 6-5
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

was there , cold as it could be , hof had tons of shots good looks M goalie almost wrecked their offense , M had good athletes good shooters , hof lived on the M stick of the goalie , does not work in div 1 , dont understand some of their slides , coaches have to fix that, game balls to both goalies , under 10 in div 1 lax , in my opinion lots of good frosh on the sideline , numbers game , 99, 5 , others as well , sticks on gloves always ,
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

hofpride wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:14 pm was there , cold as it could be , hof had tons of shots good looks M goalie almost wrecked their offense , M had good athletes good shooters , hof lived on the M stick of the goalie , does not work in div 1 , dont understand some of their slides , coaches have to fix that, game balls to both goalies , under 10 in div 1 lax , in my opinion lots of good frosh on the sideline , numbers game , 99, 5 , others as well , sticks on gloves always ,
The Rooney brothers transferred from SBU so should generally be familiar to those on the island. Probably their best two offensive players other than maybe Sean Black who’s. A holdover from the Bertrand and migration from D2
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”