Hobart 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Laxfan1234

Hobart 2021

Post by Laxfan1234 »

Figured it was about time to start a 2021 thread. Very optimistic about this year’s team!
Laxfan1234

Re: Hobart 2021

Post by Laxfan1234 »

Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Interesting podcast. Coach Raymond talks about not only getting to know a recruit, but their parents as well. Being a good teammate is a top focus when recruiting as exemplified by his comment that they decided to pass on their top focus at midfield (didn't mention which recruiting class) because he didn't interact well with his teammates. He didn't congratulate the guy who fed him for the goal. Culture fit takes precedent to talent when looking for the right players. Glad the program is focused on the things that will continue to be important later in life.
GeneralBart

Post by GeneralBart »

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

We don’t often get a lot of recruits from Fairfield county so that’s interesting. Last one I can recall from Darien didn’t even make it to campus instead dropping out and transferring to Lehigh by the name Cody Newton, a midfielder.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

Wow, Hobart passed on a top recruit because he didn't thank the player who assisted on his goal.... maybe the player was so excited he scored, he just forgot. How are you able to judge character so quickly?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

It’s called an Executive Decision and part of the responsibility and risk owned by the head of a program or any organization. Always important to keep in mind that it’s the person in the seat who bears the consequences of those decisions.
See Martin, Malcolm
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

After years of building a cohesive unit, the last guy you want is someone who shows division. I'm sure it wasn't just the lack of a thank you. The coaches do so much research. The thank you prob sealed it.
Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

SMAIN wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:23 pm Wow, Hobart passed on a top recruit because he didn't thank the player who assisted on his goal.... maybe the player was so excited he scored, he just forgot. How are you able to judge character so quickly?
He just forgot? Seriously? Did you listen to the podcast? Take that garbage somewhere else. There are players (and parents) that care more about individual performance, stats, and awards than their teams performance and teammates. It’s not forgetfulness it’s selfishness. Coach Raymond doesn’t want that type of player on his team. I bet his players don’t either. Don’t try to explain away, defend, or justify poor behavior/character. Good find some other thread to troll on.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

SMAIN wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 3:23 pm Wow, Hobart passed on a top recruit because he didn't thank the player who assisted on his goal.... maybe the player was so excited he scored, he just forgot. How are you able to judge character so quickly?
Please listen to the podcast. I highlighted the first point Coach Raymond made. He went on to mention how the player interacted/did not interact as a teammate overall. It was not a single play. If you listen to the podcast, he talks about how being a real teammate is important. Every play contributes to the results.

In other words Smain, if you have one of your children at H&WS are not happy with the colleges and the majors and fields of study, they can transfer. As far as the lax program goes, the coaching staff are developing at top notch program that will not only be a top team in D I , they are giving these young men the tools to succeed later in life. Maybe your focus would be better off at LIBERTY U...
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

Well, I have to admit I didn't listen to the podcast I was reacting to the post. But, here you have a kid maybe 17, 18 years of age, maybe came from a one parent family, no good up bring and the kid is angry. Who knows what his problems are. We all have flaws, and who knows maybe Raymond can help the kid with some direction.
And I must say, Laxfan1234 seems to be angry also.
Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

SMAIN wrote: Sun Oct 25, 2020 3:07 pm Well, I have to admit I didn't listen to the podcast I was reacting to the post.
You should listen to the podcast.
Last edited by Laxfan1234 on Tue Oct 27, 2020 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
SMAIN

Post by SMAIN »

Don't quite understand what's going on here, but I posted what I thought was an innocent observation to a post and I get a lot of blow back. To set the record straight I'm an Hobart alum, I played both Football and lacrosse when the Boz was situated just north of Smith Hall. I attended back in the good days when we danced and drank beer on a Saturday night, all under the watchful eyes of a couple of faculty members. There's more I could say but the point is made.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

I just think there is lots of love for Raymond and the direction we're heading. Personally, I think one of his greatest strengths is recruiting. He recruits for character as much as skill, and he is looking to build a whole team not a bunch of individual players. If he makes a quick decision and blows it, that's how it goes. But he has a principle.
Hobart is not the same place you (or I) went smain. I wish it were, but the whole landscape has changed ... and continues to change. Parents and lawyers have driven the changes ... more more more for our wonderful kids ( you should see SAGA or the athetic facilities or Gearan Center) but then complain about the costs.
Admissions should follow Raymond's recruiting principles .
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

There is a nice article on Eric Holden on the Maryland thread, page 9.
Laxfan1234

Post by Laxfan1234 »

oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

We've picked up 2 2022 recruits

Ellis Wilson

https://www.instagram.com/p/CG84n6qhhtH ... k4s5r5hj45

and attackman Braeden Wimer from Monarch HS in CO. (can't find a link now)

Welcome to the family!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

There's a James Green from Episcopal listed as well as a 21. - midfielder. Common name so afraid to link the wrong one but think he might somehow be affiliated with Harlem Lacrosse as well which would be cool since we had two FR last year and I believe one other coming in next year.
See Martin, Malcolm

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”