Re: Yale 2022

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:22 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:47 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:32 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:38 pm
InsiderRoll wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:21 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:42 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 2:38 pm it's not for everybody.
Walked through Yale’s campus yesterday. A young athlete could do worse…..

Creepy
Have you been to New Haven?
Yes. I’m not sure why that has to do with a “lax dad” ogling 18-22yr old women.
Like ogling ACC girls I suppose. I thought you were wondering why I would be walking through campus, hence my question. You still got that inside roll, dad?
I seriously have no clue what you’re saying now?
…..Because you jumped into the middle of a thread. Anyway, hopefully we get some good lacrosse this year. I plan on catching some fall ball games. Be well.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
calourie

Post by calourie »

https://www.lax.com/stories/lax-video/l ... -2021.html

Highlights of high school lacrosse played at a very high level.

A tasty tidbit for us info starved Yale fans including some impressive moments for 2023 bulldog recruits Lawrenceville goalie Geoge Northrup with some outstanding saves and #19 attack man Hunter Chauvette with at least one assist and 4 goals, two of which were Mac O'keefe like low to high rockets from deep. There is a good chance Brunswick long stick and 2023 recruit Luke Michalik is also in the video, but I had no way of identifying him.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

calourie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:32 am https://www.lax.com/stories/lax-video/l ... -2021.html

A tasty tidbit for us info starved Yale fans including some impressive moments for 2023 bulldog recruits Lawrenceville goalie Geoge Northrup with some outstanding saves and #19 attack man Hunter Chauvette with at least one assist and 4 goals, two of which were Mac O'keefe like low to high rockets from deep. There is a good chance Brunswick long stick and 2023 recruit Luke Michalik is also in the video, but I had no way of identifying him.
Northrup didn’t play at Lawrenceville last year. He is transferring from High school in California
calourie

Post by calourie »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:49 am
calourie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 10:32 am https://www.lax.com/stories/lax-video/l ... -2021.html

Northrup didn’t play at Lawrenceville last year. He is transferring from High school in California
Thanks for the information InsiderRoll. I simply assumed it was Northrup. Whoever the L'ville goalie was he was outstanding in the video. Inside lacrosse does have Northrup listed on the Lawrenceville 2021 roster so I'm a bit confused by the new information.
InsiderRoll

Post by InsiderRoll »

calourie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:22 am

Thanks for the information InsiderRoll. I simply assumed it was Northrup. Whoever the L'ville goalie was he was outstanding in the video. Inside lacrosse does have Northrup listed on the Lawrenceville 2021 roster so I'm a bit confused by the new information.
Yes that was a 2024 freshman, he’s strong as well. There will be competition for the starting spot there. Posner is on the verge of getting things rolling at Lawrenceville.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

InsiderRoll wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:48 am
calourie wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 11:22 am

Yes that was a 2024 freshman, he’s strong as well. There will be competition for the starting spot there. Posner is on the verge of getting things rolling at Lawrenceville.
+1 on Posner. Hope to watch his team play this Spring.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Lax3

Post by Lax3 »

IL number 24 ranked junior to Yale. Philly kid from Malvern Prep, a perennial powerhouse in that area. Buono

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ings/58405
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Lax3 wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:20 pm IL number 24 ranked junior to Yale. Philly kid from Malvern Prep, a perennial powerhouse in that area. Buono

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ings/58405
"A hard-nosed cover man who stands 6'1, 190 lbs." Hard-nosed? Yale?? No way, kid will never fit into the Bulldog lax culture....

However, if he bulks up that 6'1" frame in the weight room, he might just do well in New Haven.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Someone has to chaperone the rest of the team around New Haven.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 pm
RopeUnit wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:07 pm TLD :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ivies will be fine. Outside of Cuse and Navy, they're pulling as many "5/4 star" kids as anyone else. The resurrection of Georgetown and the upward trajectory of Michigan will make the competition for kids with a high-end academic profile more difficult than anything else IMO....
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:03 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:55 pm
Kikin wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:34 pm It's about the considerations that would factor into the decision to play at an ivy post a year where EVERY other division 1 program played, but none of the ivies. If you are making decision about attending and playing, I would think you have to consider if or how much you might get to actually play. I am saying it is a factor. I think people that are crowing about how great an ivy education is forget that to a young person who has poured their heart and soul into an athletic pursuit, want to have the opportunity to fulfill that desire. Maybe to some attending an ivy outweighs considering the position that league took during last season, but I think their are many who would factor that into the decision making.
agreed, kikin. we'll see. yale just landed a '21 attackman who is top of the class type but was basically headed there pre ivy-bail for the spring. tho ivies were out of sports all year? and spotty on-campus students? they will have others, will they still get jeff teat et.al. high-end talent that went to cornell the last 10-15 years? would an ierlan transfer in?

if anything, if it happens it's a several year phenomenon in my opinion should the covid threat die down. at least until the ivies cancel sports. the top ivy teams have also done a great job identifying talent that aren't top-5 rated il all-star classes.

really looking forward to seeing brandau again and seeing what he's got. he was terrific frosh year.
Where is this dude’s parents??!!

https://lacrossebucket.com/2021/08/19/l ... o-harvard/
Plus you aren’t constrained to just south bend area talent in Boston!
Pretty sure that "South Bend area talent" is ample for the enterprising, hard working young fella. ;)

For those who think there needs to be a trade-off between brains and beauty and that abundant supply is a necessity, I'd proffer that as a jock when you find an attractive gal from the Ivies, you can be pretty secure in the assumption that she's likely smarter than you...my wife of 41 years now, for instance, was Junior Miss of Mass, valedictorian of her public school despite being two years younger, two-sport HS athlete, musician, honors at Dartmouth, Harvard Business School...secret was to meet her freshman week and keep 'closing the deal' ever since. Still a 'looker'. And I was just a scrawny 150lb goalie four-eyed goalie, met her freshman week... I had a high 'hustle' factor, perhaps.

Had to fend off upper classmen including future kicker for KC Chiefs, a hockey star with the golden locks, and an Olympic shot putter who played classical piano...

Maybe you gotta work a bit more if you're at an Ivy... and not just in the classroom and on the field? Life skills... ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:56 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:11 pm
RopeUnit wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:07 pm TLD :lol: :lol: :lol:
Ivies will be fine. Outside of Cuse and Navy, they're pulling as many "5/4 star" kids as anyone else. The resurrection of Georgetown and the upward trajectory of Michigan will make the competition for kids with a high-end academic profile more difficult than anything else IMO....
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:03 pm
wgdsr wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:55 pm
Kikin wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:34 pm It's about the considerations that would factor into the decision to play at an ivy post a year where EVERY other division 1 program played, but none of the ivies. If you are making decision about attending and playing, I would think you have to consider if or how much you might get to actually play. I am saying it is a factor. I think people that are crowing about how great an ivy education is forget that to a young person who has poured their heart and soul into an athletic pursuit, want to have the opportunity to fulfill that desire. Maybe to some attending an ivy outweighs considering the position that league took during last season, but I think their are many who would factor that into the decision making.
agreed, kikin. we'll see. yale just landed a '21 attackman who is top of the class type but was basically headed there pre ivy-bail for the spring. tho ivies were out of sports all year? and spotty on-campus students? they will have others, will they still get jeff teat et.al. high-end talent that went to cornell the last 10-15 years? would an ierlan transfer in?

if anything, if it happens it's a several year phenomenon in my opinion should the covid threat die down. at least until the ivies cancel sports. the top ivy teams have also done a great job identifying talent that aren't top-5 rated il all-star classes.

really looking forward to seeing brandau again and seeing what he's got. he was terrific frosh year.
Where is this dude’s parents??!!

https://lacrossebucket.com/2021/08/19/l ... o-harvard/
Plus you aren’t constrained to just south bend area talent in Boston!
Pretty sure that "South Bend area talent" is ample for the enterprising, hard working young fella. ;)

For those who think there needs to be a trade-off between brains and beauty and that abundant supply is a necessity, I'd proffer that as a jock when you find an attractive gal from the Ivies, you can be pretty secure in the assumption that she's likely smarter than you...my wife of 41 years now, for instance, was Junior Miss of Mass, valedictorian of her public school despite being two years younger, two-sport HS athlete, musician, honors at Dartmouth, Harvard Business School...secret was to meet her freshman week and keep 'closing the deal' ever since. Still a 'looker'. And I was just a scrawny 150lb goalie four-eyed goalie, met her freshman week... I had a high 'hustle' factor, perhaps.

Had to fend off upper classmen including future kicker for KC Chiefs, a hockey star with the golden locks, and an Olympic shot putter who played classical piano...

Maybe you gotta work a bit more if you're at an Ivy... and not just in the classroom and on the field? Life skills... ;)
Don’t have to sell me I’ll work hard on a turnaround project or find value as a scrapper all day long.

Let Bill Murray explain how you take out the competition. It’s all in the game baby!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-LWb71QCkVE
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:56 am ...

Had to fend off upper classmen including future kicker for KC Chiefs...
Ah, sounds like Nick Lowery, who graduated from Dartmouth and got a graduate degree from Harvard. My father in law (RIP) was at the Yale Bowl for a game that Dartmouth won 3-0 thanks to a Lowery field goal.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

As for lacrosse, looks like the alumni game is Sat Oct 9; fall ball scrimmages Sunday Oct 17 at Ward Melville HS in Suffolk County Long Island: 11 a.m. v Marquette, 1 p.m. v Army.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

FannOLax wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:59 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:56 am ...

Had to fend off upper classmen including future kicker for KC Chiefs...
Ah, sounds like Nick Lowery, who graduated from Dartmouth and got a graduate degree from Harvard. My father in law (RIP) was at the Yale Bowl for a game that Dartmouth won 3-0 thanks to a Lowery field goal.
Indeed. :D
calourie

Post by calourie »

FannOLax wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:28 am As for lacrosse, looks like the alumni game is Sat Oct 9; fall ball scrimmages Sunday Oct 17 at Ward Melville HS in Suffolk County Long Island: 11 a.m. v Marquette, 1 p.m. v Army.
According to the Marquette lacrosse pages the Oct. 17th participants at Ward Melville will be Marquette, Stony Brook and Yale.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Maybe four teams are involved; Stony Brook makes sense as host at a nearby HS. I suppose we'll find out more.
calourie

Post by calourie »

Are they allowing fans at the alumni game and Ward Melville scrimmages? More to the point are you planning on attending either, Fann? Would love to here some news on how fall ball is panning out.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Calourie, unfortunately it's not working out for me to be there either day.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

calourie wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:04 pm Are they allowing fans at the alumni game and Ward Melville scrimmages? More to the point are you planning on attending either, Fann? Would love to here some news on how fall ball is panning out.
IL is hanging out at practice today. So write up probably coming shortly. They put our some pictures/video on twitter tonight
calourie

Post by calourie »

AreaLax wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:40 pm
calourie wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:04 pm Are they allowing fans at the alumni game and Ward Melville scrimmages? More to the point are you planning on attending either, Fann? Would love to here some news on how fall ball is panning out.
IL is hanging out at practice today. So write up probably coming shortly. They put our some pictures/video on twitter tonight
Thanks for the heads up Area. Here's the IL Fall Ball All Access report for those who don't browse IL:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... -is-/58499

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”