D1 Mens Lacrosse
AreaLax

Re: Maryland 2021

Post by AreaLax »

1st round Bernhardt brothers vs the other Bernhardt brother
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Ridiculous that the Terps are the 3 seed. Guess they should have beaten High Point a couple of times to get some respect.
keno in reno

Post by keno in reno »

Terps got screwed. If they get past Vermont....#3 is one thing, road game against #6 Notre Dame seems vindictive.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

keno in reno wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:27 pm Terps got screwed. If they get past Vermont....#3 is one thing, road game against #6 Notre Dame seems vindictive.
terps paid for the 9 spot for rutgers.

maybe fans'll hop off the b1g bandwagon.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Well, that MD/ND game will be a fun one. And we'll get a pretty clear view about how good the two conferences actually are. Don't really understand why dumping on the B1G became such a thing - ACC is great, but strange to get a lot of respect from playing and beating up on a generally mediocre OOC schedule.
Laxfan4

Post by Laxfan4 »

Who would you rather have them match up with? NC, Duke, Virginia or ND? If MD is really that good, it doesn't really matter, does it?
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Laxfan4 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:43 pm Who would you rather have them match up with? NC, Duke, Virginia or ND? If MD is really that good, it doesn't really matter, does it?
Sending a higher seed out to a lower seed for the QF game? The 3 seed doesn't bother me as much as the QF site.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Wheels wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:50 pm
Laxfan4 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:43 pm Who would you rather have them match up with? NC, Duke, Virginia or ND? If MD is really that good, it doesn't really matter, does it?
Sending a higher seed out to a lower seed for the QF game? The 3 seed doesn't bother me as much as the QF site.
Agree, but also think ND shouldn't be the 6. They should be the 5. And the 3 should get the Hoyas in the second round. GTown is really good, but anyone think they're actually better than ND?
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

How about none of them in the QF? I’d rather face gtown ten times out of ten then have to go play ND at home. None of this crap makes sense.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

NYterp09 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:57 pm
How about none of them in the QF? I’d rather face gtown ten times out of ten then have to go play ND at home. None of this crap makes sense.
We can agree today. You guys got screwed. You deserved better.
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

nyjay wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:00 pm
I guess we shouldn’t really be surprised that the ACC got the kid gloves treatment again. Terps are prob gonna have to beat the three best ACC teams to win the title so at least no one can say they won’t deserve it if they pull it off.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

One game at a time. First up Vermont (coached by former Terps)
terp talk

Re: Maryland 2021---#3 Seed --Joke

Post by terp talk »

The 3 seed is the ultimate insult to the program but you could see it coming all year. The whole lax world has been tilted towards the ACC except for Dixon. But the real shocker is the 6 seed hosting the 3 seed at Notre Dame. The guys have to have a giant chip on their shoulders in the the way they were dissed. Notre Dame---Duke ---Carolina----no there is no bullseye on the Terps!! Bring it on.
Take care of business against Jake and Vermont Sunday and then the Big--ACC Battle can begin.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Jake Higgins out for the year. Leg injury. Had surgery.

Chase Cope will see more time, but it means Roman, Josh, and Alex will log a ton of time. Won't so matter until the Final 4, probably, and only if you win that game.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

NYterp09 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:04 pm
I guess we shouldn’t really be surprised that the ACC got the kid gloves treatment again. Terps are prob gonna have to beat the three best ACC teams to win the title so at least no one can say they won’t deserve it if they pull it off.
i thought they should've lined up conferences separately to see what was what.
my bracket would've been terps #1 or put terps 2 and have an acc #5 be #6.

the committee seemed to not care about that as much or maybe they did. all the things leonard defended for unc/duke #1, 2 are the exact opposite for accepting rutgers. but b1g fans have been defending rutgers all year. coming to roost.
NYterp09

Post by NYterp09 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:24 pm
NYterp09 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:04 pm
i thought they should've lined up conferences separately to see what was what.
my bracket would've been terps #1 or put terps 2 and have an acc #5 be #6.

the committee seemed to not care about that as much or maybe they did. all the things leonard defended for unc/duke #1, 2 are the exact opposite for accepting rutgers. but b1g fans have been defending rutgers all year. coming to roost.
Leonard’s interview was awful. Provided exactly zero clarification.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

The BIG conference screwed Maryland as much as the committee. With no OOC games and playing each in conference twice - the fact that the Terps and Rutgers beat everybody else in the conference made the conference look weak - no one else had more than 4 wins. While the ACC had a chance to play 12-13 regular season games including the famed 33-1 OOC record - and they typically only had to play one other conference opponent twice. So I wasn't surprised so much at the #3 seed but having to go out to South Bend for the quarters is a joke. Best of luck from this Jay.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

51percentcorn wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:26 am The BIG conference screwed Maryland as much as the committee. With no OOC games and playing each in conference twice - the fact that the Terps and Rutgers beat everybody else in the conference made the conference look weak - no one else had more than 4 wins. While the ACC had a chance to play 12-13 regular season games including the famed 33-1 OOC record - and they typically only had to play one other conference opponent twice. So I wasn't surprised so much at the #3 seed but having to go out to South Bend for the quarters is a joke. Best of luck from this Jay.
+1
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

51percentcorn wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:26 am The BIG conference screwed Maryland as much as the committee. With no OOC games and playing each in conference twice - the fact that the Terps and Rutgers beat everybody else in the conference made the conference look weak - no one else had more than 4 wins. While the ACC had a chance to play 12-13 regular season games including the famed 33-1 OOC record - and they typically only had to play one other conference opponent twice. So I wasn't surprised so much at the #3 seed but having to go out to South Bend for the quarters is a joke. Best of luck from this Jay.
The ACC beat up on each other, but they all started much higher in the polls. I listed the ACCs OOC opponents earlier in this thread, and it's a slate of 34 games that the ACC should have been favored to win, and credit to them for winning almost all of them. But it reinforced the ACC image, and having their premier match-ups play in primetime on an ESPN property (with announcers that write columns and do podcasts on IL and US Lax Mag) certainly didn't hurt. Having PSU and OSU so badly underperform preseason expectations is what hurt the B1G.
blue angels

Post by blue angels »

Wheels wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:20 am
The ACC beat up on each other, but they all started much higher in the polls. I listed the ACCs OOC opponents earlier in this thread, and it's a slate of 34 games that the ACC should have been favored to win, and credit to them for winning almost all of them. But it reinforced the ACC image, and having their premier match-ups play in primetime on an ESPN property (with announcers that write columns and do podcasts on IL and US Lax Mag) certainly didn't hurt. Having PSU and OSU so badly underperform preseason expectations is what hurt the B1G.
I hear all this continued Terp bitching and moaning about the ACC & having to play Notre Dame at their place in the quarters but nothing from the Notre Dame side. It isn’t a particularly good look…….The Domers aren’t the ones worrying about the future matchup and just confidently expect to win. We shall see….

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”