Lacrosse on TV

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DU-fan

Re: Lacrosse on TV

Post by DU-fan »

Badlands wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:54 pm Anybody able to view the Towson/Duke game on LSN without technical problems (spinning wheel)?
only for random frustrating moments...
Badlands

Post by Badlands »

DU-fan wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:25 pm
Badlands wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:54 pm Anybody able to view the Towson/Duke game on LSN without technical problems (spinning wheel)?
It was unwatchable.
socalref

Post by socalref »

Sunday the 21st, Providence @ St John's will not be televised. The move from Saturday to Sunday due to weather lead to a conflict with the video production group.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

NCAA MEN'S LACROSSE
3:00 PM (Replay of) Ohio State vs. Johns Hopkins on ESPNU.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Badlands wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:31 pm
DU-fan wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:25 pm
It was unwatchable.
Game is archived on Lax Sports Network.
Still flubbed up, but easy enough to fast forward
past the bad video parts.
Good game to rewatch if you want to see what
Duke is capable of.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

ESPN announced their schedule. Some are still listed as TBD. All but two game have at least one ACC team.

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/m ... es-in-2021
DU-fan

Post by DU-fan »

AreaLax wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:33 am ESPN announced their schedule. Some are still listed as TBD. All but two game have at least one ACC team.

Anish Shroff and Chris Cotter will handle play-by-play duties throughout the season. (from the press release)
I don't want to be overly harsh on Anish. But, my issue with him is that he does not do play-by-play. He focuses on color commentary on his favorite teams and players. He is overly biased in his research and his comments. If he is talking about the team you are rooting for, it is probably enjoyable. But, for most of the other viewers, it is very annoying and makes me want to mute the broadcast.

I am old school and like the commentator to be objective and provide unbiased play by play and insightful objective analysis.

BTW - Chris Cotter is awesome.
old salt

Post by old salt »

For those of us still at the mercy of a cable box, any indication if CBSSN is going to do any network telecasts ?
They usually announced a PL sched by now. So far, ESPN+ looks like nothing more than a pay version of PLN streaming.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:36 pm For those of us still at the mercy of a cable box, any indication if ESPNU & CBSSN are going to do any network telecasts ?
2 posts above you for espn. this thread will likely have broadcasts weekly what/when.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Thanks. Found this for ESPN (including the U)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

AreaLax wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:33 am ESPN announced their schedule. Some are still listed as TBD. All but two game have at least one ACC team.

sweet. hd and dvr if necessary.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Still, no lax on "cable" until after NCAA Bball.
Streaming is more challenging to selectively record & save for posterity, with my IT set up.
Last edited by old salt on Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:36 pm For those of us still at the mercy of a cable box, any indication if CBSSN is going to do any network telecasts ?
They usually announced a PL sched by now. So far, ESPN+ looks like nothing more than a pay version of PLN streaming.
it's hd and generally better than pln for that. not expensive if that matters. get a firestick or chromecast.

pbp and color guys no comment.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:44 pm Still, no lax on "cable" until after NCAA Bball.
you can also get any number of free services -- you tube, vidgo, others for a month or 2 until espn/espnu works basketball off.
old salt

Post by old salt »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:44 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:36 pm For those of us still at the mercy of a cable box, any indication if CBSSN is going to do any network telecasts ?
it's hd and generally better than pln for that. not expensive if that matters. get a firestick or chromecast.

That works for watching real time, as does my hdmi cable. My problem -- I record Navy games to an after market dvr & retain permanently for posterity. It's much easier & higher quality to record a feed from my cable box/dvr than from a computer stream, which is essentially a SD screen shot I capture through a converter.
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:52 pm

That works for watching real time, as does my hdmi cable. My problem -- I record Navy games to an after market dvr & retain permanently for posterity. It's much easier & higher quality to record a feed from my cable box/dvr than from a computer stream, which is essentially a SD screen shot I capture through a converter.
I might need to PM you sometime about your recording solution. I use a DVD recorder for TV games but haven’t found a good way to record steams to physical media yet. The only real solutions I’ve found are an HMDI to AV converter (abysmal quality) or using iDVD on my Mac (time consuming)
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

computers suck. off your smartphone, depending on source much better on archived games.
and real time, you don't lose definition on apps that are casted. upgraded from just a year ago.
old salt

Post by old salt »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:46 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:44 pm Still, no lax on "cable" until after NCAA Bball.
you can also get any number of free services -- you tube, vidgo, others for a month or 2 until espn/espnu works basketball off.
I've looked at that. but I'd have to replace my current Comcast dvr with a newer one & I'd lose all the non-transfereable programming I've saved in that box.

My home wiring, hd access & location has me lashed to Comcast. I've looked at cord cutting, but it's not worth blowing up my whole IT setup, just to get better quality recordings on Navy games (which aren't as compelling viewing as they used to be), but there's hope they may become worth reviewing & breaking down recordings again. ;)

ESPN+ will be an adequate replacement for PLN if all the PL schools use it. $5.99/mo is good value for viewing all PL lax.
old salt

Post by old salt »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:58 pm

computers suck. off your smartphone, depending on source much better on archived games.
and real time, you don't lose definition on apps that are casted. upgraded from just a year ago.
As soon as I get my second covid shot, I'll do an actuarial trade off calculation of my life expectancy vs how long ESPN+ archives will be available. ;)
I'm quite proficient at reviewing & breaking down "game film" on my big screen via my after marker dvr w/remote control, even if SD vice HD.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

wgdsr wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:58 pm

Except for the, about a quarter to one third of your normal
cable bill, if you stream only part,

and, you can always go full HDMI for a few bucks
more, with a box, xFinity throws in the box
hook up for free.

I went standard VGA, large screen,
it works just fine.

My computer is my TV.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”