Georgetown 2023

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Hoya

Re: Georgetown 2023

Post by Hoya »

Bundy tearing it up in the U21s:

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/usa-insi ... st-england

"On offense, a variety of players contributed to sequences that included skip passes, behind-the-back feeds and more than a few highlight-reel goals. Much of that action ended in the stick of Graham Bundy Jr., the U.S. captain and lethal middie.

Bundy went 6-for-7 shooting, dodging to open up lanes and allowing his teammates to set him up for high-percentage opportunities. In the process, he tied Dan Denihan, who scored six goals against Australia in 1996, for the junior level single-game goals record."
HGK

Post by HGK »

There is a midfielders win championship thread. This is what I posted for what it’s worth -

Graham Bundy can shoot, feed, ride and is a great leader. I am not sure I agree that midfielders win championships. Think it’s much more collective but if I had to tie myself to one middie horse, it would be Bundy.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Georgetown lands 4 star FO middie Ross Prince. Strong offensive player as well. IL’s #28 ranked player in the class of 2024.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

HGK wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:02 pm Georgetown lands 4 star FO middie Ross Prince. Strong offensive player as well. IL’s #28 ranked player in the class of 2024.
Also landed Chase Picard from NH, who appears to be well suited to a two-way/D middie role:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... e=analysis
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7X0b_xzt4o

Chase Picard is a solid pick up. Just watched his tape and WOW he is fast. Reminds me of current player Dylan Hess.
Bert Macklin

Post by Bert Macklin »

Do we think Georgetown has a window to win a Championship now or is it something that they are still building too ?
GaitsRightHand

Post by GaitsRightHand »

Bert Macklin wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 1:48 pm Do we think Georgetown has a window to win a Championship now or is it something that they are still building too ?
Personally, I think winning a championship will be tough this year. Definitely still building. BUT, I would not be surprised in seeing them make the final four this year.

Hopefully, I'm wrong and they go all the way :D
Hoyafan123

Post by Hoyafan123 »

The defense will take a slight step back with the biggest lost being obviously McElroy, but will still be superb and one of if not the best defenses in the nation. In my mind defensive midfielder depth is the only big question mark.

The hoyas biggest weakness last year was the offense/offensive depth. All the games they lost last year was because they couldn't score over 10 goals which I don't think will be a problem this year given the existing talent + transfers. Hoyas now have a dodger (Dordevic) on the roster that they haven't had since Bucaro + significantly more depth via the transfer portal.

Overall I think if the culture/chemistry doesn't take a step back due to the new faces the hoyas should be better than they were last year.
HGK

Post by HGK »

The losses on the rope unit are real no doubt. Geddes, Mazzone and Smith although he was mainly at close, he was a gb machine on face offs and between the restraining lines. Godine and Leary set a great foundation at d mid. As i have said would love to see Hoyas find a third d mid away from Hess and let him focus on offensive side of the ball. Poles in my mind are a bigger question although I think there are quality players to fill the losses. Close D will be very strong. Despite Maracco and McElroy being 1st team AAs I do think Scharfenberger and Hincks will be very good in net however it plays out. The offense will be better despite loss of Watson and Trippi I believe. The midfield will be deeper and a healthy Haley at X along with the transfer/grads filling the attack/slash roles will be formidable. Reilly back at the face off X is a huge keep. Dordevic, Bundy, Mcdermott, Hess, Kelly, Minicus, Solomon and some strong incoming freshmen should make for a lethal offense regardless of how they set the attack and midfield groups. Expectations should be high but as Coach U would say it’s show me don’t tell me time for this team. Can’t wait to see how the fall goes.

Let’s go Hoyas!
HGK

Post by HGK »

Watson and Geddes taken in the NLL draft. Watson #2 overall.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Watson , Dordevic and Geddes taken in the NLL draft. Watson #2 overall.
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

I know there are all kinds of considerations that go into it, but it’s a shame they couldn’t hang on to Watson.

Regarding attack, the roster is up and other than Dordevic listed as A/M, the other offensive transfers are all listed as attackmen. Should be an interesting fall with a lot of experimenting with lineups.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

rolldodge wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:48 am I know there are all kinds of considerations that go into it, but it’s a shame they couldn’t hang on to Watson.

Regarding attack, the roster is up and other than Dordevic listed as A/M, the other offensive transfers are all listed as attackmen. Should be an interesting fall with a lot of experimenting with lineups.
It will be interesting to see how well the offense shares the rock. All the incoming attack transfers are used to being THE guy. If they can figure it out, watch out.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

oldbartman wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:49 pm
rolldodge wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 9:48 am I know there are all kinds of considerations that go into it, but it’s a shame they couldn’t hang on to Watson.

It will be interesting to see how well the offense shares the rock. All the incoming attack transfers are used to being THE guy. If they can figure it out, watch out.
kelly and solomon were never the guy.

but they were each moved to midfield for varying stretches in '22, so it won't be new to them.
HGK

Post by HGK »

I think like Petkovich and Trippi, the coaching staff will figure out where to put the slash players. This offense can be beyond really good IMO.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Transfer U

How many current Juniors have actually played meaningful minutes?
rolldodge

Post by rolldodge »

xxxxxxx wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:49 am Transfer U

How many current Juniors have actually played meaningful minutes?
So, I know you're not supposed to feed the trolls but....

There are currently 11 Juniors on the roster. TJ Haley will likely start at attack and has since he was a freshman. Jack Leary will likely start at D mid and was 3rd dmid last year. Dylan Hess has played two way middie since he was a freshman and will likely start on either O, D or both. Will Tominovich will likely start at Defense and has been 3rd or 4th defenseman since he was a freshman. Wallace Halpert was #2 LSM last year and will likely start this year.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Georgetown captains - Mcdermott, Bowen, Bundy and Donaldson.
HGK

Post by HGK »

Hoyas land 4 star Jack Ransom (A). Put up 122 points as a sophomore

Jack Ransom, A, Charlotte Catholic (N.C.) – Renown as one of the best players in the South, Ransom had a 42-point freshman campaign and built upon that even further as a sophomore with 122 points off 61 goals and 61 assists while gaining Southwest Conference Player of The Year honors. Whether guarded one-on-one in space or amidst a sea of defenders, Ransom knows how to get separation and create plays. He has one of the best shots of anyone in the class.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”