Hobart 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Hobart 2023

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Think this may have been mentioned by Cade Dino is the first two time AA in section 4 history. First junior to be named previously- have heard he will need a little time to adjust to college level (like so many) but is very athletic. 100+ Goals, 200+ pts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JCLacrosse/s ... 3tr7gqAAAA
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Laxgunea

Re: Hobart 2023

Post by Laxgunea »

One of the things I found myself thinking over the course of the season, and especially when I watched the NCAAs, is that Hobart is slow. For a dynamic offense, that comment may not make much sense, but looking at teams like UMD, Cornell, Rutgers, Princeton, etc.., I thought their passing games were way quicker than ours. With Cornell in particular, I thought Lax IQ, and reaction time based on Lax IQ, was way faster than ours. In fact, they got 3 or 4 goals on us when we played just based on Lax IQ and reaction times. Cornell is a good lesson for us: UMD was undoubtedly a better team, but Cornell give them a run based on quickness, aggression, Lax IQ, and better conditioning. Those are all things we should be working on.
I also get the sense that our players take a split second longer in all of our passes around the perimeter and in decision making.
I've always thought that speed is the biggest jump to make from HS to College lacrosse, and I think Hobart as team will have to dedicate itself to ratcheting up its quickness if it is going to be successful next year.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxgunea wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 11:25 am One of the things I found myself thinking over the course of the season, and especially when I watched the NCAAs, is that Hobart is slow. For a dynamic offense, that comment may not make much sense, but looking at teams like UMD, Cornell, Rutgers, Princeton, etc.., I thought their passing games were way quicker than ours. With Cornell in particular, I thought Lax IQ, and reaction time based on Lax IQ, was way faster than ours. In fact, they got 3 or 4 goals on us when we played just based on Lax IQ and reaction times. Cornell is a good lesson for us: UMD was undoubtedly a better team, but Cornell give them a run based on quickness, aggression, Lax IQ, and better conditioning. Those are all things we should be working on.
I also get the sense that our players take a split second longer in all of our passes around the perimeter and in decision making.
I've always thought that speed is the biggest jump to make from HS to College lacrosse, and I think Hobart as team will have to dedicate itself to ratcheting up its quickness if it is going to be successful next year.
Yes, compare w 2019-2020 teams where we moved it around much quicker and even the one on one play involved much faster decision making. I chalk that up to youth on the margin with more kids who missed jr/sr year of HS and conference only in 21 partially.

I also expect the d mids and close D to not make the same mistakes they did w Cornell next year. Much more experienced overall group sans some good LSMs (Synnott, Imburgia and Ryan but some high ceiling ones who cut their teeth this year coming back).

The substitution issues I lay on staff, ex Brundage.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Just to keep some info/dialogue going Chris Patterson, a 23 commit, in Bronxville (who lost in sectional finals to Briarcliff) was all section 1 but not one of the 9 AAs from there. He’s got over 100pts with another season to go. Small but appears to be very talented.

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/high ... 529947001/
See Martin, Malcolm
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Lax Bucket indicates Mikey Valent '23, FO middie from Rush Henrietta has committed to Bart.
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

GeneralBart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:32 am Lax Bucket indicates Mikey Valent '23, FO middie from Rush Henrietta has committed to Bart.
Actually listed as a hockey player on MaxPreps

No lacrosse video?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

GeneralBart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 11:32 am Lax Bucket indicates Mikey Valent '23, FO middie from Rush Henrietta has committed to Bart.
Nice get for the coaching staff. His numbers are impressive. I was wondering when we were going to see another '23 recruit as it has been a while. The coaching staff did make 3 or 4 "late" additions for the '22 class who seemed to have had strong senior years. ahh the summer circuit... :roll:
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

LeeRoggy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:15 pm

No lacrosse video?
https://imlca.sportsrecruits.com/athlete/mikey_valent
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

GeneralBart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:05 pm

No lacrosse video?
Thanks! Interesting that he looks like a natural lefty but obviously faces off righty
CrazyPeople

Post by CrazyPeople »

Hobart has a posting on its website for an Assistant Lacrosse Coach...who is leaving?
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

The job ad implied it’s the OC

https://apply.interfolio.com/109257
CrazyPeople

Post by CrazyPeople »

So Brundage is out? Heading to opening at Michigan or Georgetown?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

If it is Brundage, that sucks. He definitely upped our game. Im not surprised that he's gained the attention of "big name" programs.
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

oldbartman wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:09 am If it is Brundage, that sucks. He definitely upped our game. Im not surprised that he's gained the attention of "big name" programs.
Maybe he ends up with the new Mercer job
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sliberlicht Bros playing in world games (again)

https://hwsathletics.com/news/2022/7/7/ ... games.aspx
See Martin, Malcolm
EasyRider

Post by EasyRider »

AreaLax wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:46 pm The job ad implied it’s the OC

Strange listing, likely just a typo. Turri is moving on, Brundage isn’t going anywhere.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

EasyRider wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 3:51 pm
AreaLax wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 8:46 pm The job ad implied it’s the OC

Strange listing, likely just a typo. Turri is moving on, Brundage isn’t going anywhere.
Yeah .. it lists goalies and faceoffs too, and that was Turri. Still, not a good look to make a typo like that. It would be great if Brundage were sticking around. I'm sorry to see Turri go too. From time to time last season the D started to click, and we went 20 and 30 minutes or more without allowing any goals. Most of those guys are returning, so I was feeling like the D was on the cusp of something good.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

So...... a defensive coordinator. With Coach Raymond's background, he should be able to find a quality replacement. I wonder if Coach Muffley would come back to work with the faceoffs crew.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

LeeRoggy wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:23 pm
GeneralBart wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 1:05 pm

No lacrosse video?
Thanks! Interesting that he looks like a natural lefty but obviously faces off righty
Seeing this more these days.

Lefties who face off have a general disadvantage on the draw, using their "weak" hand. But if they can start early enough and build that muscle memory, it gives them an advantage pushing the ball forward, then scooping lefty and protecting the stick from the opponent on fast breaks.

Can sometimes catch the defense sleeping with a lefty or flat break too.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

New 2023 d recruit from the backyard just popped up-Robert Kinslow from Pal Mac.

https://blaxfive.net/19_players/players ... C%20Robert

Was finger lakes region defensive player of the year and a academic US Lacrosse AA this season as a Junior.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”