Denver 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DU-fan

Denver 2022

Post by DU-fan »

It is fun to watch some of the Denver players in the PLL.

My prediction of Seniors returning (4):
Jack Hannah Midfield
Riley Curtis Midfield
Ted Sullivan Midfield
Mac Tezak Defense

Incoming Freshman per IL (11):
Jimmy Freehill 2021 D St Sebastians School
Gabe Bowen-Slott 2021 D Culver Academy
Trey Digby 2021 D Valor Christian High School
Ethan Kriss 2021 FO Riverdale Country School
Micaiah Kelly 2021 M Calvert Hall College High School
Ned Forbush 2021 M Friends School of Baltimore
Joe Taraboletti 2021 M Ponte Vedra High School
Andrew Atchison 2021 A Lassiter High School
Dakota Johnson 2021 A Cherry Creek High School
Noah Manning 2021 A Royal Bay Academy
TJ Sheehan 2021 A South Side High School

45 Freshman-Junior players on the current roster

I doubt Denver will carry 60 players this year on the roster. It will be interesting how the summer and fall go.
DU-fan

Re: Denver 2022

Post by DU-fan »

Thoughts on line up and undecided positions.

Denver has a good options at attack and midi. They will need to sort out who takes Colin Squires spot. I suspect Malik Sparrow or AJ Mercurio move to close D. It will be good to see Denver play some of their younger athletic players.

FO:
Alec Stathakis
Brett Boos

Attack:
Alex Simmons
JJ Silstrop
Riley Curtis
Drew Erickson
Johnny Marrocco
Reed Babcock

Midi:
Jack Hannah
Ted Sullivan
Ellis Geis
Sam Dwinell
Ty Badciong
Jack Tuttle

SSDM:
Jake Edinger
Matt Marino

LSDM:
Malik Sparrow
AJ Mercurio

Defense:
Jack DiBenedetto
Adam Hangland
Mac Tezak?

Goalie:
Jack Thompson
FlyEaglesFly

Post by FlyEaglesFly »

I would imagine Denver to be fairly active in the transfer market
cherrylax

Post by cherrylax »

Wouldn't be surprised to see Freehill come in and play right away taking Squires vacancy. Coach T has a history of starting freshman (Cannon, Burgdorf, Reis). Seems to have have great size and feet.

Also going to be interesting where they play Sillstrop next year. I think he probably ends up replacing Morrell at X, but could also see them using Babcock/Morrocco at X and playing Sillstrop on the lefty wing.

dmiddy is also going to be an area that is going to be interesting. Replacing Danny Logan is no small feat, but add in losing Kyle Smith who in my opinion was probably the most underrated players in the country, big shoes to fill.

Taking a look at the current transfer portal it doesn't appear to have any Denver players transferring out, but it'd be interesting to start a discussion on who might be a good fit. Would love to see Donville from Cornell come in and start right away on the first line, but rumor is he's off to the terps. Khan would also be a great fit for the vacant lefty attack spot, but doubt he'd transfer in conference.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

cherrylax wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:52 pm Wouldn't be surprised to see Freehill come in and play right away taking Squires vacancy. Coach T has a history of starting freshman (Cannon, Burgdorf, Reis). Seems to have have great size and feet.

Also going to be interesting where they play Sillstrop next year. I think he probably ends up replacing Morrell at X, but could also see them using Babcock/Morrocco at X and playing Sillstrop on the lefty wing.

dmiddy is also going to be an area that is going to be interesting. Replacing Danny Logan is no small feat, but add in losing Kyle Smith who in my opinion was probably the most underrated players in the country, big shoes to fill.

Taking a look at the current transfer portal it doesn't appear to have any Denver players transferring out, but it'd be interesting to start a discussion on who might be a good fit. Would love to see Donville from Cornell come in and start right away on the first line, but rumor is he's off to the terps. Khan would also be a great fit for the vacant lefty attack spot, but doubt he'd transfer in conference.
It would be great if Jimmy Freehill can fill Squires' spot on defense.

I think Sillstrop will play attack. He was serviceable at midi last year, but it did not play to his strengths.

I see no transfer portal activity for Denver. I suspect it is a result of experiences from this past year with a roster that got too large and the challenges getting a new team to gel with offensive flow.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

@Chris_Jast
Mercyhurst first team All-American attackman Caleb Kueber will do his fifth year at
@DU_MLAX, per a source. The Victoria (B.C.) native led @hurstmlaxtrain with 56 goals and 88 total points in 2021, posting 49g/21a back in 2019.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Puck Swami

Post by Puck Swami »

Matnum PI wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 3:56 pm @Chris_Jast
Mercyhurst first team All-American attackman Caleb Kueber will do his fifth year at
@DU_MLAX, per a source. The Victoria (B.C.) native led @hurstmlaxtrain with 56 goals and 88 total points in 2021, posting 49g/21a back in 2019.
Not sure if a D-II all-American will be able to be a major impact player on a D-I roster like Denver...That said, he's Canadian, and probably has the hands to fit what Matt Brown wants to do up front. We'll see...
shaadb-man

Post by shaadb-man »

Puck Swami wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:33 pm
Not sure if a D-II all-American will be able to be a major impact player on a D-I roster like Denver...That said, he's Canadian, and probably has the hands to fit what Matt Brown wants to do up front. We'll see...
Ya Bertrand and Papa brought nothing to Virginia and Michigan
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

shaadb-man wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:58 pm
Bertrand was on pace to be a 3x National player of the year and was one of the best players ever to play D2. Papa was a part time starter for a 3-9 team. I think Denver has goals of being better than Michigan.
Last edited by InsiderRoll on Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Puck Swami wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 9:33 pm Not sure if a D-II all-American will be able to be a major impact player on a D-I roster like Denver...That said, he's Canadian, and probably has the hands to fit what Matt Brown wants to do up front. We'll see...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
D2fan

Post by D2fan »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 10:04 pm
Bertrand was on pace to be a 3x National player of the year and was one of the best players ever to play D2. Papa was a part time starter for a 3-9 team. I think Denver has goals of being better than Michigan.
Kueber will fit in just fine. He is a great off ball guy who will compliment the offense.

He's received a ton of press up in Canada for his play in the last Minto Cup, and has been projected to be a 1st to 2nd round NLL draft pick.

Is he Ethan Walker?
No

But his game is similar enough to Eric Law in terms of IQ and ability to be in the right place at the right time. I don't think Tierney would be bringing him in unless they felt he filled a need on the left side.
cherrylax

Post by cherrylax »

Congrats to incoming LSM Trey Digby on winning the 5A Player of the Year in Colorado. Going to be tough to break into that position at DU with two established starters that have sophmore eligibility.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

CALEB KUEBER
HEIGHT 6-2
WEIGHT 200
CLASS Senior
HOMETOWN Victoria, B.C.
HIGH SCHOOL Claremont
Kueber Honor Roll
2021 - USILA All-American First Team
2021 - USILA First Team All-North Region
2021 - US Lacrosse Magazine All-American Second Team
2021 - Great Midwest Athletic Conference Offensive Player of the Year
2021 - Great Midwest Athletic Conference First Team All-Conference

Laker Career
Games played (Starts): 45 (36)
Goals: 127
Assists: 61
Groundballs: 60
Caused Turnovers: 15

2021 Season:
Started in all 14 games for the Lakers, leading the team in both points (88) and goals (56) while ranking second in assists with 32. He recorded multiple goals in every game, but one. His season-high was six, which he hit twice against Molloy (Mar. 7) and Lake Erie (Apr. 28). In a four-game stretch versus Wheeling, Westminster, Lake Erie and Walsh he racked up 20 goals and 13 assists.

2020 Season:
Appeared in and started all five games. He led the Lakers in points (25) and goals (19). Kueber also added 11 groundballs and four caused turnovers. He had a massive impact in the win at Chestnut Hill on February 22nd notching eight goals and scooped up two groundballs.

2019 Season:
Appeared in and started all 17 games. He led the Lakers in goals with 49, shots 86, shots on goal 67, and third in assists with 21. Kueber also scooped up 24 groundballs. Against Roberts Wesleyan (4/24) he recorded a ten point game with eight goals and two helpers.
2018 Season:
Played in 9 games this season, scoring 3 goals.

Prior to Mercyhurst: Played Lacrosse, volleyball and golf.

Personal:
DOB: Oct 22, 1999
Son to Chris and Cynthia...sibling to Caitlin..Majoring in Business Marketing.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

https://letsgodu.com/2021/07/14/could-l ... more-79538

This makes no sense to me. The club lacrosse level at these schools is mixed at best.
stanley848

Post by stanley848 »

cherrylax wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 3:52 pm Wouldn't be surprised to see Freehill come in and play right away taking Squires vacancy. Coach T has a history of starting freshman (Cannon, Burgdorf, Reis). Seems to have have great size and feet.

@cherrylax

Khan would also be a great fit for the vacant lefty attack spot, but doubt he'd transfer in conference.

Moot point since Khan chose Maryland ... Still curious ....Correct me if I'm wrong & maybe it's only applicable to the Big East -- It's my understanding that players in the Portal are not allowed to transfer within conference? :? :?:
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

stanley848 wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:49 pm

@cherrylax

Khan would also be a great fit for the vacant lefty attack spot, but doubt he'd transfer in conference.

Moot point since Khan chose Maryland ... Still curious ....Correct me if I'm wrong & maybe it's only applicable to the Big East -- It's my understanding that players in the Portal are not allowed to transfer within conference? :? :?:
Most conferences have dropped the inter-conferences transfers. ACC dropped it this year.
WildPride

Post by WildPride »

[/quote]

Most conferences have dropped the inter-conferences transfers. ACC dropped it this year.
[/quote]

My understanding is the Big East (at least for lacrosse) still requires a player to sit out for a year if they transfer in conference.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

WildPride wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:43 pm

[/quote]

My understanding is the Big East (at least for lacrosse) still requires a player to sit out for a year if they transfer in conference.
[/quote]

They scrapped the intra conference transfer rule https://depauliaonline.com/54296/sports ... sfer-rule/
stanley848

Post by stanley848 »

jrn19 wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:28 pm
WildPride wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:43 pm

[/quote]

They scrapped the intra conference transfer rule https://depauliaonline.com/54296/sports ... sfer-rule/
[/quote]

Appreciate the info, thanks.
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

2022 Roster (57) is posted: https://denverpioneers.com/sports/mens- ... oster/2022

Returning Graduates (4):
Mac Tezak
Ted Sullivan
Jack Hannah
Riley Curtis

Freshman (11):
TJ Sheehan Attack Rockville Centre, N.Y. / South Side H.S.
Andrew Atchison Attack Marietta, Ga. / Lassiter H.S.
Noah Manning Attack Victoria, B.C. / Royal Bay Secondary
Dakota Johnson Attack Denver, Colo. / Cherry Creek H.S.
Gabe Bowen-Slott Defense Portland, Ore. / Culver Military Academy
Jimmy Freehill Defense Newton, Mass. / St. Sebastian's H.S.
Ethan Kriss Faceoff Manhattan, N.Y. / Riverdale Country School
Trey Digby LSM Cherry Hills Village, Colo. / Valor Christian H.S.
Joe Taraboletti Midfield Ponte Verda Beach, Fla. / Ponte Verda H.S.
Ned Forbush Midfield Baltimore, Md. / Friends School of Baltimore
Mic Kelly Midfield Towson, Md. / Calvert Hall College H.S.

2021 Not on 2022 Roster (3):
Jason Hill - Midi So.
Carter Brand - Midi Sr.
Colby Moore - Def Sr. early graduation

Not on roster (1):
Mercyhurst (D2) - Caleb Kueber (A)** -> Denver - Transfer portal

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”