Is a 2021 season going to happen?

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Is a 2021 season going to happen?

Post by youthathletics »

GoBirds28 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:53 pm I’ve mentioned it before but a college teammate is an assistant coach at a well know d3. Saw him this weekend and when asked if he expected to be coaching will be played his response was

“Lacrosse will be played but expect the ivy and Nescac to opt out which will cause the “wanna be academic elite (patriot and centennial) to do the same” it’s an optics game in and those schools can afford it

When asked how it was at his institution on a day to day... He said the following “ I can go recruit and coach a club team on the weekend with no rules and regulations at all, the school does not provide testing for me I’m on my own but come Monday I’m not allow to get kids on the field to play catch, it’s the twilight zone”
Sickening what schools are doing. Let’s hope states like Florida pull us out of this by example.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

youthathletics wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:49 pm
GoBirds28 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:53 pm I’ve mentioned it before but a college teammate is an assistant coach at a well know d3. Saw him this weekend and when asked if he expected to be coaching will be played his response was

“Lacrosse will be played but expect the ivy and Nescac to opt out which will cause the “wanna be academic elite (patriot and centennial) to do the same” it’s an optics game in and those schools can afford it

When asked how it was at his institution on a day to day... He said the following “ I can go recruit and coach a club team on the weekend with no rules and regulations at all, the school does not provide testing for me I’m on my own but come Monday I’m not allow to get kids on the field to play catch, it’s the twilight zone”
Sickening what schools are doing. Let’s hope states like Florida pull us out of this by example.
So club lacrosse teams should set the standard? That guy shouldn’t be allowed on campus if he is running around with kids that are not practicing safe protocols. His side hustle is only helping to keep the virus circulating. If he is out running around, he should get himself tested. He sounds irresponsible.
“I wish you would!”
GoBirds28

Post by GoBirds28 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:54 pm

So club lacrosse teams should set the standard? That guy shouldn’t be allowed on campus if he is running around with kids that are not practicing safe protocols. His side hustle is only helping to keep the virus circulating. If he is out running around, he should get himself tested. He sounds irresponsible.
He actually gets a test every Monday and Thursday on his own dime because his wife has an immunodeficiency. He acknowledges the risk but understands it can be done and he is in the minority as far as healthy households.
Typical Lax Dad

GoBirds28 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:11 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:54 pm

He actually gets a test every Monday and Thursday on his own dime because his wife has an immunodeficiency. He acknowledges the risk but understands it can be done and he is in the minority as far as healthy households.
Thanks. It’s unfortunate. He should be extra careful if his wife is compromised. My mother in law was just released from the hospital (unrelated to Covid). In rehab facility now and we can visit from the window. Hospital is full of patients and she spent a couple of days on a ventilator. Going to the hospital when the virus is surging seems like it would be a deadly gamble. Hopefully he and his wife stay safe.
“I wish you would!”
bauer4429

Post by bauer4429 »

USA Today had a disheartening article by Jay Cannon today on the impact all this has had on college athletes. Hope this turns around soon.
Typical Lax Dad

bauer4429 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:02 pm USA Today had a disheartening article by Jay Cannon today on the impact all this has had on college athletes. Hope this turns around soon.
I feel bad for college athletes. It’s time you can’t get back.
“I wish you would!”
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:16 pm
bauer4429 wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:02 pm USA Today had a disheartening article by Jay Cannon today on the impact all this has had on college athletes. Hope this turns around soon.
I feel bad for college athletes. It’s time you can’t get back.
Uh, I feel bad for everyone — it’s time none of us can get back!
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
pridelax13

Post by pridelax13 »

Unfortunately it doesn't look good for the IVY league. Almost certainly not having a spring season, and it they do most teams will not be competitive on a national scene due to so many kids opting out by taking a gap year this year. Haven't heard about the NESCAC or other d3 conferences.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

On the D3 Board:
westcoastlax wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:14 am A decision about spring sports will be made in coming months in coordination with the NCAA and NESCAC.

While the NESCAC has not yet addressed spring sport competitions, spring athletes should be aware that current conditions would not allow us to engage in competition.

Based on this statement, a lacrosse season this spring is very unlikely to happen.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
GoBirds28

Post by GoBirds28 »

44WeWantMore wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:27 pm On the D3 Board:
westcoastlax wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 11:14 am A decision about spring sports will be made in coming months in coordination with the NCAA and NESCAC.

While the NESCAC has not yet addressed spring sport competitions, spring athletes should be aware that current conditions would not allow us to engage in competition.

Based on this statement, a lacrosse season this spring is very unlikely to happen.
No doubt the vast majority if any of the schools in these conferences will not be playing this come spring.
Ivy
NESCAC
Patriot
Centennial

What is so crazy is somehow there are quite a few "less academic" schools that are having regular practices and the entire school community on campus with minimal to no issues. I guess all those brilliant people running those Ivy, Patriot,NESCAC and Centennial schools, should be making some calls since they clearly can't figure it out
smoova

Post by smoova »

GoBirds28 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:00 am No doubt the vast majority if any of the schools in these conferences will not be playing this come spring.
Ivy
NESCAC
Patriot
Centennial

What is so crazy is somehow there are quite a few "less academic" schools that are having regular practices and the entire school community on campus with minimal to no issues. I guess all those brilliant people running those Ivy, Patriot,NESCAC and Centennial schools, should be making some calls since they clearly can't figure it out
Perhaps this is just a question of acceptable risk and "those brilliant people" put a higher value on the safety of their teachers, administrators, staff and high-risk students.
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

smoova wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:00 am
GoBirds28 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:00 am No doubt the vast majority if any of the schools in these conferences will not be playing this come spring.
Ivy
NESCAC
Patriot
Centennial

Perhaps this is just a question of acceptable risk and "those brilliant people" put a higher value on the safety of their teachers, administrators, staff and high-risk students.
Oh, you mean the 0.5%?? If you're at risk, hopefully you know enough to take the necessary precautions. Again, it makes no sense to quarantine healthy people. Even the WHO has finally acknowledged this... I
smoova

Post by smoova »

FMUBart wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:47 am
Ivy
NESCAC
Patriot
Centennial

Oh, you mean the 0.5%?? If you're at risk, hopefully you know enough to take the necessary precautions. Again, it makes no sense to quarantine healthy people. Even the WHO has finally acknowledged this... I
"Sense" is rooted in priorities and everyone's are different. The challenge with this virus is the persistent dearth of rapid testing makes it impossible to identify the "healthy people."
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

What HS soccer is like currently in Massachusetts. Not simple...
https://www.boston.com/sports/sports-ne ... s-policies
Caddy Day
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Swarthmore suspends all sports for the spring semester. https://www.delcotimes.com/sports/swart ... f2d66.html
Caddy Day
FMUBart

Post by FMUBart »

smoova wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:48 am
Ivy
NESCAC
Patriot
Centennial

"Sense" is rooted in priorities and everyone's are different. The challenge with this virus is the persistent dearth of rapid testing makes it impossible to identify the "healthy people."
Really? Well, then I'll do it for you: the non-elderly, no co-morbidities, etc, are "healthy people" -- to them the virus is not deadly. Those at risk should take the necessary precautions. Perhaps I should've written: "Commonsense"
smoova

Post by smoova »

FMUBart wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:14 pm
smoova wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:48 am
Ivy
NESCAC
Patriot
Centennial

Really? Well, then I'll do it for you: the non-elderly, no co-morbidities, etc, are "healthy people" -- to them the virus is not deadly. Those at risk should take the necessary precautions. Perhaps I should've written: "Commonsense"
Hmmm ... CDC comorbidities include obesity and smoking. By your definition, these folks are not "healthy people." Roughly 40% of the US is obese and 15% smoke. You tossed in "non-elderly" and 15% of the US is over 65. You really want all these people to quarantine? Are you Gov. Newsom?
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

Hofstra mens basketball schedule just posted , starts jan , league only games
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

hofpride wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:55 pm Hofstra mens basketball schedule just posted , starts jan , league only games
2020-21 Men's Basketball Schedule
Choose A Location:
All Games
Go
Season
2020-21
Go

Add To Calendar
100+
Print
Grid
Text
William & Mary logo
vs
Site logo
Next Game
Jan 2 / TBA
DAY
HOUR
MIN
SEC
Experience Live:
Live audio for Men's Basketball vs William & Mary on January 2, 2021
Live video for Men's Basketball vs William & Mary on January 2, 2021 at TBA
Live stats for Men's Basketball vs William & Mary on January 2, 2021 at TBA
Location: Hempstead, NY / David S. Mack Sports and Exhibition Complex
The schedule below reflects Colonial Athletic Association contests only. The non-conference schedule will be released on a later date.

This is from Hofstra's website, they are still in the process of scheduling non-conference games.

JoeMauer89!

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”