wahoomurf

Re: Cornell 2023

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:34 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 6:18 pm
ICGrad wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 5:40 pm
Gobigred wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:12 pm
ICGrad wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:28 pm
Gobigred wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:47 pm C'mon, everyone. It's Ierlan, not Irelan. He gives his best for us. Let's get his name right.
I'm pretty sure he's not reading this...
Irrelevant
I think it's spelled "Ierrelevant"
irregardless, it's Ierlan... ;)
Irreverent yet relevant.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Charlie Box gets his team to their 1st PA state championship final,
doubtful that anyone had Marple Newtown, a PA Central league
also-ran, getting to the state finals this year,

Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/7/22

PIAA 2A semis
Marple Newtown 14, Lampeter-Strasburg 7
Lampeter-Strasburg 0-1-3-4-7
Marple Newtown 5-2-3-4-14

Marple Newtown
Brian Box – 4g
Charlie Box- 2g 2a
Joey Yukenevitch 3g
Ezra White

Post by Ezra White »

10stone5 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:50 pm Charlie Box gets his team to their 1st PA state championship final,
doubtful that anyone had Marple Newtown, a PA Central league
also-ran, getting to the state finals this year,

Phillylacrosse.com, Posted 6/7/22

PIAA 2A semis
Marple Newtown 14, Lampeter-Strasburg 7
Lampeter-Strasburg 0-1-3-4-7
Marple Newtown 5-2-3-4-14

Marple Newtown
Brian Box – 4g
Charlie Box- 2g 2a
Joey Yukenevitch 3g
Brian is Charlie's younger brother. (3 yrs younger, I believe.) Cornell has a long history of recruiting brothers. Just sayin.
CU88

Post by CU88 »

Not sure if this article was posted, but here it is:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tion/59833
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Charlie Box and team were not able to close out their terrific run
to the state finals. Box made a DI play with seconds to go in the
3rd quarter with his team really needing a goal, cutting through
two defenders from behind goal to get his team within two,

https://phillylacrosse.com/2022/piaa-2a ... tate-gold/

Radnor and Ryan Goldstein repeat as AAA PA state champs with a
VG game from Goldstein, and FYI this was Frank Urso’s first trip
to the state finals,

https://phillylacrosse.com/2022/piaa-3a ... lley-12-5/
another fan

Post by another fan »

Box will be in Ithaca next year; Goldstein is doing a pg year. Also in PA, Nikolic,23, led Malvern to the IAC championship.

In the NYS championships, Staub, Cascadden, and Perfetto all had excellent seasons and championship games for Garden City and Manhasset, and will be Cornell freshmen. West Hill lost to Manhasset, but their best player is a 23 Cornell recruit, Gilmartin.
Last edited by another fan on Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
laxjuris

Post by laxjuris »

another fan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:08 pm Box will be in Ithaca next year; Goldstein is doing a pg year. Also in PA, Nikolic,23, led Malvern to the IAC championship.

In the NYS championships, Staub, Cascadden, and Perfetto all had excellent seasons and championship games for Garden City and Manhasset, and will be Cornell freshmen. West Hill lost to GC, but their best player is a 23 Cornell recruit, Gilmartin.
I watched a good portion of the NYS & PA championship games involving our recruits. I thought they all played well in varying degrees.

Staub was dominant for GC, and will only strengthen our terrific group of poles. He’s sound with his positioning, and great off the ground and in transition. I think he’ll get on the field pretty early in his college career.

Cascadden not only controlled the face-offs, but took over what was a close game early in the 3rd quarter with two goals and an assist. It will be interesting to see if the coaching staff figures a way to get his athleticism on the field assuming he’s not the primary FOGO next season.

Box’s game was the most entertaining of those I watched, although his team took the close loss. Box looked terrific, showing excellent athleticism and a non-stop motor, with a rocket of a shot. While not tall he’s solidly built, reminding me of Lombardi. Given there’s not much room at offensive midfield next year, I could see Box having an opportunity to help fill the void at ssdm with Bardwell’s departure.

Both Goldstein and Perfetto primarily play behind the cage, although both showed versatility and the ability to play in front of the goal as the situation warranted. Perfetto showed excellent hands and a quick shot, while Goldstein had some nice assists and the ability to score on quick moves from X. Perfetto will be a solid addition to our attack corps next year, although there’s not much room for him to see much of the field next year barring injury. Goldstein doing a PG year can only help him continue to refine his game, and he looks to have a nice future.

Gilmartin’s team was overmatched, but he was clearly one of the top players on the field. He showed excellent field awareness, terrific speed, excellent stick skills, and a hard shot. With another year of HS lacrosse ahead of him, he looks to have a high ceiling.
another fan

Post by another fan »

laxjuris wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:05 pm
another fan wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:08 pm Box will be in Ithaca next year; Goldstein is doing a pg year. Also in PA, Nikolic,23, led Malvern to the IAC championship.

In the NYS championships, Staub, Cascadden, and Perfetto all had excellent seasons and championship games for Garden City and Manhasset, and will be Cornell freshmen. West Hill lost to GC, but their best player is a 23 Cornell recruit, Gilmartin.
I watched a good portion of the NYS & PA championship games involving our recruits. I thought they all played well in varying degrees.

Staub was dominant for GC, and will only strengthen our terrific group of poles. He’s sound with his positioning, and great off the ground and in transition. I think he’ll get on the field pretty early in his college career.

Cascadden not only controlled the face-offs, but took over what was a close game early in the 3rd quarter with two goals and an assist. It will be interesting to see if the coaching staff figures a way to get his athleticism on the field assuming he’s not the primary FOGO next season.

Box’s game was the most entertaining of those I watched, although his team took the close loss. Box looked terrific, showing excellent athleticism and a non-stop motor, with a rocket of a shot. While not tall he’s solidly built, reminding me of Lombardi. Given there’s not much room at offensive midfield next year, I could see Box having an opportunity to help fill the void at ssdm with Bardwell’s departure.

Both Goldstein and Perfetto primarily play behind the cage, although both showed versatility and the ability to play in front of the goal as the situation warranted. Perfetto showed excellent hands and a quick shot, while Goldstein had some nice assists and the ability to score on quick moves from X. Perfetto will be a solid addition to our attack corps next year, although there’s not much room for him to see much of the field next year barring injury. Goldstein doing a PG year can only help him continue to refine his game, and he looks to have a nice future.

Gilmartin’s team was overmatched, but he was clearly one of the top players on the field. He showed excellent field awareness, terrific speed, excellent stick skills, and a hard shot. With another year of HS lacrosse ahead of him, he looks to have a high ceiling.
I agree with all you wrote. Correction to my original post-- West Hill was overmatched, but lost to Manhasset, not Garden City.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

laxjuris wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 5:05 pm
Box’s game was the most entertaining of those I watched, although his team took the close loss. Box looked terrific, showing excellent athleticism and a non-stop motor, with a rocket of a shot. While not tall he’s solidly built, reminding me of Lombardi.
The western PA team was face-guarding Box, which limited his
1st half. They also tried to out physical Box, which didn’t seem
to bother him.
Box’s brother is another one to keep an eye on, a freshman
I believe.
another fan

Post by another fan »

Ryan Goldstein (Tim's son) led Radnor to a state championship. He is doing a pg year before Cornell. This is long, but worth a look when you have time. It switches over to assists a little past 8 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H13NlJ7KUhI
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

another fan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:55 pm Ryan Goldstein (Tim's son) led Radnor to a state championship. He is doing a pg year before Cornell. This is long, but worth a look when you have time. It switches over to assists a little past 8 minutes:

Radnor and Garden City played early in the season. I wonder how he faired against Staub?
another fan

Post by another fan »

Radnor lost 11-8. Goldstein had 3 assists. I assume Staub was covering, but I believe Garden City has another top pole who will be a senior next year and is committed to an Ivy,
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

another fan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:00 pm Radnor lost 11-8. Goldstein had 3 assists. I assume Staub was covering, but I believe Garden City has another top pole who will be a senior next year and is committed to an Ivy,
GC. Staub had Kephart's brother (a sophomore) and 2 other strong poles (both Juniors) in the D mix. One of the Jr's is going to UVA. Not sure where the other is looking.
another fan

Post by another fan »

My mistake-- I think it was the UVA commit I was envisioning. Kephart's brother is on the Cornell roster, but I believe has been out for a long time with an injury (back?).
another fan

Post by another fan »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:59 pm
another fan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:55 pm Ryan Goldstein (Tim's son) led Radnor to a state championship. He is doing a pg year before Cornell. This is long, but worth a look when you have time. It switches over to assists a little past 8 minutes:

Radnor and Garden City played early in the season. I wonder how he faired against Staub?
Go to around 19:20 and you will see brief highlights from the GC game. It looks like Staub was on him for 2 of his assists and Webber was closest on the third. Early season game for both teams, and glad Goldstein and Staub will be teammates.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

Cascadden not only controlled the face-offs but took over what was a close game early in the 3rd quarter with two goals and an assist. It will be interesting to see if the coaching staff figures a way to get his athleticism on the field assuming he’s not the primary FOGO next season.
Cascadden is the same size as Hugh K. Under Buczek tutelage, his transformation into scoring threat has, IMHO, been dramatic. I'm sure he can make Cascadden a more consistent scorer.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

another fan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 5:55 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:59 pm

Go to around 19:20 and you will see brief highlights from the GC game. It looks like Staub was on him for 2 of his assists and Webber was closest on the third. Early season game for both teams, and glad Goldstein and Staub will be teammates.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:45 pm
another fan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:00 pm Radnor lost 11-8. Goldstein had 3 assists. I assume Staub was covering, but I believe Garden City has another top pole who will be a senior next year and is committed to an Ivy,
Staub had Kephart's brother (a sophomore) and 2 other strong poles (both Juniors) in the D mix. One of the Jr's is going to UVA. Not sure where the other is looking. I apologize for the confusion re: Kephart. To clarify, the Kephart to whom I referred has an older brother who's currently on the Cornell roster.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

another fan wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:55 pm My mistake-- I think it was the UVA commit I was envisioning. Kephart's brother is on the Cornell roster, but I believe has been out for a long time with an injury (back?). The younger Kephart played a significant role as a freshman at GC. He was injured most of the season but came back in time for the playoffs.
another fan

Post by another fan »

wahoomurf wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 6:34 pm
wahoomurf wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 4:45 pm
Staub had Kephart's brother (a sophomore) and 2 other strong poles (both Juniors) in the D mix. One of the Jr's is going to UVA. Not sure where the other is looking. I apologize for the confusion re: Kephart. To clarify, the Kephart to whom I referred has an older brother who's currently on the Cornell roster.
No apology necessary. I may have sounded confused, but I did know that Bill Kephart, who already is on the Cornell roster, is the older brother of the Garden City player.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”