Laxfan1234

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by Laxfan1234 »

oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Laxfan1234 wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:28 pm New AD on the way:

https://hwsathletics.com/news/2021/10/1 ... etics.aspx
Hopefully he will push the NC$$ to allow Hobart to finally have athletics scholarships .
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

oldbartman wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:49 pm

Hopefully he will push the NC$$ to allow Hobart to finally have athletics scholarships .
;)
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Drcthru wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:12 pm

;)
Hobart is better off with the financial aid route, IMHO.

Congrats to Hobart legend Tom Grimaldi on his selection to the Upstate Lacrosse Hall of Fame!
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 2:51 pm An injured Frank Brown is still very dangerous. Heard Bryan Hancock may be playing as well. Hope Ted Baker does a post game podcast with Coach Raymond. Still wish they would have a video feed.
Heard Frankie "coached" the alumni team...
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

FMUBart wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:02 pm
Drcthru wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:12 pm

;)
Hobart is better off with the financial aid route, IMHO.

Congrats to Hobart legend Tom Grimaldi on his selection to the Upstate Lacrosse Hall of Fame!
He was brought in and been our compliance officer since the NCAA spanked us because Hanna didn't file the proper paperwork for like 15yrs...at least operationally we should be in good shape, no idea what his priorities are beyond that.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Anyone know anything about Julian Race, new 2022 recruit?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

GeneralBart wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:43 pm Anyone know anything about Julian Race, new 2022 recruit?
What little I've been able to find Race is game is a lot like a transition player in boxla and a SSDM in field. Tough and fast. Things every team needs.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

oldbartman wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 9:06 pm
GeneralBart wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:43 pm Anyone know anything about Julian Race, new 2022 recruit?
What little I've been able to find Race's game is a lot like a transition player in boxla and a SSDM in field. Tough and fast. Things every team needs.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

What little I've been able to find Race's game is a lot like a transition player in boxla and a SSDM in field. Tough and fast. Things every team needs.
I had heard of a 23 who we might have a shot at form Western Reswrve-https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment

Perhaps it’s the next TP or L-S for us as we’ve tended to do well in clusters from programs under Raymond
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Cross between Smalley, Korn, Stanny, Mark Darden and Wylie would be a nice outcome for race. All those kids were righties though and he’s a lefty.
See Martin, Malcolm
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Looks like Dylan Sheridan has turned around the
fortunes at Western Reserve Academy,

Ben McIntosh and Kyle Bernlohr attended during their
prior upswing,
maybe they’re following the Culver Academy model.
Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Before this weekends fascinating fall ball tourney:

Looks like we have another 23 commit-Anthony Stilwell, A, Rovere School (MA)

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiti ... commitment

So two goalies (Jackson Faiola from Canandaigua and Trevor Fox from Holderness) and Stilwell.

Really adding goalies since losing Adam Bland to the pros with Ellis Wilson next year and these two in 23. Interesting how regionally diverse 22 & 23 are compared with somewhat CNY heavy last 2-3yrs.

In 22 we’ve got western reserve (oh), Landon (md), Canandaigua (backyard), John Carroll (md), st George’s (ri), Loyola (Il), 3 NJ in Don Boaco/holy cross/gill St. Bernard.
See Martin, Malcolm
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Is anyone attending the festivities this weekend at JHU?
Assume there’s no video coverage?
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Hearing we may be without a few starters for Sunday. Some guys are still recovering from surgeries. Others are nicked up and the coaches would rather make sure they're OK for the regular season. Guess we will see a bit more of the FYs and players who haven't had a lot of PT. Either way, it's a great chance to play against top competition as well as give the team an idea of how good they are and what they need to do to make the next leap.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

If folks haven’t been up to the finger lakes in a while

https://www.eater.com/22735468/best-res ... s-new-york
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:09 am If folks haven’t been up to the finger lakes in a while

I've never been and it is on my bucket list to vacation and/or just spend time up that way. I am not much of a beach guy, we have a place in Garden City, SC, so its always been our getaway spot.

Going to bookmark your link, thanks.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:02 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:09 am If folks haven’t been up to the finger lakes in a while

I've never been and it is on my bucket list to vacation and/or just spend time up that way. I am not much of a beach guy, we have a place in Garden City, SC, so its always been our getaway spot.

Danos in Ovid is excellent. I was there the first year they opened, the founding guy died a few years back but this was fall of 06, visited my parents in bingo (from NYC, camped at Taughannock Falls state park outside ithaca with our 7mo Lhasa Poodle puppy). Snuck said dog into Bart-Dickinson opener where we marched down for a game winning drive via local Newark area QB product named Shawn Mizro then drove around and fell into that place. Sat out back with spectacular
Views of The lake while I chased my dog around then the owner, Dano, sat down with us ans told his story about being a ballet dancer in former USSR but snuck out/didn’t come back with group from Western European country, went to chef school in France then NYC worked for Wolfgang puck before finding the dirt there and starting that restarautn. Excellent food, excellent guy (rip) and excellent spot

Know garden city well used to have a place for a few years in Pawleys Island. Loved the food around Murrels Inlet, ever been to Bovines?
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
See Martin, Malcolm
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:33 am
youthathletics wrote: Sat Oct 23, 2021 9:02 am

Danos in Ovid is excellent. I was there the first year they opened, guy the founding guy died a few years back but this was fall of 06, visited my parents in bingo (from NYC, camped at Taughannock Falls state park outside ithaca with our 7mo Lhasa Poodle puppy. Snuck said dog into Bart-Dickinson opener where we marched down for a game winning drive via local Newark area QB product named Shawn Mizro then drove around and fell into that place. Sat out back with spectacular
Views of The lake while I chased my dog around then the owner, Dano, sat down with us ans told his story about being a ballet dancer in former USSR but snuck out/didn’t come back with group from Western European country, went to chef school in France then NYC worked for Wolfgang puck before finding the dirt there and starting that restarautn. Excellent food, excellent guy (rip) and excellent spot

Know garden city well used to have a place for a few years in Pawleys Island. Loved the food around Murrels Inlet, ever been to Bovines?
Been to Bovines plenty of times, also enjoy Wicked Tuna.....then end the evening with drink at Gulfstream Cafe....absolutely stunning views of the sunset. We often get off the beaten path to avoid the crowds, just found this great place called Luna, off 17S in Murrels inlet, a few miles south of restaurant row in Murrels, great authentic mex food.

My boys love Sams Corner next to GC Pier, a staple of the area....not gonna lie, its pretty damned tasty, wife loves the fried bologna sandwhich, and boys always get the pimento cheese burger with bacon and Cheerwine
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”