FanLax Forum Poll

D1 Mens Lacrosse
admin
Site Admin

FanLax Forum Poll

Post by admin »

Numerous post-ers have mentioned having a FanLax Forum Poll and many have expressed an interest in being involved. The broad brushstrokes involve submitting a weekly poll (with rationale) which will be amalgamated to create a FanLax Forum Poll. All other details (e.g. How many teams, etc.) are To Be Determined. Who wants in? Post below or message me.
OCanada

Re: FanLax Forum Poll

Post by OCanada »

I would do it. LaxPower had one.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

I'm down
Dip&Dunk

Post by Dip&Dunk »

I will gladly read the results...but I only know three teams (the team where I live, the team my son plays on and the team from my school) so I don't feel qualified to rate other teams. I would look forward to opinions from those who know (and watch first hand!) weekly though.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Dip, I dunno. I think you're like most of us. Follow a couple teams more closely than others but those couple of teams serve as an entry into most every team. But not pressuring you...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Velvet.Fog

Post by Velvet.Fog »

I’m interested. Tried to send private message as well. Thanks.

Velvet Fog
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

I am in
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

great idea - and I can justify my Delaware pick every week if need be
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

I'll certainly check it out, maybe contribute if my schedule allows decent viewing opportunities- have espn+ (or whatever it's now called), but no catv, so viewing restricted compared to when I purchased it.
NElaxtalent

Post by NElaxtalent »

Sure.
molo

Post by molo »

Like bearlax, I don’t have cable but will rejoin espn+ once the session starts. Plus, being retired and living in Baltimore, I see my fair share of live games. I’m game.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

bearlaxfan wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:08 pm I'll certainly check it out, maybe contribute if my schedule allows decent viewing opportunities- have espn+ (or whatever it's now called), but no catv, so viewing restricted compared to when I purchased it.
Bear, that mean you're in?
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

jersey shore lax wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:59 pm great idea - and I can justify my Delaware pick every week if need be
Jersey, that mean you're in?
Caddy Day
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

I'm in :D
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

admin wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:58 pm Numerous post-ers have mentioned having a FanLax Forum Poll and many have expressed an interest in being involved. The broad brushstrokes involve submitting a weekly poll (with rationale) which will be amalgamated to create a FanLax Forum Poll. All other details (e.g. How many teams, etc.) are To Be Determined. Who wants in? Post below or message me.
I think people should think about it it before committing to it. You have to do it every week all season long, and come up with some good rationales. You have to keep up with teams that you might not be too interested in. Doing a good job of it takes some effort.
To do a top 20, you probably have to look at at least 30 teams.

I'd consider doing it.
Live Free or Die!
molo

Post by molo »

Cooter was a fixture on the LP poll. Gotta have him. He makes a good point about the work it takes. Lots of people are familiar with their favorite teams and others in their conferences. Top 10 is not so tough. From 11 to 20 takes some research.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Current thinking:

#1 - The POST-ER POLLS be Top Tens. There will also be a "FORUM POLL" which will be an amalgamate of all the POST-ER POLLS. So each of the POST-ER POLLS will be Top Tens but the FORUM POLL (unless every Post-er Poll has the same 10 teams) will be more.
#2 - The polls will be due on Monday night and will be posted on Tuesday by noon.
#3 - We'll be posting the FORUM and POST-ER POLLS within the website with a link to a thread within the relevant Forum. (e.g. D1 Men Forum, D1 Women Forum, D3 Men Forum, etc.) Within the relevant Forum, the Post-ers who submitted Polls will have an opportunity to explain their Poll as well as to add more teams if they felt limited by the Top Ten. And, of course, all post-ers will have an opportunity to offer support, ask questions, deride and ridicule the Poll Post-ers for their weak choices, etc.

That's the thinking for now.
Cooter

Post by Cooter »

admin wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 6:05 pm Current thinking:

#1 - The POST-ER POLLS be Top Tens. There will also be a "FORUM POLL" which will be an amalgamate of all the POST-ER POLLS. So each of the POST-ER POLLS will be Top Tens but the FORUM POLL (unless every Post-er Poll has the same 10 teams) will be more.
It would be my opinion that to have a good top 10, posters would have to provide maybe a top 15.
When one looks at the current coaches poll with points listed:
9 Denver 167 10-5
10 North Carolina 161 8-7
11 Johns Hopkins 149 8-8
12 Ohio State 148 8-4
13 Cornell 139 10-5
There are a lot of teams packed around #10.
Live Free or Die!
TheBigIguana

Post by TheBigIguana »

I'm willing to participate.
The Orfling

Post by The Orfling »

I'd be up for it.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”