10stone5

Re: Lacrosse on TV

Post by 10stone5 »

I like the local flavor,
the local broadcasters,

a lot of school only broadcasts, of which there are
fewer and fewer, go all “professional” knowing there are
more viewers tuning into their streams.

I like the local homer broadcasters better.

I used to tune into UMass internet radio
just to hear Norm Smith rant and rave.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

2020-21 PATRIOT LEAGUE SPRING SCHEDULE ON CBS SPORTS NETWORK
DATE GAME TIME (all times ET)
Saturday, April 3 Loyola Maryland at Navy (Men’s Lacrosse) 2 p.m.
Saturday, April 10 Army West Point at Loyola Maryland (Men’s Lacrosse) 1 p.m.
Sunday, April 18 Lafayette at Lehigh (Men’s Lacrosse) Noon
Saturday, April 24 Army West Point at Navy (Men’s Lacrosse) Noon
Saturday, May 1 Navy at Lafayette (Men’s Lacrosse) Noon
Saturday, May 1 Flex Game (Men’s Lacrosse) 2:30 p.m.
Friday, May 7 2021 Patriot League Men’s Lacrosse Semifinal #1 4 p.m.
Friday, May 7 2021 Patriot League Men’s Lacrosse Semifinal #2 7 p.m.
Sunday, May 9 2021 Patriot League Men’s Lacrosse Championship Game Noon
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:31 pm I like the local flavor,
the local broadcasters,

a lot of school only broadcasts, of which there are
fewer and fewer, go all “professional” knowing there are
more viewers tuning into their streams.

I like the local homer broadcasters better.

I used to tune into UMass internet radio
just to hear Norm Smith rant and rave.
bellarmine kid (sounds 18) is great. all action, knows all the names, knows the game, has a litany of lines.
Cletus

It's not that hard to plan for...

Post by Cletus »

ESPNU shot themselves in the foot, again, with scheduling games too close together today. Maryland at Rutgers at noon will almost certainly bleed into Hop at Penn State at 2pm. This usually means we have to scramble to find the channel they are switching the noon game to, and hope our cable service carries the channel, OR, we have to wait for the noon game to finish and miss the beginning of the 2nd game. One half-hour more is all it would take (provided the game doesn't go into OT) to create the necessary spacing needed between games. If I was Sports Czar, I would make sure this never happened again.
johnnyonthegunpowder

Post by johnnyonthegunpowder »

Things I like about Jay Alter: I don't know where he's from, I don't what foods he likes, I don't know if his brother cooks or even if he has a brother, I don't know about his heritage, I don't know about his calves, I don't if he skis, I don't know if he's on Instagram, I don't know about his uncle's living room furniture, and he's a fantastic announcer.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

johnnyonthegunpowder wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:58 pm Things I like about Jay Alter: I don't know where he's from, I don't what foods he likes, I don't know if his brother cooks or even if he has a brother, I don't know about his heritage, I don't know about his calves, I don't if he skis, I don't know if he's on Instagram, I don't know about his uncle's living room furniture, and he's a fantastic announcer.
this has been flatly been going on for years, really well ocer a decade.
improvements/eliminated or at least downgraded some:
- "right down _____ street"
- stud, beast, monster
- acc athlete
- color guy was "all-american in 1980s/1990s"
- explaining shot oob rule

also still the same:
- hype for several guys and silence on mistakes/getting ripped/poor play until game is almost over
- the greatest ____ in college lacrosse
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

Tonight’s good coverage of the PSU/Michigan had two pros covering it live.

How much longer does ESPN/ACCN have the bro’s covering from their basement who can’t see what we can’t see?
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:26 pm Tonight’s good coverage of the PSU/Michigan had two pros covering it live.

How much longer does ESPN/ACCN have the bro’s covering from their basement who can’t see what we can’t see?
I understand not having them cover it from where the game is played; but at least have them do it in Bristol or Charlotte or from an ESPN studio. Anish looked like he was calling the game from a freaking broom closet yesterday. It was ridiculous
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Reviving this old post because I'm (bored of baseball) watching a UVA Marist game from 2019 ... a UVA announcer (color guy I think), noted early on that the UVA atk "got a touch" to settle in the offense.

Later, after a slash, and where the ACC-ESPN feed showed the penalized dpole kneeling in the box, commented that man down team (Marist) had gone to a zone (yea, no turd) and that Marist apparently believed that was "the best way to prevent uncontested shots" (or something to that effect). Basically he had no clue it was man up/down.

I like Boyle and the rest of the NBC team (other than "power play"), the LSN guys, coach Zim and some others that I recognize (Beninatti (sp) was great, last year's MLL playoffs comes to mind), but the Carc, Quint and Aneesh crew are okay despite what the Hopkins posters and supporters around here think and parrot from time to time.
old salt

Post by old salt »

I just converted my VHS taped games to dvd's. I really miss the Bmore ABC2 Game of the Week productions.
The camera work is still unrivaled & Scott Garceau, young Q & Kieth Mills were a great crew.

On webcasts, Navy's home game PLN & now ESPN+ websteams, with Pete Medhurst &/or Joe Miller, are superior to any of the networks.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:44 pm I just converted my VHS taped games to dvd's. I really miss the Bmore ABC2 Game of the Week productions.
The camera work is still unrivaled & Scott Garceau, young Q & Kieth Mills were a great crew.

On webcasts, Navy's home game PLN & now ESPN+ websteams, with Pete Medhurst &/or Joe Miller, are superior to any of the networks.
You should create a YouTube channel and upload the games.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:39 pm
old salt wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:44 pm I just converted my VHS taped games to dvd's. I really miss the Bmore ABC2 Game of the Week productions.

You should create a YouTube channel and upload the games.
I've pondered that, but I'm not tech savvy enough to do it myself. I use a dvr w/hdd, rather than a computer, to edit & record to dvd.. I'd gladly make my dvd library & unconverted VHS tapes available to someone willing to take on the project to share Navy lax games & maybe even a larger number of FB games, with the global Navy fanbase. I thought it might be a potential fundraiser for FONL, derived from youtube ad clicks. There may be copyright issues. I don't know if tv ads would have to be edited out.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”