UPenn Men’s lacrosse

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxfan500

UPenn Men’s lacrosse

Post by Laxfan500 »

Hearing 4 players from UPenn Men’s lacrosse team killed on LI last night in car accident . Tragic news.
DocBarrister

Re: UPenn Men’s lacrosse

Post by DocBarrister »

Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:07 pm Hearing 4 players from UPenn Men’s lacrosse team killed on LI last night in car accident . Tragic news.
Good heavens. Was it this crash?

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/5-dead-one- ... n%20Quogue

Just horrible.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:25 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 2:07 pm Hearing 4 players from UPenn Men’s lacrosse team killed on LI last night in car accident . Tragic news.
Good heavens. Was it this crash?

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/5-dead-one- ... n%20Quogue

Just horrible.

DocBarrister
Yes. Terrible news.
cuseman4133

Post by cuseman4133 »

No current Penn players. Police just ID'd names.

Farhan Zahid, 32, of Bay Shore was driving the Toyota Prius that was struck by a Nissan Maxima driven by Justin B. Mendez, 22, of Brookhaven, police said. Both were killed in the crash. Police said the Maxima crossed the center line and collided with the Prius.

Three passengers in the Prius were also killed, police said: Michael O. Farrell, 20 (Villanova Club Lacrosse), of Manhasset; his brother, James P. Farrell, 25, (Penn grad 2018) of Manhasset; and Ryan J. Kiess, 25 (Scranton grad 2018) of Manhasset. Another passenger in the Prius, Brianna M. Maglio, 22, of Garden City, was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center in critical condition, police said.

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/suf ... 1.50314852
118:24 #HHH
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

cuseman4133 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:04 pm No current Penn players. Police just ID'd names.

Farhan Zahid, 32, of Bay Shore was driving the Toyota Prius that was struck by a Nissan Maxima driven by Justin B. Mendez, 22, of Brookhaven, police said. Both were killed in the crash. Police said the Maxima crossed the center line and collided with the Prius.

Three passengers in the Prius were also killed, police said: Michael O. Farrell, 20 (Villanova Club Lacrosse), of Manhasset; his brother, James P. Farrell, 25, (Penn grad 2018) of Manhasset; and Ryan J. Kiess, 25 (Scranton grad 2018) of Manhasset. Another passenger in the Prius, Brianna M. Maglio, 22, of Garden City, was taken to Peconic Bay Medical Center in critical condition, police said.

Really sad. My heart goes out to the Farrell family.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

cuseman4133 wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:04 pm No current Penn players. Police just ID'd names.

Yes I was just coming on to clarify.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

What a nightmarish tragedy.

If the same James Farrell, he was a 2018 Penn lacrosse captain.

https://pennathletics.com/sports/mens-l ... rrell/4133

Everyone in the crash was so young.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:56 pm

What a nightmarish tragedy.

If the same James Farrell, he was a 2018 Penn lacrosse captain.

https://pennathletics.com/sports/mens-l ... rrell/4133

Everyone in the crash was so young.

DocBarrister
nightmarish tragedy is right.....so friggen sad. Prayers for each family.
Yes same young man.
From UPenn Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/p/CRy4LqNrqZX ... _copy_link
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Incredibly sad.
Prayers to all the families involved.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Not an easy transition from the current thread but, seemingly, it needs to be done at some point...

Any word on how the Quakers look?
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

Penn is having an excellent recruiting year. I've seen some of the Baltimore/DC 2023 guys they've announced as commitments play in club and HS settings and am impressed with the talent (and I haven't seen their CT/MA recruits but they have some very well-regarded guys from that part of the country as well)
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

...and a bunch of good freshmen. Curious to hear how they're fitting in.
Caddy Day
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Handley should be a monster.

Penn’s going to be tough.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I’d like to see them in the finals maybe this year
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:59 pm I’d like to see them in the finals maybe this year
I think Lulley is a big loss. He’s flying under the radar for Duke but is dark horse 1st Team All-American caliber player.

Penn has recruited excellent players the last few years, but there will be some guys who need to prove themselves for that to happen. I’d expect a completely new defense that needs to be broken in. Again, talent is there, experience will need to be gained throughout the year while not dropping too many games early, which has always been a UPenn signature vs that tough schedule. I do think this is the year that they beat Penn State, they haven’t won that game in a while.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

They should indeed be very, very good.

Handley's indeed a Tewey level force.
I'm a big fan of Piper Bond and BJ Farrare; watched them a ton as they came up.

Burkinshaw in net can be a real difference maker as well.

They have a lot of upside.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

UPenn doesn't have the depth of the blue chip programs but for sure they have the talent. Psyched to watch them this season.
Caddy Day
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:19 am
They should indeed be very, very good.

Handley's indeed a Tewey level force.
I'm a big fan of Piper Bond and BJ Farrare; watched them a ton as they came up.

Burkinshaw in net can be a real difference maker as well.

They have a lot of upside.
Farrare is a menace. Really a good player. Looking forward to watching Handley. He’s excellent.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:31 amLooking forward to watching Handley. He’s excellent.
I'm also a Handley fan and... His last game (in the semis?), he seemed to have a lacrosse mental block. something psychological seemed to be negatively effecting his game. He's older, more mature, more experienced and... I'm curious if this is something he's overcome.
Caddy Day

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”