Hobart 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Hobart 2022

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Yeah that’s why I wanted him to come back. He’s an excellent D coordinator. Well never agree on Matt but I am of the opinion he was every bit the candidate to replace BJ at the time.

Geneva is far less parochial than Lowell which is nice for some. Ever tried to park in the town of Lowell in a street?
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We have what feels like a larger recruiting class coming in next year if what I’ve pieced together is right. Believe there’s two others I’m missing but here’s what I’ve seen

Jabril Belle Walker M, Pennington (NJ)
Adam Franasiak D, Trinity-Pawling School (NY)
Julian Race M, Western Reserve Academy (OH via Ontario)
Max Snellenburg A, John Carroll School (MD)
Brady Comella D, Canandaigua Academy (NY)
Jackson Galiani D, Landon School (MD)
Timothy Evnin A, St George's School (RI)
Michael Amoruso LSM, Don Bosco Prep High School (NJ)
Seamus Schofield FO, Holy Cross Academy (NJ)
Connor DiTomasso A, Loyola Academy (IL)
Ellis Wilson G, Gill St. Bernard S School (NJ)
Cade Dino M, Johnson City (NY)
David Peterkin M, Kiski School (PA via Ontario)
Tim Murray M, Hun (believe he was at NMH or another western mass prep school and reclassified)
Alex Begina A, Ramapo (NJ)

Believe there’s a LSM from Colorado and maybe one more canadian I had heard about so if there’s those two also you’re at 17 and odds are good I’ve missed 1-3.

Obviously sometimes kids pop up on IL or other that arent going to actually play but does this seem high to anyone else?

Murray I believe was supposed to come last year. Begina appears to be injured and missing most or all of the year but was a nice goal order as a Jr.
See Martin, Malcolm
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

Is Connor DiTomasso any relation to former Hopkins great John? Had the opportunity/misfortune to play against John 2x during the '80's...Hop was the 1 team we never beat in my 4 years.
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

How is there only one Hobart guy in the PLL?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

FMUBart wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 11:51 am Is Connor DiTomasso any relation to former Hopkins great John? Had the opportunity/misfortune to play against John 2x during the '80's...Hop was the 1 team we never beat in my 4 years.
Not a son maybe a cousin but who knows.

https://redstormsports.com/sports/mens- ... ommaso/551
See Martin, Malcolm
HGK

Post by HGK »

Unless you misspelled it, their last names are spelled differently.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HGK wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:32 pm Unless you misspelled it, their last names are spelled differently.
I copied the one from either Lafs new site or IL for the kid-heck of a scorer out in IL but not a blessed HS a program so uphill battle to be an AA there.
See Martin, Malcolm
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:25 pm We have what feels like a larger recruiting class coming in next year if what I’ve pieced together is right. Believe there’s two others I’m missing but here’s what I’ve seen

Tim Murray M, Hun (believe he was at NMH or another western mass prep school and reclassified)

Believe there’s a LSM from Colorado and maybe one more canadian I had heard about so if there’s those two also you’re at 17 and odds are good I’ve missed 1-3.

Obviously sometimes kids pop up on IL or other that arent going to actually play but does this seem high to anyone else?

Murray I believe was supposed to come last year. Begina appears to be injured and missing most or all of the year but was a nice goal order as a Jr.
No one from LI? We've been making inroads.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

LeeRoggy wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 12:53 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 11:25 pm We have what feels like a larger recruiting class coming in next year if what I’ve pieced together is right. Believe there’s two others I’m missing but here’s what I’ve seen

No one from LI? We've been making inroads.
Not that much in Lacrosse. Kevin DeWall is recruiting LI well for the football team. But with scholarship money, we likely won’t see any more two sport players ever again.

As a buddy stated: Long Island kids aren’t going upstate for college unless it’s Cornell or SUNY Binghamton. Bit of hyperbole but there’s a bit of truth to that if you know the typical LI lacrosse family.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Six (6) from NJ though.
See Martin, Malcolm
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sharing from ISL page (think it was Laxxal who posted it if I’m wrong forgive me whoever shared and thanks)

We have two recruits, Tim Evnin (22, St George’s) & Anthony Stilwell (23, Rivers)

https://www.islsports.org/page/2907
See Martin, Malcolm
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:04 am Sharing from ISL page (think it was Laxxal who posted it if I’m wrong forgive me whoever shared and thanks)

We have two recruits, Tim Evnin (22, St George’s) & Anthony Stilwell (23, Rivers)

Hard work and talent is always better than just talent.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

oldbartman wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 12:10 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 9:04 am Sharing from ISL page (think it was Laxxal who posted it if I’m wrong forgive me whoever shared and thanks)

Hard work and talent is always better than just talent.
That is a Coach Urick-ism: "Hard work beats talent if talent doesn't work hard"
LeeRoggy

Post by LeeRoggy »

Evnin looks like the real deal

https://youtu.be/PpW9DoMLF9Y

Stilwell looks like he has a sneaky shot release

https://youtu.be/dbBsKVYabLQ
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

My sources confirm there will be a final 2022 lax podcast out this week. I think it's been recorded, just needs to be approved....
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

Hobart’s own Adam Hardy , now assistant coach of 20-0 , Tampa
And will be leaving his high powered offensive into the D2 championship game on Sunday
Good luck Adam!
kmartin

Post by kmartin »

Got to the championship game of the NEC and didn't have our best outing but credit a very good St. Joseph's team. Didn't get close, winnable games this year against SU, Cornell (for awhile), St. Joe's, and lost one or two that we should have won (Bryant, Sacred Heart) so feels a little disappointing overall after taking a good Lehigh team early.

The other interesting thing that we need to look at is the name, image, likeness money on top of scholarships. That seems to throw in the potential for us to get some recruits but we will need someone with means to really step up for that and for the scholarships. The school is stretching now with so many new sports being added.

A10 looks interesting, back to UMass on the schedule and good to see St. Bona and St. Joe's, which is turning into a good rivalry, there as well. I think Bonaventure did pretty well in the MAAC this year. Won't hurt to be in Virginia/Carolina for games, more and more players are coming out of there. Richmond team looked very good against Penn and we may see Madonna on the other side of the field next year with his brother.

Scouring the portal, DIII, DII and JUCO is always a good idea. Certainly the top teams are loaded with such players and although you probably can't totally emulate that, you have to be in that game. I see Jacksonville got a kid from Tufts who dropped 5 goals on Duke this year IIRC.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

kmartin wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 10:48 am Got to the championship game of the NEC and didn't have our best outing but credit a very good St. Joseph's team. Didn't get close, winnable games this year against SU, Cornell (for awhile), St. Joe's, and lost one or two that we should have won (Bryant, Sacred Heart) so feels a little disappointing overall after taking a good Lehigh team early.

The other interesting thing that we need to look at is the name, image, likeness money on top of scholarships. That seems to throw in the potential for us to get some recruits but we will need someone with means to really step up for that and for the scholarships. The school is stretching now with so many new sports being added.

A10 looks interesting, back to UMass on the schedule and good to see St. Bona and St. Joe's, which is turning into a good rivalry, there as well. I think Bonaventure did pretty well in the MAAC this year. Won't hurt to be in Virginia/Carolina for games, more and more players are coming out of there. Richmond team looked very good against Penn and we may see Madonna on the other side of the field next year with his brother.

Scouring the portal, DIII, DII and JUCO is always a good idea. Certainly the top teams are loaded with such players and although you probably can't totally emulate that, you have to be in that game. I see Jacksonville got a kid from Tufts who dropped 5 goals on Duke this year IIRC.
We should retrade on esports IMO…and then hey Abby Johnson…

“Introducing Joey Spallina. Brought to you by Fidelity”

Waldbaum was the straw that stirred the drink for Jax this year but have to figure there’s very few non top 7-9 programs that a kid like that would entertain - in his case he had a D3 title, nice NESCAC degree so a year chilling in FL looks logical. But Jax is a major recruiter in our backyard for HS talent so they will be a benchmark program as long as Galloway is there. We compete with most of the A10 for kids as well except maybe St Joes who gets a lot off LI where we haven’t for a long time. But Mearns, UMass (who wanted Stilwell a 23 of ours), Richmond we regularly compete w for kids. Richmond offered Archer late, Madonna Etc. Not sure on High Point though obviously Colin Rovere decommitted from us to attend HPU next year. You hear that Horton, Duby, Firth et al? When they play you next year remember he decided “nah, I think I’d rather be in the triad area than your teammates”.

(Reality is my understanding he wanted a major we didn’t offer ultimately but don’t let it spoil some good locker room material)

Combination of injuries and the lost Colgate game (not to mention plans to play Albany which were scrapped) really hurt us it seems. We needed the extra official games more than the scrimmages it seems in hindsight.
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Tue May 24, 2022 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
See Martin, Malcolm
FL-GO

Post by FL-GO »

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”