Rutgers 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
10stone5

Re: Rutgers 2022

Post by 10stone5 »

The ACC doesn’t “steal” an At Large.
If the ACC had an AQ, you’d have one less At Large.
There’d be 11 AQs and 7 At Larges instead.
This year, assuming the ASUN does get one, there will be
10 AQs and 8 At Large with two play in.
Loyola got in with an At Large last year, barely, and made the most
of their opportunity, they beat Georgetown which was their
ticket to the dance.
The year end conference tournaments give the ACC and the
Big Ten the year end boost to potentially get the lion’s share
of At Large berths, this isn’t exactly news, some years its the
Ivies, but usually its the ACC and the B1G.
Last edited by 10stone5 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Drop hop as affiliate member and go to at large or bust.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

RURICK wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:23 pm wgdsr, With all due respect, I do not appreciate your last sarcastic comment/response to my questions suggesting that I can't understand how the rules work. I understand perfectly, just don't agree. My point is the rules apply and work perfectly for the ACC. The ACC has been able to avoid going to a 6th team and having a conference tournament, as the BIG TEN and other conferences were required to do. As I previously pointed out, I feel that gives an unfair advatage to the ACC regarding recruiting. As in all sports, the recruits' primary interest is their potential to play on a team that regularly makes the tourney. So, the bottom line is the ACC does not need to play for an AQ bid and they steal an extra at large bid. If that same opportunity was afforded all conferences, ALL would take it. I am sure you don't agree. Just my opinion. RULES change all the time in the NCAA, like NIL agreements and the expanded portal. I played college soccer at Rutgers and personally, I think the NIL and the transfer portal will ultimately ruin college sports as we know it. It will translate into pro sports. Basketball and football have already been affected, lacrosse and other non revenue sports to a lesser degee. Peace out.
People don't take you seriously because you can't/ don't defend your claims with any logic and are such a homer. The D1 end of season Media Poll had UVA#1 UNC #3, Notre Dame #4, Duke #5, Cuse #11. Suspect the other polls will be roughly similar. I guess you are suggesting that despite Cuse being ranked #11, Cuse shouldn't have been included as one of the top 18 teams selected for the tournament? In your bizarro world, we need to spread it around so no need to include the top 18 teams.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

RURICK wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:23 pm wgdsr, With all due respect, I do not appreciate your last sarcastic comment/response to my questions suggesting that I can't understand how the rules work. I understand perfectly, just don't agree. My point is the rules apply and work perfectly for the ACC. The ACC has been able to avoid going to a 6th team and having a conference tournament, as the BIG TEN and other conferences were required to do. As I previously pointed out, I feel that gives an unfair advatage to the ACC regarding recruiting. As in all sports, the recruits' primary interest is their potential to play on a team that regularly makes the tourney. So, the bottom line is the ACC does not need to play for an AQ bid and they steal an extra at large bid. If that same opportunity was afforded all conferences, ALL would take it. I am sure you don't agree. Just my opinion. RULES change all the time in the NCAA, like NIL agreements and the expanded portal. I played college soccer at Rutgers and personally, I think the NIL and the transfer portal will ultimately ruin college sports as we know it. It will translate into pro sports. Basketball and football have already been affected, lacrosse and other non revenue sports to a lesser degee. Peace out.
rurick, tho i've been known to do it, my post to you on this was not sarcastic. yes, we don't agree. peace. season's around the corner.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

blue angels, I am a Rutgers fan posting on the Rutgers page. By definition, I am a homer. Nothing else you stated comes even close to making any sense. By the way, which team are you a homer for or are you just a casual lax fan, lol.? Only a punk makes the kind of statements you make on every teams pages.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

10stone5, you just made my point. The ACC is the only major conference that does NOT have a conference tournament. Maryland left the ACC and along with hopkins, gave the BIG TEN 6 teams so that they could have a tournament. That's the point. The ACC did not replace Maryland with another team. Why? That was supposed to be the requirement for conference alignment.Why was the ACC exempt from this? That is all i am asking.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Using the logic of % of teams playing that make the NCAA tournament, why is it ok that 80-100% of the ACC teams make the big dance but less than 25% of the total teams playing lax make it? Maybe the ACC should get the Conference Champ and one at large?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Because, then the incentive would be to get as many
schools in your conference as possible.
The NEC has 9 teams, so that would mean two NCAA
bids, regardless.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

RURICK wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:43 pm blue angels, I am a Rutgers fan posting on the Rutgers page. By definition, I am a homer. Nothing else you stated comes even close to making any sense. By the way, which team are you a homer for or are you just a casual lax fan, lol.? Only a punk makes the kind of statements you make on every teams pages.
Interesting....... Resort to Name calling when you are incapable of making convincing arguments. That's what adolescents do when frustrated. Glad our teams aren't rivals and unlikely to cross each other.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

RURICK wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:57 pm 10stone5, you just made my point. The ACC is the only major conference that does NOT have a conference tournament. Maryland left the ACC and along with hopkins, gave the BIG TEN 6 teams so that they could have a tournament. That's the point. The ACC did not replace Maryland with another team. Why? That was supposed to be the requirement for conference alignment.Why was the ACC exempt from this? That is all i am asking.
I think technically, as far as the NCAA Lacrosse tournament selection committee goes, the ACC is not a conference (it was, but only briefly). The ACC teams can only earn all At-Large bids. When they held their ACC tournament, as far as the objective portion of the NCAA Selection committee criteria, those were merely extra games (which of course boosted their RPI and SOS).
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

The ACC looked at adding two teams at one point in time for lax only. They were Loyola and Hopkins. The ADs from non lax schools didn't like the idea. The AD from WF was quoted to me as saying Hopkins would win an ACC title over his dead body. The B1G added Hopkins and MD to solidify its tv market in the mid atlantic and gain an AQ.

NC State had a team at one time and did qualify for the tourney a couple of times i think.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

OCanada wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:27 am The ACC looked at adding two teams at one point in time for lax only. They were Loyola and Hopkins. The ADs from non lax schools didn't like the idea. The AD from WF was quoted to me as saying Hopkins would win an ACC title over his dead body. The B1G added Hopkins and MD to solidify its tv market in the mid atlantic and gain an AQ.

NC State had a team at one time and did qualify for the tourney a couple of times i think.
Adding Maryland had nothing to do with lacrosse.

Post by 1766 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:46 am
OCanada wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:27 am The ACC looked at adding two teams at one point in time for lax only. They were Loyola and Hopkins. The ADs from non lax schools didn't like the idea. The AD from WF was quoted to me as saying Hopkins would win an ACC title over his dead body. The B1G added Hopkins and MD to solidify its tv market in the mid atlantic and gain an AQ.

Maryland quickly jumped to the B1G when offered membership. Adding Hopkins was a small negotiating point. There will be more teams added in the future, including yes, Notre Dame.

Post by 1766 »

InsiderRoll wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:46 am

Maryland quickly jumped to the B1G when offered membership. Adding Hopkins was a small negotiating point. There will be more teams added in the future, including yes, Notre Dame.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

InsiderRoll, Maryland was added primarily for their TV market and the fact that Maryland wanted to join the Big Ten as they and Rutgers matched up with the other Big ten schools who were also major research institutions and state universities whereas 11-15 members, i believe, are private universities so academically, it was also a better fit. As to lacrosse, Maryland was a name brand in the sport and so the Big ten wanted to make the conference more attractive for recruits. As far as Rutgers, they have played lacrosse since 1887, have the NY market, and always belonged in the Big ten. It was the best match for them as well. Hopkins chose the BIG probably due to 3 reasons; perceived excellent academic affiliation,better chance at a AQ bid to the tourney, and the ACC afraid to take them in due to the fact that Hopkins had, based on their history in the sport, a good chance to win in their conference. Both Rutgers and Maryland have benefitted greatly academically, financially, and athletically, as the two big ten revenue sports, basketball and football are arguably, top to bottom , the best in the country.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

blueangels, you are hilarious. Reread most of your own posts on other teams websites and you don't just disagree, which is commonplace and perfectly acceptable for all posters, but instead, you degrade and denounce anyone that you don't agree with. That is fact. So, i standby my previous and only "name calling", you are, indeed, a punk. Be well and good luck against any other team except Rutgers, lol.

Post by 1766 »

RURICK wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:00 pm InsiderRoll, Maryland was added primarily for their TV market and the fact that Maryland wanted to join the Big Ten as they and Rutgers matched up with the other Big ten schools who were also major research institutions and state universities whereas 11-15 members, i believe, are private universities so academically, it was also a better fit. As to lacrosse, Maryland was a name brand in the sport and so the Big ten wanted to make the conference more attractive for recruits. As far as Rutgers, they have played lacrosse since 1887, have the NY market, and always belonged in the Big ten. It was the best match for them as well. Hopkins chose the BIG probably due to 3 reasons; perceived excellent academic affiliation,better chance at a AQ bid to the tourney, and the ACC afraid to take them in due to the fact that Hopkins had, based on their history in the sport, a good chance to win in their conference. Both Rutgers and Maryland have benefitted greatly academically, financially, and athletically, as the two big ten revenue sports, basketball and football are arguably, top to bottom , the best in the country.
I would also add that the Big Ten has benefitted greatly from the additions of Maryland and Rutgers. The added eyeballs from those two DMV's was monetized to the tune of doubling revenues.

The B1G media rights are up again and currently being negotiated. The next deal is going to be highly significant. So much so, it's going to re-shape conference affiliations, once again. From a conference perspective, the Acc, Big 12, and Pac 12 are getting further and further behind in the money game.
RURICK

Post by RURICK »

1766, We can always count on you for factual and intelligent commentary.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

RURICK wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 1:00 pm InsiderRoll, Maryland was added primarily for their TV market and the fact that Maryland wanted to join the Big Ten as they and Rutgers matched up with the other Big ten schools who were also major research institutions and state universities whereas 11-15 members, i believe, are private universities so academically, it was also a better fit. As to lacrosse, Maryland was a name brand in the sport and so the Big ten wanted to make the conference more attractive for recruits. As far as Rutgers, they have played lacrosse since 1887, have the NY market, and always belonged in the Big ten. It was the best match for them as well. Hopkins chose the BIG probably due to 3 reasons; perceived excellent academic affiliation,better chance at a AQ bid to the tourney, and the ACC afraid to take them in due to the fact that Hopkins had, based on their history in the sport, a good chance to win in their conference. Both Rutgers and Maryland have benefitted greatly academically, financially, and athletically, as the two big ten revenue sports, basketball and football are arguably, top to bottom , the best in the country.
Yes I’m very well aware of why they were added. I’m just saying that B1G leadership at no point considered lacrosse in adding Rutgers and Maryland. It was entirely a football decision. I’m very well aware that Maryland be benefited greatly. Their athletic department was nearly bankrupt when they joined the B1G, it saved their athletic department from some serious issues.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

2022 NCAA Lacrosse Preview: No. 10 Rutgers (Men)

ENEMY LINES
What rival coaches say about the Scarlet Knights:

“I think getting the goalie back is huge and arguably the top returning goalie out there. They have a lot of experience. You lose a veteran attackman in Kirst, but defensively, they’re pretty much all back there. They’re all back at the faceoff X. They push the ball and they do what they do, so with some of the transfers, they probably feel like they can just plug and play.”

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”