IL top 50 players 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: IL top 50 players 2022

Post by Matnum PI »

OCanada wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:00 pm...Top is an undefined term best I can tell. It seems people are reading into top the criteria they would use not the criteria IL used. Not that i can define their critera
Number 8 will shock you! is also undefined...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Gatsby

Post by Gatsby »

maddog9718 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:36 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 11:38 am
Henpecked wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:43 am These IL top 50 lists are purely click bait...
Each page is littered with ads and you can only see the list via slideshow. To each their own but... I dunno... I have to say, I don't love this business choice by Inside Lacrosse. This is literally the same tactic used by the 25 Celebrities who Wish these Pictures were never taken! websites. But, again, to each their own.
Number 8 will shock you!

Seriously. If someone at IL reads this thread, please never do a slideshow again. Ever. They are the worst form of delivering information on the internet.
Can I jump onboard and say that I hated this list, from the mixing of men and women players, which really just dilutes both because instead of being the #5 top player, that person is #11 or whatever. I assume IL did that to force people to pay attention to the other list. The ads thrown in the middle and the slow trickle of showing a few reveals per day. I understand why they did what they did (for the clicks) but it deserves to be called out. On top of that, it wasn't even a good list as some choices were surprising.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Can Opener wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:29 pm
1. They should buy FanLax and bring all this traffic over to their site, expanding readership and boosting their anemic "comments" sections
IL has a Forum.
It is wretched.
They tried competing, forum wise, with Laxpower
and got pummelled.

No way they compete with FanLax, the Sabre,
Terps lacrosse board, and other boards.
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

Inside Lacrosse is outright silly sometimes. The omissions here (and some replacements) are nuts. Rolldodge mentioned McElroy of Georgetown. Not only is he the returning first team AA goalie as voted by the only body that matters, the USILA, but IL also voted him first team last year AND for the shortened 2020 season. And they keep him out of the top 50 while putting three women goalies in there? The same goes for Jack Hannah of Denver. First team AA midfielder from USILA last season and by IL both in 2021 and 2020. I believe both were also first team last year by USA Lacrosse Magazine. The other guy blatantly left off IMO is McElroy’s teammate Gibson Smith. USILA had him 2nd team last season and HM in 2019 (USILA did not declare AAs in the short 2020 season). IL had Smith HM last season, first team in 2020 and 3rd team in 2019. IL doesn’t even stick to its knitting!

Iorin already mentioned Marcus Hudgins of Army and Ryan Lanchbury of Richmond. Both are AAs in more than one season. Others would could also be worthy of this list IMO are Joe Robertson of Duke, Kevin Lindley of Loyola and Keegan Khan of Maryland. I’m sure there are plenty of others out there as well, but the point is that IL has proven itself once again not very credible.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Comeonman wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:21 pm Inside Lacrosse is outright silly sometimes...
Another click bait trick is to hide the thing the potential reader will be looking for. For example, your click banner will be a picture of Farrah Fawcett or whoever with a tagline of You'd Never Believe What Her Daughter Looks Like Naked! and hen you have tons of pics but none of Farrah's daughter and... People will click until infinity. Or... 50 Best College Football Teams of All-Time and they never put the teams that people are looking for and, as a consequence, people will look at all 50 teams instead of looking at 8 or 15 or whatever before saying, Yup! There UMich '89 is! It's all about the clicks...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:46 pm
Comeonman wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:21 pm Inside Lacrosse is outright silly sometimes...
Another click bait trick is to hide the thing the potential reader will be looking for. For example, your click banner will be a picture of Farrah Fawcett or whoever with a tagline of You'd Never Believe What Her Daughter Looks Like Naked! and hen you have tons of pics but none of Farrah's daughter and... People will click until infinity. Or... 50 Best College Football Teams of All-Time and they never put the teams that people are looking for and, as a consequence, people will look at all 50 teams instead of looking at 8 or 15 or whatever before saying, Yup! There UMich '89 is! It's all about the clicks...
Clickety clickety clickety clack!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Om_EngEXWxs
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”