UMD in a close one
39%
UVa in a close one
21%

Total votes: 87

Wheels

Re: Virginia v Maryland

Post by Wheels »

KI Dock Bar wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:50 pm 2nd midfield of Maltz, Murphy and Brennan (only true middie) along with the starting attack - interesting twist running 5 attack with that unit.
Seems like they thought UVA would stay in a zone the entire game, not just against the 1st MF line. So they're running Maltz through the box. Wonder if Benson will switch that up in the second half.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

PulpExposure wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:53 pm Marylands on-ball defense is absurd. Makar and Zappitello are matched up on Moore and Schellenberger and are just flat out winning those matchups. Zappitello is out in space, pressuring Schellenberger…and winning? Amazing.
Guessing Shellenberger is not 100%. One of his shots (the question mark that went over the bar) was way off. He also passed on a fairly open shot in transition.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

PulpExposure wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 3:53 pm Marylands on-ball defense is absurd. Makar and Zappitello are matched up on Moore and Schellenberger and are just flat out winning those matchups. Zappitello is out in space, pressuring Schellenberger…and winning? Amazing.
UVA is also trying to force Rahill into an on-ball spot. He held up against Moore earlier but did hedge too early off-ball twice to give up goals. Maryland's shorties are as advertised. McNaney had to make 5 saves in the 1st quarter but didn't have any in the 2nd quarter. Terps still up 5. The defense is so good.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

When you practice against this style offense, your defense is bound to rise above others.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:12 pm
When you practice against this style offense, your defense is bound to rise above others.
That’s right.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

I've never seen a team outscheme or outwork or outwhatever the other in the sub game the way UMD is doing to UVA today. It's like half their goals.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jrn19 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:16 pm I've never seen a team outscheme or outwork or outwhatever the other in the sub game the way UMD is doing to UVA today. It's like half their goals.
we're shaving points.
MoralTerpitude

Post by MoralTerpitude »

youthathletics wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:12 pm
Makar has actually said this before. And speaking of Makar… this is as good as I’ve seen him play this year. Erasing Moore.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:16 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:16 pm I've never seen a team outscheme or outwork or outwhatever the other in the sub game the way UMD is doing to UVA today. It's like half their goals.
we're shaving points.
Rough one today. Maryland has a machine.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
b1w7o9y7h

Post by b1w7o9y7h »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:24 pm
wgdsr wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:16 pm
we're shaving points.
Rough one today. Maryland has a machine.
It's gonna take a Syracuse vs. Hopkins 1983 kind of comeback from Virginia. Don't see it happening with Maryland's army of the undead unleashing hell all over the field. A bit scary, to be honest.... :shock:
KI Dock Bar

Post by KI Dock Bar »

Maybe Lars should switch Nunes out...has to be demoralizing getting pummeled like this.
masondixonlax

Post by masondixonlax »

That was such a BS goal. Why did they make MD redo the clear. incompetence
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Maryland is playing a different sport than everyone else.

I’m sure Tillman will reload with the portal following this championship season. The scraps that fall off the Maryland 5 star laden roster will find spots at Towson, Stony Brook and other mid majors.

I’m hoping someone will give them a game next weekend…but I doubt it.
mountainred

Post by mountainred »

Henpecked wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:35 pm Maryland is playing a different sport than everyone else.

I’m sure Tillman will reload with the portal following this championship season. The scraps that fall off the Maryland 5 star laden roster will find spots at Towson, Stony Brook and other mid majors.

Princeton was competitive in the regular season match up; it was 13-10 midway through the 4th. So, the Tigers could be frisky.

If the final is Maryland/Rutgers -- with all due respect to the Knights, we've seen that movie twice this year.
If the final is Maryland/Cornell -- The Big Red haven't looked great on short rest, and they would need their A+ game and maybe some heavenly assistance from Coach Moran.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

mountainred wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:53 pm
Henpecked wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:35 pm Maryland is playing a different sport than everyone else.

Princeton was competitive in the regular season match up; it was 13-10 midway through the 4th. So, the Tigers could be frisky.

If the final is Maryland/Rutgers -- with all due respect to the Knights, we've seen that movie twice this year.
If the final is Maryland/Cornell -- The Big Red haven't looked great on short rest, and they would need their A+ game and maybe some heavenly assistance from Coach Moran.
I hope you’re right. It’s not a lot of fun watching non-competitive games.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

This game is dragging on too long,

just close it out already.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Put in the scrubs.
Laxter

Post by Laxter »

Refs allowing Terps thuggery. Shocking. On-brand I guess. All class
Chousnake

Post by Chousnake »

So much for the "game of the weekend" and the "de facto national championship." Maryland likely wins the title, but UVA showed nothing today that they are the second best team in the country. Maryland is stacked, but this game was never competitive.
CU77

Post by CU77 »

Peter Brown wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 7:02 am
CU77 wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 9:21 pm
Peter Brown wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 8:13 pm Terps are the underdogs.
So you'll give me the Terps and how many points??
As soon as I collect my guaranteed winnings on Delaware beating Cornell, I’ll be liquid enough to lay some bets on UVA/MD. Stand by.
I'm still standing by ... :lol:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”