Loyola Greyhounds 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxfan01

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2022

Post by Laxfan01 »

Wanted to chime in on the fall w some similar thoughts. Offensively we will be very good, top 15-20 unit in the country. Same on the defensive side-very balanced this year w no “difference maker” guy but just a bunch of rlly good players from top down. Attack unit should be improved, tons of depth w olmstead lindley james Kamish Lindsey and binney. Expect Kamish James and olmstead to take some midfield runs when needed. Poitras wigley and Higgins will be the guys at midfield. All had a rlly good fall and Poitras/Higgins should and will take the next step this fall. We know the names on the defensive side, it should just be more about depth. 4 rlly good poles w wyers Leblanc Hughes and the junior (cannot remember name of the top of my head). Goalie position is loaded with Sam and the depth behind him, as someone mentioned above there have been injuries (staudt the whole fall with a thumb, as well as Sam/teitelbaum missing time for unknown reasons). Ssdm will be better than most think. Sherwood and Rezanka are the knowns, and from there we have to recognize our staffs player development. Have heard mcgilcuddy is faster/stronger than the spring, and cain has looked good as well. Coach Toomey and co always have a plan
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Yep, totally agree. You're thinking of Cam James as the 4th Pole, and there's Vandenheuval behind him. All solid.

Grapevine also has it that a certain SSDM transfer from Richmond was looking hard at Loyola. Name alone makes me want him on the roster, and that's all the info I have on that. Would provide depth at that position.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

i heard a very strong rumor that Toomey picked up a strong transfer within the portal recently. If what i am hearing is true, this addition can really solidify the midfield for this season
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... e-schedule

USLAX and IL reported similar pieces with CBS Sports network announcing the TV schedule for the spring.

Loyola has 3 games on TV for the matchups against Navy, Boston University, and Lehigh.

Biggest game IMO is the lehigh contest, there will obviously be strong feelings considering last years game and then the cancellation of the patriot league championship
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

NovaHound wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:50 pm Yep, totally agree. You're thinking of Cam James as the 4th Pole, and there's Vandenheuval behind him. All solid.

Grapevine also has it that a certain SSDM transfer from Richmond was looking hard at Loyola. Name alone makes me want him on the roster, and that's all the info I have on that. Would provide depth at that position.
I heard that also, but i also heard he has alot of baggage and that is why he was leaving Richmond
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

He starts with a clean slate and is very fortunate to play for Coach Toomey and the Hounds. And I'm sure Coach Toomey did his due diligence and I would certainly expect Coach Chemotti to be honest with Coach T. The story I heard painted a positive picture of the young man so I'm going with that.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

NovaHound wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:22 pm He starts with a clean slate and is very fortunate to play for Coach Toomey and the Hounds. And I'm sure Coach Toomey did his due diligence and I would certainly expect Coach Chemotti to be honest with Coach T. The story I heard painted a positive picture of the young man so I'm going with that.
If there is one position group we need some extra help, that’s it. SSDM is a tough tough position...provides another rope unit option.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

NovaHound wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 5:22 pm He starts with a clean slate and is very fortunate to play for Coach Toomey and the Hounds. And I'm sure Coach Toomey did his due diligence and I would certainly expect Coach Chemotti to be honest with Coach T. The story I heard painted a positive picture of the young man so I'm going with that.
We may have heard different stories, the story i heard was that he attacked a fellow teammate and did serious physical harm to the young man and was thrown off the team. I wonder how the richmond players feel about this youngman. I am not sure that is the type of player you want to have in your locker room.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Loyola has a great locker room culture. Players on the team know him, and glad he is coming in, and I don't think they are worried. I'm not worried.
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

NovaHound wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 12:00 pm Loyola has a great locker room culture. Players on the team know him, and glad he is coming in, and I don't think they are worried. I'm not worried.
The kids will figure it out one way or another. If he’s an issue it will get managed. Again it’s really the one position on this roster we have a need for additional support

Kids will give anyone a chance. If he blows it he will lose trust of the kids and if that happens it’s over. I’m not saying it happens. What I’m saying is I’m not worried about it. Kids should get a second chance. I’m sure the young man coming in knows the rules he’s gonna have to play by in this lockeroom.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

So what we are not gonna do, is air out a kids dirty laundry to a public forum, no matter what occurred.

His business and the conduct is his, alone.

The team im sure knows about the conduct and they will deal with it and let him know the rules etc.

He’s also here because of the players and the culture the program has.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Laxfan#1969

Post by Laxfan#1969 »

houndace1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:12 pm So what we are not gonna do, is air out a kids dirty laundry to a public forum, no matter what occurred.

The team im sure knows about the conduct and they will deal with it and let him know the rules etc.

Exactly

Just what I posted above
lorin

Post by lorin »

Laxfan#1969 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:00 pm
houndace1 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:12 pm So what we are not gonna do, is air out a kids dirty laundry to a public forum, no matter what occurred.

Exactly

Just what I posted above

Hey don't stop there bring Chase back.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... son-top-20

Can't argue with much of this ranking, although I believe Navy deserves Top 20 ranking...And I guess that is why we play the game :lol:
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

When you choose to play at the division 1 level, a player opens themselves up for comment based on their actions and play. It is not dirty laundry. It happens all the time in other sports. My statement was, would it effect the locker room and would he be a problem Loyola has a great opportunity this year, distractions can cost them.

We can ask Syracuse what distractions do to a team, their locker room was in disarray and they played better when Chase was gone
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The major difference is that Chase’s laundry was public, documented in the newspapers and by directly involved over people on social media. This is just unsubstantiated hearsay, rumors and could be libel.
Aside, it’s just classless. This isn’t the Hopkins thread.
Greyhound fans are better than that.
Fanlax took down posts in the politics forum that were unsubstantiated rumors. This seems more egregious.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:21 amFanlax took down posts in the politics forum that were unsubstantiated rumors. This seems more egregious.
I do not believe that this is true. One of the things I like about this Forum is that posts are not deleted.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I heard Gretchen LAST NAME lost her job last week because she regularly picked her nose and stole someone’s Italian cold cut out of the work fridge.

It’s not substantiated. But that’s what I heard.

Just because you hear a rumor doesn’t mean it should be posted. Public figure or not.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Interesting - I just PM'ed you.

Periodically I rewatch Stripes with Bill Murray. Francis gives me perspective.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

kramerica.inc wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:25 pm I heard Gretchen LAST NAME lost her job last week because she regularly picked her nose and stole someone’s Italian cold cut out of the work fridge.
It’s not substantiated. But that’s what I heard.
Just because you hear a rumor doesn’t mean it should be posted. Public figure or not.
My saying that FanLax doesn't delete posts isn't a rumor. I'm relatively certain that it's true. Vaguely remember a poster posting something that demonstrated this to be true.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”