Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by HopFan16 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:18 am Good argument.
Link to "all-time" list?
Page 76 https://hopkinssports.com/documents/201 ... _7_19_.pdf
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:41 am
Link to "all-time" list?
Thanks, knew I'd seen it.
Always marvel at Hopkins' lax.

Yes, I see why leaving the Stanwicks off rankles, given that the list isn't simply, say the best 5, at each position.

That said, like everything else, winning teams translate to greater recognition of individual players.
But certainly the Stanwicks are among the very best of this past decade, two decades.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

I guess I didn't understand what the "All Time Team" actually was. Guess I need to study the record book more closely to keep up around here. It does seem misnamed though, it's really more of an HOF concept. Even JHU doesn't keep 134 guys on the roster at a time, maybe next year though. My thoughts were premised on it actually being what the name implied and more a defense of inclusion of Brown over the Stanwicks. Having looked at the list though, there's no question the Stanwicks belong on it and I'd hope the right people would consider rectifying the oversight.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:46 am
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:41 am
Link to "all-time" list?
Thanks, knew I'd seen it.
Always marvel at Hopkins' lax.

Yes, I see why leaving the Stanwicks off rankles, given that the list isn't simply, say the best 5, at each position.

That said, like everything else, winning teams translate to greater recognition of individual players.
But certainly the Stanwicks are among the very best of this past decade, two decades.
I think Joel Tinney should be on the All-Time Team.
Mr. F

Post by Mr. F »

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2020/4/1 ... hange.aspx

Just an FYI, petro is officially done at Hopkins
JHUFan

Post by JHUFan »

Along with Benson and Dwan, it seems. Long time coming! Surprised it didn't come out after the school year's end, though.
JHUFan

Post by JHUFan »

Mr. F wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:52 am https://hopkinssports.com/news/2020/4/1 ... hange.aspx

Along with Benson and Dwan, it seems. Long time coming! Surprised it didn't come out after the school year's end, though.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

Mr. F wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:52 am https://hopkinssports.com/news/2020/4/1 ... hange.aspx

Finally!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

WOW. I had it wrong. Thought they'd keep him another year.

Everyone who has been begging for this to happen—you got what you wanted. I really hope it was the right thing to do.

Still have a lot to think about and say on the topic but in the mean time I'll just wish Dave well and thank him for everything he did for this school.

I guess I have to change my avatar.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

Alright...who do you guys want? Who do you think you'll end up with?

IMO, can't go wrong with Nads but won't be surprised if Raymond ends up there. Fun offense. Still has a defensive background.
JHUFan

Post by JHUFan »

Let the coaching hire speculation begin!

Some quick thoughts, none of which anyone is inclined to take seriously if they choose not to, but I'd still like to put it out there:

1. Does Hopkins go the alumni route, albeit some unproven alumni? i.e Seth Tierney

2. Looking for a young and possibly unprovven coach or an older more well-known coach?

3. Go after a Lars Tiffany or Andy Shay type-- coaches who already have won a national championship and are satisfied with that for now who may be interested in joining Hopkins given its great tradition and history and would like to cement their legacy there. They may be satiated with recent National Titles for now and would be ok moving to Hopkins if it means they can cement a legacy in the greatest lacrosse school in history in the long term? Or is that just too far fetched for us to expect from those guys who have good programs already?

Thoughts? Particularly on point 3
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Nads maybe.

Raymond has a skeleton in his closet not discussed here.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

JHUFan wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:19 pm Let the coaching hire speculation begin!

Some quick thoughts, none of which anyone is inclined to take seriously if they choose not to, but I'd still like to put it out there:

1. Does Hopkins go the alumni route, albeit some unproven alumni? i.e Seth Tierney

2. Looking for a young and possibly unprovven coach or an older more well-known coach?

3. Go after a Lars Tiffany or Andy Shay type-- coaches who already have won a national championship and are satisfied with that for now who may be interested in joining Hopkins given its great tradition and history and would like to cement their legacy there. They may be satiated with recent National Titles for now and would be ok moving to Hopkins if it means they can cement a legacy in the greatest lacrosse school in history in the long term? Or is that just too far fetched for us to expect from those guys who have good programs already?

I would seriously try to hire John Tillman. Doubt he'd leave his cushy gig at College Park, but it's worth a try.
Greg Raymond is the hot name right now, and my guess is he's the guy they try the hardest to hire.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:21 pm Nads maybe.

Raymond has a skeleton in his closet not discussed here.
The car accident is behind him. I did think about him. The next coach will inherit some good young talent. Best of luck.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
It aint over yet

Post by It aint over yet »

Albany's coach Scott Marr alum class of 90 Son play at Hopkins That angle goes well with many alumni right? Marr has done a great job turning Albany into a vey good program Few great years n there
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

Sagittarius A* wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:22 pm
JHUFan wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:19 pm Let the coaching hire speculation begin!

I would seriously try to hire John Tillman. Doubt he'd leave his cushy gig at College Park, but it's worth a try.
Greg Raymond is the hot name right now, and my guess is he's the guy they try the hardest to hire.
what about Nadelen from Towson? he's always been able to do more with less so to say ( this is not a knock against Towson at all)
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

It aint over yet wrote: Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:34 pm Albany's coach Scott Marr alum class of 90 Son play at Hopkins That angle goes well with many alumni right? Marr has done a great job turning Albany into a vey good program Few great years n there
He runs a very different program up at Albany. I wonder how his style would mesh at the more conservative JHU.
notentitled

Post by notentitled »

This forum will not be nearly as much fun. Reading the hate mail towards Pietramala was great comedy. Fortunately, it will take only a few losses by the next coach and the comedy will begin again. :)
It aint over yet

Post by It aint over yet »

"He runs a very different program up at Albany. I wonder how his style would mesh at the more conservative JHU." True but sport has changed Hopkns needs to go in a new direction Marr certainly change things up with high scoring type of play

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”