D1 Mens Lacrosse
JeremyCuse

Re: Rutgers 2023

Post by JeremyCuse »

1766 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:51 pm
JeremyCuse wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:05 pm
10stone5 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:35 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:17 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:51 pm Just noticing this now or the belittling of other programs regularly finally got tiring?
a few guys make it really tough to be happy for the actual squad.

i guess in fairness, they have to take shots…
Its how they roll, nothing really to take personally,
especially in light of last year’s Final Four team,

then again, I’m not the one being shot at.
Having dealt with RU in the Big East years ago its par for the course for a portion of their fanbase (not all). What's odd to me is that out of the blue he brings up Syracuse twice after the discussion bout finance for pretty much no reason. Why Syracuse was suddenly brought in the discussion I have no idea. From a lax standpoint it makes no sense especially after SU took their top ranked recruit for the 2022 class but here we are.
WD is obviously a Syracuse fan. That's why. Who was the top ranked recruit? The D kid from DC? Not hardly.
He is in fact not a Syracuse fan.

Figuerias the 5 star pole and probably the top pole in the class, at worst top 3 was Rutgers top ranked Recruit.

Post by 1766 »

JeremyCuse wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:40 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 1:51 pm Just noticing this now or the belittling of other programs regularly finally got tiring?

Having dealt with RU in the Big East years ago its par for the course for a portion of their fanbase (not all). What's odd to me is that out of the blue he brings up Syracuse twice after the discussion bout finance for pretty much no reason. Why Syracuse was suddenly brought in the discussion I have no idea. From a lax standpoint it makes no sense especially after SU took their top ranked recruit for the 2022 class but here we are.
WD is obviously a Syracuse fan. That's why. Who was the top ranked recruit? The D kid from DC? Not hardly.

Figuerias the 5 star pole and probably the top pole in the class, at worst top 3 was Rutgers top ranked Recruit.
We're good there. He would have not played this year. Nice to have, but not needed. He was right to flip. Syracuse needs him more. Much better shot at early PT.

WD isn't a Syracuse fan? Really now.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

That’s your rationale for the pole flipping to Cuse
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

1766 wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 3:46 pm

We're good there. He would have not played this year. Nice to have, but not needed. He was right to flip. Syracuse needs him more. Much better shot at early PT.
He decommitted right after the Gait announcement as head coach,

it looks like the rationale was to play for Gait and Petro.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

with tons of established poles transferring into rutgers, plus 22 Splaine coming in, i don't mind the decommit. both 4 stars, according to IL. good luck to him. cuse has Dwan's son coming in, i'm sure he won't be given any preferential treatment!
lorin

Post by lorin »

Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:32 am with tons of established poles transferring into rutgers, plus 22 Splaine coming in, i don't mind the decommit. both 4 stars, according to IL. good luck to him. cuse has Dwan's son coming in, i'm sure he won't be given any preferential treatment!
Lol you guys think you are Maryland now. NP losing a five star?
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

lorin wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:27 am
Njlaxx11 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 6:32 am with tons of established poles transferring into rutgers, plus 22 Splaine coming in, i don't mind the decommit. both 4 stars, according to IL. good luck to him. cuse has Dwan's son coming in, i'm sure he won't be given any preferential treatment!
he's a 4 star. i never said it was no problem - i explained my reasoning.

Post by 1766 »

Splaine is better than the kid who flipped. Watch.

Post by 1766 »

lorin wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 7:27 am
He was a 4* not 5. Do you ever get anything right around here?

I'm curious to hear your prediction for the 23 team considering your 22 one was so spot on. "Lucky to go .500" lol.

Post by 1766 »

Obviously. I just posted it. What's yours? Actually, nevermind. I don't really care why a high school kid flips.
JeremyCuse

Post by JeremyCuse »

1766 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:02 pm

Obviously. I just posted it. What's yours? Actually, nevermind. I don't really care why a high school kid flips.
Uh did you just respond and yell at yourself?

Post by 1766 »

Hahaha, looks that way. Originally intended for Asot I believe.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Post by 1766 »

There was some discussion around JJF potentially coming back but that looks like it is not happening now. Expect Apgar to play a much bigger role now.
Rolldins

Post by Rolldins »

1766 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:08 pm There was some discussion around JJF potentially coming back but that looks like it is not happening now. Expect Apgar to play a much bigger role now.
1766, do you think they'll drop one of the LSMs to the third starting D spot alongside Russo and Apgar or start Stahancyk? Seems like a logjam there having Rall, Reynolds ,the transfer Jones and then potentially the freshman Splaine if he shows promise all vying for time.

Post by 1766 »

Rolldins wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:07 pm
1766 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 3:08 pm There was some discussion around JJF potentially coming back but that looks like it is not happening now. Expect Apgar to play a much bigger role now.
1766, do you think they'll drop one of the LSMs to the third starting D spot alongside Russo and Apgar or start Stahancyk? Seems like a logjam there having Rall, Reynolds ,the transfer Jones and then potentially the freshman Splaine if he shows promise all vying for time.
I think they will have to let it play out. Jones is a possibility I think, and don't forget McKelvy. I know the staff was high on him too. Iy will be competitive in the fall. I think Rall and Reynolds are pretty locked in, though you could put Reynolds down low and move Jones into the second pole spot. Rall is cemented there. He's a game changer at that position and you don't want to change anything about that. Rutgers fall program is not for the feint of heart. Will be interesting to watch it all play out.

The other interesting spot is the righty attack opening. At the end of the day, it's going to be hard to keep Kulas out. He just flat out knows how to put the ball in the back of the net. I've not seen many college guys with the deception and placement he has in his shooting. In limited time he lit it up, and if you watched their practices, he was doing that constantly against the number 1's. That goal against UPenn sure was timely.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

1766 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:30 pm
I think they will have to let it play out. Jones is a possibility I think, and don't forget McKelvy. I know the staff was high on him too. Iy will be competitive in the fall. I think Rall and Reynolds are pretty locked in, though you could put Reynolds down low and move Jones into the second pole spot. Rall is cemented there. He's a game changer at that position and you don't want to change anything about that. Rutgers fall program is not for the feint of heart. Will be interesting to watch it all play out.

The other interesting spot is the righty attack opening. At the end of the day, it's going to be hard to keep Kulas out. He just flat out knows how to put the ball in the back of the net. I've not seen many college guys with the deception and placement he has in his shooting. In limited time he lit it up, and if you watched their practices, he was doing that constantly against the number 1's. That goal against UPenn sure was timely.
I’ll be shocked if Kulas isn’t the third attack and he’s got a high ceiling.

The reality is when you lose a haul like RU did, it’s gonna leave some holes. Time will tell who fills them.

The two biggest position group holes on the field…and I don’t think it’s debatable are the SSDM group and goalie

Kamish (PLL Whips) and Franko were elite level talents and Coyne and Daninger were really really solid 3 and 4 guys on the rope…huge holes to fill

Then there is Kirst. He was fantastic for two years…

I’m still bullish on RU…they turned a corner the last two years and learned how to win and play in big games. Obviously Maryland was the king on the big ten and pretty much all of lacrosse, but RU took huge steps to be a consistent top 10 program…

Now the key is staying in that mix. It’s hard to get to the tourney…it’s even harder to do it with regularity…

See what happens. I’m rooting for them

Post by 1766 »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:52 pm

The reality is when you lose a haul like RU did, it’s gonna leave some holes. Time will tell who fills them.

The two biggest position group holes on the field…and I don’t think it’s debatable are the SSDM group and goalie

Kamish (PLL Whips) and Franko were elite level talents and Coyne and Daninger were really really solid 3 and 4 guys on the rope…huge holes to fill

I’m still bullish on RU…they turned a corner the last two years and learned how to win and play in big games. Obviously Maryland was the king on the big ten and pretty much all of lacrosse, but RU took huge steps to be a consistent top 10 program…

Now the key is staying in that mix. It’s hard to get to the tourney…it’s even harder to do it with regularity…

You nailed it. SSDM and goalie. Those are the spots. They brought in athletes so we will have to see how fast they can pick up the system and mesh. Big holes to fill and so much is asked of the DMids at Rutgers. There are real expectations in the program now. Being a regular tourney participant is one those. There is a lot of work to do every season to get there. But that's the expectation now.
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 4:52 pm

I would not be stunned if Kulas was not the starter as he is more of a finisher and does not carry particularly well, you could see Logan Peters get some run as he is a big strong kid who can carry and finish. They may move Civetti back down to attack as his natural position is he is a really good inside finisher with great hands and good vision.

SSDM is a massive hole to fill as 1766 points out they are asked to do so much and they are bringing in transfers who played ssdm but not like Rutgers did. The fortunate part of that is we have Rall back who is probably going to be the best LSM in the country. We do have returning kids that can play SSDM like Carter, Lawler (who was brought in as a SSDM), and Russo. So there should be pretty solid competition.

Goalie is an issue, Not sold on either of the transfers but the step down is even bigger when you compare them to Kirst. compound that with all new SSDM and a new 3rd pole and this has me worried.

I am surprised that the offense has not been mentioned as they only have 3 known quantities in Knobloch, Scott and Cameron. I should get a report on Sprock but, I would doubt that he plays in the fall but even if he comes back who plays with him and Knobloch, I would assume Aimone as he is a dominate lefty and it would create some field balance, and maybe Civetti at attack Teresky showed flashes and I think all of them are ahead of Kulas who can be a great man up shooter.

How much help will Dugenio get from the Transfer from Yale.
Lots of question and we will likely not get real answers until the end of January.

Post by 1766 »

Whether or not Sprock plays in the fall, he will be ready for the season. His rehab is ahead of schedule and going well. If he can pick up even close to where he left off before last season, there will be another alpha dodger from the midfield.

I also expect Teresky and Aimone to take another step after getting a lot of run last season. One thing we have seen under Coach Brecht is guys develop. At the end of the day, it's a development program and you see it time and time again from a number of players.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”