ASUN Conference 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
gymman1031

ASUN Conference 2022

Post by gymman1031 »

Predicting a Utah-Air Force rematch in the conference championship game.
gymman1031

Re: ASUN Conference 2022

Post by gymman1031 »

Looks like it will be Utah, Air Force, Robert Morris, and Bellarmine in the conference tournament.
Surfs_Up

Post by Surfs_Up »

An RMU vs Utah championship is such an interesting story. Great to see coach Mckim doing so well.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Wow! Utah and Bellarmine knotted at 7 in the Third. Didn’t see this one coming.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Did anyone get to see Utah’s OT win?
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

On TV. Goal to send it to OT was the highlight. Time expired while ball was in the air.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

If Utah lost, would the Conf winner be in the play- in?
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Mr3Putt wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:33 pm If Utah lost, would the Conf winner be in the play- in?
I am thinking yes. But not 100% sure.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

IMO, Asun would be in the play-in Weds game IF Utah does not win it.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Four play in teams I’m assuming ASUn even w Utah would be one of them.

MAAC for sure
AE/NEC/SoCon/ASUN comprise the other 3 so it’s Utah, St Joes/Hobart,UVM, Jax

Utah probably shakes up ahead of Bart, not sure on the other three. Then there’s the travel piece which I’m presuming will affect the play in team selections.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:01 am Four play in teams I’m assuming ASUn even w Utah would be one of them.

MAAC for sure

Utah probably shakes up ahead of Bart, not sure on the other three. Then there’s the travel piece which I’m presuming will affect the play in team selections.
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it is UMBC and Richmond from the America East Conference and Southern Conference respectively. Especially Richmond in the Southern Conference.
fatherof2

Post by fatherof2 »

RMU better hope their AD filled out the paperwork to host potential play in game ahead of time.
He did not in 2018 which is why they had to travel to Canisius that year.
DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS
cross that T, dot that i.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

gymman1031 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:10 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:01 am Four play in teams I’m assuming ASUn even w Utah would be one of them.

MAAC for sure

I wouldn't be one bit surprised if it is UMBC and Richmond from the America East Conference and Southern Conference respectively. Especially Richmond in the Southern Conference.
Forgot about Richmond. Both would be ahead of Utah I think. Doubt UMBC beats UVM but if they do then they’d be in a play in for sure.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

fatherof2 wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:12 am RMU better hope their AD filled out the paperwork to host potential play in game ahead of time.
He did not in 2018 which is why they had to travel to Canisius that year.
DETAILS DETAILS DETAILS
cross that T, dot that i.
Our old AD at Bart made a huge mistake on paperwork many many times from not filing properly for D1 eligibility for kids to not filing to host a round 2 playoff football game when we’re we’re the regional 2 seed in 2000 (beat a Mass school in rd 1 then had to go to Widener and get creamed in rd 2) and kept his job until he decided to retire and put all his people in place.
See Martin, Malcolm
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:43 am

MAAC for sure

Forgot about Richmond. Both would be ahead of Utah I think. Doubt UMBC beats UVM but if they do then they’d be in a play in for sure.
I agree about all that. And yes, from the way UVM is playing, and since they will be at home, while I wouldn't be surprised if UMBC beats, them, I definitely am not predicting that to happen.
Homer

Post by Homer »

MAAC for sure

I would be very surprised if we see the SoCon winner in the play-in. It'll either be 15-2 Jacksonville that was ranked #10 in the committee's pre-release, hasn't lost since then, and would have 4 QWs. Or an 11-4 Richmond that beat Virginia and sits higher in the RPI than any other than any other team mentioned here. I'm honestly at a loss as to why anybody would project either of those teams to the play-in.

Here's how I'd see it:

MAAC for sure is right. Also America East for sure.

If you have an 8-8 Towson winning the CAA, that's probably your third play-in team, unless Hobart and RoMo both win. If UDel wins, they'd have a good chance of jumping St. Joe's because they beat the Hawks head-to-head, plus the Hens have the Hopkins win that may end up being Top 20. St. Joe's best win is Towson.

If the favorites/top seeds all win, I think your play-in teams would be St. Bonaventure, Vermont, St. Joe's, and Delaware. UDel versus Utah is a close call, but with a thumb on the scale for travel costs, they're more likely to stick the Hens with the extra game.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Homer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 8:50 am

MAAC for sure

I would be very surprised if we see the SoCon winner in the play-in. It'll either be 15-2 Jacksonville that was ranked #10 in the committee's pre-release, hasn't lost since then, and would have 4 QWs. Or an 11-4 Richmond that beat Virginia and sits higher in the RPI than any other than any other team mentioned here. I'm honestly at a loss as to why anybody would project either of those teams to the play-in.

Here's how I'd see it:

MAAC for sure is right. Also America East for sure.

If you have an 8-8 Towson winning the CAA, that's probably your third play-in team, unless Hobart and RoMo both win. If UDel wins, they'd have a good chance of jumping St. Joe's because they beat the Hawks head-to-head, plus the Hens have the Hopkins win that may end up being Top 20. St. Joe's best win is Towson.

If the favorites/top seeds all win, I think your play-in teams would be St. Bonaventure, Vermont, St. Joe's, and Delaware. UDel versus Utah is a close call, but with a thumb on the scale for travel costs, they're more likely to stick the Hens with the extra game.
Agreed I threw SoCon in fairly lazily because usually you wouldn’t have CAA/AE being so weak and historically you didn’t have the Asun/SoCon split. Haven’t looked closely but wondered about CAA being in the mix.

I thought Hop was definitively going to fall out of top 20 pretty much regardless of what happens throughout the weekend.

Travel will definitely play a role. The NCAA doesn’t care about last month play in AQ vs Play in if it saves them on travel costs.

Are you sure Utah is ahead of both St Joes and UVM though?

Could work out well for Bart in that they could easily go to Cornell and/or play St Bonny if they win the NEC. Seems like almost a lock if Cornell gets a half decent seed. Either way Hobart will almost definitely end up at an IVY, suppose possibly Rutgers, than UND/GT I would think.
See Martin, Malcolm
Homer

Post by Homer »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:03 am
Ahead of UVM, yes. It's a massive gap in RPI and UVM lost to Utah at home. Utah shows better on all the other committee metrics too.

Ahead of St. Joe's? No, I'm not sure of that one at all. I tend to think Utah's win over Jacksonville gives them the edge, but I could be completely wrong about that. Again, though, this is one where St. Joe's is likely to be pretty easy to bus another play-in AQ to.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Homer wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:19 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 9:03 am
Ahead of UVM, yes. It's a massive gap in RPI and UVM lost to Utah at home. Utah shows better on all the other committee metrics too.

Ahead of St. Joe's? No, I'm not sure of that one at all. I tend to think Utah's win over Jacksonville gives them the edge, but I could be completely wrong about that. Again, though, this is one where St. Joe's is likely to be pretty easy to bus another play-in AQ to.
Makes sense thanks. I look at various rpis (because there’s different sources that somehow for a basic formula are calculated differently) like 3x per season not that frequently so didn’t know but felt fluke looking at Utah and St Joes schedules seemed fairly equal. UVM had a bad start to the season but seem pretty hot now. Look at McConveys numbers the last month. He’s been ridiculous. F UVA for picking him up early and no one else paying attention! (Hobart has now won 5 straight after a mid season injury plagued swoon and could be also in that “hot”category if they do anything remotely close in the NEC finals to what they’ve don in their last two games)

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/player/122907
See Martin, Malcolm
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

Predictions for Utah-RMU? A close one?