unreasonable
9%
unreasonable and unfortunate
61%

Total votes: 56

wgdsr

ivy league poll: for ivy leaguers only: mitigation efforts

Post by wgdsr »

voting is for ivy leaguers only. thank you.
faircornell

Re: ivy league poll: for ivy leaguers only: mitigation efforts

Post by faircornell »

I was encouraged that the Cornell/Syracuse basketball game went forward this week as a measure of the Cornell administration's willingness to take some risks.

I presume that added caution, testing when students return from Winter Break, and boosters will help the possibility of spring sports across the Ivies.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Why are we trying to mitigate a hoax? 99.99% of the stockholders in Moderna and Pfizer are Ivy Leaguers and include everyone in the Trump family (follow the money, you heard it here first).
TNLAX

Post by TNLAX »

faircornell wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:18 am I was encouraged that the Cornell/Syracuse basketball game went forward this week as a measure of the Cornell administration's willingness to take some risks.

I presume that added caution, testing when students return from Winter Break, and boosters will help the possibility of spring sports across the Ivies.
Please help a State U alum understand how the booster will help college students? The vaccines and boosters don't prevent someone from getting COVID and college age students are at little to no risk of serious illness, let alone hospitalization. I do think everyone who is in a high risk category of getting ill from COVID should get the vaccines.

According to CDC more college students die of alcohol related incidents. Why do schools still sell alcohol on campus? If alcohol kills more collage students shouldn't we be trying to protect the kids from alcohol and not allow alcohol anywhere on campus, even for the students who are of legal drinking age?

Where are the student protests like in the 1960's and 70's? Take back your schools! :D
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Since we are talking about protocols, does anyone have the number of competitions canceled this academic year? How is this different from Ivy League protocols?

https://www.wfsb.com/news/uconn-announc ... 4.amp.html

I don’t understand the fixation at this point.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
calourie

Post by calourie »

I have a suspicion non-Ivy Leaguers are registering votes here. Why can't non-Ivy Leaguers follow even simple directions?
Typical Lax Dad

calourie wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:19 am I have a suspicion non-Ivy Leaguers are registering votes here. Why can't non-Ivy Leaguers follow even simple directions?
UCONN has the same second semester plan and it’s in keeping with the anticipated declination in spread like a lot of colleges across the country. I will think about Ivy League season cancellations when it’s announced. I don’t understand the fixation and the nexus with politics.
Jldlax

Post by Jldlax »

calourie wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:19 am I have a suspicion non-Ivy Leaguers are registering votes here. Why can't non-Ivy Leaguers follow even simple directions?
Because they are not elite.
raddadsofficial

Post by raddadsofficial »

thank you for this, finally a credentialed poll that we can trust 🤝
a global lifestyle movement and fashion house for Dads of extraordinary taste.
🏆 '16, '18, '21 & '22 NYC Fall, '19 SF Winter & '19 Boulder Spring ULAX " World Champions " 🏆
https://linktr.ee/raddadsofficial
instagram: @raddadsofficial
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'm not one of them but I suspect you're right.
Without them though, I also suspect the only
votes would go to number one or number two.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

I would like to see the argument for three over four.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Just so all 4 votes can’t be dismissed, I’m an Ivy alum and voted 4. 😁

Happy New Year everyone! Here’s to an awesome 2022 lax season!
Typical Lax Dad

HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Most serious colleges are going remote for January. Many have pushed back the start of their semesters. Virtually none of these "mitigation efforts" are exclusive to the Ivy League. Pretty much the only thing is Princeton's "don't leave campus until Feb. 15" rule and that horse was already beaten to death in the Princeton thread.

Ivies are going to play this year. Won't be without some hiccups and frustrations. But they'll play.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

TNLAX wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:44 am
faircornell wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 12:18 am I was encouraged that the Cornell/Syracuse basketball game went forward this week as a measure of the Cornell administration's willingness to take some risks.

Please help a State U alum understand how the booster will help college students? The vaccines and boosters don't prevent someone from getting COVID and college age students are at little to no risk of serious illness, let alone hospitalization. I do think everyone who is in a high risk category of getting ill from COVID should get the vaccines.

According to CDC more college students die of alcohol related incidents. Why do schools still sell alcohol on campus? If alcohol kills more collage students shouldn't we be trying to protect the kids from alcohol and not allow alcohol anywhere on campus, even for the students who are of legal drinking age?

Where are the student protests like in the 1960's and 70's? Take back your schools! :D
Well, the booster is supposed to give added protection against the Omicron varient, and antibodies fade over time with the vaccine. Also, these precautions guard against the most serious of illness and hospitalization. Finally, students come in contact with faculty and staff who may be in higher risk groups.

I don't dispute your arguments about alcohol abuse being a bad thing. However, I do think that for $60,000 a year, schools owe it to students to keep them safe and give them a sports season in which to participate or spectate. If the inconvenience is an added shot and a bid of caution in crowded spaces, my personal view is that it's a small price to pay for in-person association.
Last edited by faircornell on Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Well, the booster is supposed to give added protection against the Omicron varient, and antibodies fade over time with the vaccine. Also, these precautions guard against the most serious of illness and hospitalization. Finally, students come in contact with faculty and staff who may be in higher risk groups.

I don't dispute your arguments about alcohol abuse being a bad thing. However, I do think that for $60,000 a year, schools owe it to students to keep them safe and give them a sports season in which to participate or spectate. If the inconvenience is an added shot and a bid of caution in crowded spaces, my personal view is that it's a small price to pay for in-person association.
Last edited by faircornell on Sat Jan 01, 2022 1:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

I feel discriminated against just reading this post, I know all the Ivy educated posters are smarter that us peasants. I need a safe space to express my hurt feelings, maybe I can visit one of your campuses and use one?
Typical Lax Dad

xxxxxxx wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:53 pm I feel discriminated against just reading this post, I know all the Ivy educated posters are smarter that us peasants. I need a safe space to express my hurt feelings, maybe I can visit one of your campuses and use one?
Just take a trip to see your kid play.
Typical Lax Dad

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:04 pm Most serious colleges are going remote for January. Many have pushed back the start of their semesters. Virtually none of these "mitigation efforts" are exclusive to the Ivy League. Pretty much the only thing is Princeton's "don't leave campus until Feb. 15" rule and that horse was already beaten to death in the Princeton thread.

Ivies are going to play this year. Won't be without some hiccups and frustrations. But they'll play.
It’s really remarkable the way these folks are behaving.
Typical Lax Dad

faircornell wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 7:47 pm

Well, the booster is supposed to give added protection against the Omicron varient, and antibodies fade over time with the vaccinate. Also, these precautions guard against the most serious of illness and hospitalization. Finally, students come in contact with faculty and staff who may be in higher risk groups.

And this: https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/the-t- ... 1640906490

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”