Navy 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
laxxygilmore

Re: Navy 2020

Post by laxxygilmore »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:02 pm Here’s a good prospect for the Mids.
Two sports, option QB and attack,
de-committed from UNC.

Recruiting: Eyeing Two Sports, IL's No. 5 Senior Xavier Arline Decommits from UNC
Agreed. Quite the gifted athlete indeed...could be an interesting Navy vs. ND contest to land him...
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... -unc/55712
(12/20/19)

Twice named to Newsday's All-Long Island First Team, Arline finished his career with 8,621 all-purpose yards with 124 touchdowns, helping lead the Wildcats to Long Island Championships in 2016 and 2019.

He most recently received an offer from Navy after a wildly successful senior season, also holding offers from Army, Stony Brook, Rice and New Hampshire. In August, Arline was extended a preferred walk-on offer by Notre Dame, where he would also play lacrosse for the Fighting Irish.

Though some have recruited him as a quarterback (service academies employ offenses that are led by dynamic, run-heavy QBs), Arline has been getting looked at as a H-back, slot and defensive back.

On the lacrosse field, Arline led Long Island with 137 points on 70 goals and 67 assists as a junior, picking up a New York Class 'C' state title along with All-American honors. He's been an electric playmaker for Team 91 Crush as well, teaming up with No. 1 recruit Brennan O'Neill '20 and Joey Spallina '22 on the attack.

There's no timeline for his final college decision, as football just had its Early Signing Period this past week. The regular National Signing Day is on Feb. 5 — stay up to date on developments in Arline's recruiting by following Xavier on Twitter, as well as @tyxanders and @ILPreps.
...especially after the #23 ranked Mids beat Kansas State in the Liberty Bowl on 12/31/19! GO NAVY!
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Nice win.

Happy New Year!

stupefied

Post by stupefied »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:38 am Nice win.

Happy New Year!

Fantastic pic! Thx for posting it. Happy New Year to All.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

laxxygilmore wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:02 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:53 am Looks like Navy might have another Dreadnought attackman this spring.
Navy Fball's best O-lineman, #72, Center, Ford Higgins, 6' 2", 260 lbs, Sr.
ESPN2 played part of this clip In tonight's Navy-UConn game.
Carc reported that Coach Amplo's going to give him a look this spring.

https://navysports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=15524

A 2016 graduate of Greater Atlanta Christian School, Higgins was a three-sport athlete who earned letters in football (3), lacrosse (4) and wrestling (1) ... earned All-State (Ga.) and all-county honors in football his senior year ... Touchdown Club of Atlanta award winner as a senior ... a two-time all-county attackman for the lacrosse team, he was also named All-State his senior season ... set school records for most goals scored in a season, most goals scored in a game and most points in a season ... served as captain of the football and lacrosse teams his senior year ...majoring in applied mathematics.
+1
So, now that Navy has dispatched Army and taken back the CIC Trophy, it's on to the AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State to whoop the Wildcats in Memphis. After that, Ford Higgins can take a few well deserved days off and then ready himself for his "lax attack look"...maybe he can bring along Malcom Perry for a look at M or DM too! :idea: :)

A most memorable 2020 season is just around the corner for the MLax Mids. GO NAVY!
Nice Liberty Bowl W over Kansas State ... Nice to see Ford Higgins (#34...A...6'2" - 260lbs) on the MLax roster ...
https://navysports.com/sports/mens-lacr ... gins/17861
Where's Malcom? :)
old salt

Post by old salt »

...on the Patriots draft list.
laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

laxxygilmore wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 3:17 pm
laxxygilmore wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:02 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:53 am Looks like Navy might have another Dreadnought attackman this spring.
Navy Fball's best O-lineman, #72, Center, Ford Higgins, 6' 2", 260 lbs, Sr.
ESPN2 played part of this clip In tonight's Navy-UConn game.
Carc reported that Coach Amplo's going to give him a look this spring.

https://navysports.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=15524

A 2016 graduate of Greater Atlanta Christian School, Higgins was a three-sport athlete who earned letters in football (3), lacrosse (4) and wrestling (1) ... earned All-State (Ga.) and all-county honors in football his senior year ... Touchdown Club of Atlanta award winner as a senior ... a two-time all-county attackman for the lacrosse team, he was also named All-State his senior season ... set school records for most goals scored in a season, most goals scored in a game and most points in a season ... served as captain of the football and lacrosse teams his senior year ...majoring in applied mathematics.
+1
So, now that Navy has dispatched Army and taken back the CIC Trophy, it's on to the AutoZone Liberty Bowl vs. Kansas State to whoop the Wildcats in Memphis. After that, Ford Higgins can take a few well deserved days off and then ready himself for his "lax attack look"...maybe he can bring along Malcom Perry for a look at M or DM too! :idea: :)

A most memorable 2020 season is just around the corner for the MLax Mids. GO NAVY!
Nice Liberty Bowl W over Kansas State ... Nice to see Ford Higgins (#34...A...6'2" - 260lbs) on the MLax roster ...
https://navysports.com/sports/mens-lacr ... gins/17861
Where's Malcom? :)
old salt wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 6:58 pm ...on the Patriots draft list.
Ford muscle attacking the cage for 2020 Navy MLax... ;) ...will be quite a ride... :)

GO MIDS!

oldjayfan

Post by oldjayfan »

Nice win by Team USA(Coach Danowski, Tierney and AMPLO) over a pesky Team Japan! This coaching experience will help give the Mids momentum heading into the season!
Lenwood117

Post by Lenwood117 »

oldjayfan wrote: Mon Jan 06, 2020 8:48 am Nice win by Team USA(Coach Danowski, Tierney and AMPLO) over a pesky Team Japan! This coaching experience will help give the Mids momentum heading into the season!
Why would it help?
laxguywm

Post by laxguywm »

Is Japan on their schedule ?
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

They’ll know how to beat shorties.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Others may already have seen it, but the Navy 2020 MLax roster is up (although without bios for the plebes): https://navysports.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster

BIG roster -- something like 66 names by my count -- but I assume this is a result of bringing back the JV lax program and listing everyone altogether?

A few other things:
  • Ford Higgins is on the roster, as predicted on this thread;
  • The plebes are a mix of direct entries and those coming from NAPS; without bios, it would not be easy for me to see how many direct entries vs. NAPSters BUT I was very happy to see Navy's highest ranked 2019 recruit, Henry Rentz from Severn, on the roster. I've seen Rentz and he's a good athlete -- wouldn't be surprised to see him get a lot of meaningful minutes this year. Another good direct entry guy is James Flannery whom I saw play at Georgetown Prep. (Also am glad to see 2018 Bullis grad Kyle Fairbanks, a really savvy D-man, has come via NAPS.) . Glad to see that they are all on the Yard and there's less of a chance of a John Tillman poaching :lol:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Don’t think there is a JV team, if there were, then I am quite sure Navy cannot have a club team compete in the MCLA.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

Navy used to have both a JV & a NCLL Club team.

The last few years under RM, the JV was varsity reserves playing JUCOs & NAPS.
No separate practices, coaches or rosters.
The last year I remember a full JV sched was 2007, maybe a few games in '08, I recall JV vs NAPS in '09.
Several stalwarts in the class of 2010 gained valuable game experience on the JV.

Can you go MCLA if you have a NCAA varsity ?
I though that's why the NCLL existed, for schools with NCAA varsity teams.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

My mistake on league, yes Navy has D1 Varsity and NCLL (not MCLA). It was my understanding you could not have a D1 varsity, JV, and an NCLL program. Hopefully I am wrong.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jan 11, 2020 10:27 pm My mistake on league, yes Navy has D1 Varsity and NCLL (not MCLA). It was my understanding you could not have a D1 varsity, JV, and an NCLL program. Hopefully I am wrong.
I had jumped to a conclusion, based on the large roster size and that I saw a reference on Twitter this fall to NAPS lacrosse playing against "Navy JV." I know people had mentioned on this thread that Coach Amplo was going to keep a larger roster than had been the case. It sounds like this is what old salt mentioned as the way things were done in the RM era -- not a separate JV (don't know who they'd play, these days) but a bigger roster and then reserves play NAPS (and maybe some JUCOs?).
old salt

Post by old salt »

In that fall ball event, there were 2 game scrimmages.
The Blue - Gold scrimmage, which looked to be the #1A unit /#2 team D vs #2 A unit/#1 team D,
with the O midfield seemingly evenly divided, 7-8 middies per team.

Then the varsity roster players who saw the least time in the B-G game played NAPS.

In the end, everybody got significant playing time.
It was good fun & spirited competition.
The varsity players who played in the B-G game stayed on the sideline & cheered on their teammates vs NAPS.
Between games, the Coaching staff came into the stands & addressed the families. It was all very encouraging.

I don't know if it's feasible or worthwhile to again play a limited "JV" sched using varsity reserves vs NAPS (when in town) & nearby JUCOs.
but it makes for some entertaining Rip Miller lacrosse & might be good team building fun, if it's worth the time invested.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

laxxygilmore

Post by laxxygilmore »

Well done indeed. Quite an honor.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Isn’t Higgins the 6’2 260 lb senior football player expected to start at attack who scored 71? goals his senior year of HS? If so was he taking advantage of physical maturity and size or is he that skilled ?
Bravo 3

Post by Bravo 3 »

Ricky has landed at Gilman , just what that offense needed :D

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”