FanLax Rules

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
MDlaxfan76

Re: FanLax Rules

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:46 pm We’ve got somebody running around int eh last hour trashing everyone . This should be addressed and I hate this sort of thing but in going to respond poorly rather soon and if that’s allowed to happen then there’s no point to having these boards at all.

And given no posts since early Feb from this cat and then I see five replies that were not in conversations this person was involved with it suggests it’s a secondary handle for someone who hasn’t been allowed to post under another handle.

I’m deadly serious about this. No idea who this jerk is but it’s out of control.
I see you reported him, used the ! to do so?

Weird attacks, very personal, out of the blue...

Admin,
Was this indeed a secondary handle that slipped through or actually a different poster who stumbled back here after many months away?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:40 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:46 pm We’ve got somebody running around int eh last hour trashing everyone . This should be addressed and I hate this sort of thing but in going to respond poorly rather soon and if that’s allowed to happen then there’s no point to having these boards at all.

And given no posts since early Feb from this cat and then I see five replies that were not in conversations this person was involved with it suggests it’s a secondary handle for someone who hasn’t been allowed to post under another handle.

I’m deadly serious about this. No idea who this jerk is but it’s out of control.

Admin,
Was this indeed a secondary handle that slipped through or actually a different poster who stumbled back here after many months away?
9/11 is a tough day,for many, many people. Best to remember that.

your request is bizzarre, imho.

(and, best keep this FACT in mind. one of the "moderators" from LP had , what 20 to more.....user names. This, from a guy that had control of who can say what, where, when )

same party, different house. Read that somewhere.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Admin,
Yeah I used the ! on like 4 of the five that shot in within a very short period. Never have before in my life but frankly I was concerned that I’d stoop down to that level and behave poorly in response.
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:36 am

Admin,

(and, best keep this FACT in mind. one of the "moderators" from LP had , what 20 to more.....user names. This, from a guy that had control of who can say what, where, when )

I don’t think the inquiry, not request which is the wrong description, is inappropriate. This was a full on assault out of left field from an account that hasn’t been used in many many months, had less than 50 posts historically and was clearly targeted at 2-3 folks.

As for the “he did it so it’s ok to behave that way” and point to LP, a separate site with separate ownership would seem more inappropriate that the inquiry made above.
See Martin, Malcolm
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

runrussellrun wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 11:36 am

Admin,

Do you think this was a 9-11 thing? Hadn't considered a mental break sort of thing, but ok.
still...penalty box.

Not sure why my question is bizarre...presumably a poster who is in the penalty box can't just use another handle to ignore the penalty. Geneva had speculated as such, so the question.

I find the whole multiple handles thing bizarre. And yes, I'm aware that it's not unheard of... ;)
ggait

Post by ggait »

Re: Race in America - Riots Explode in Minneapolis
Post by Peter Brown » Sun Nov 21, 2021 6:55 pm

Sorry to interrupt the echo chamber, but…

It appears as if BLM just committed a mass casualty event in Wisconsin. Appears being operative word.

I’ll verify when possible, but the reports seem solid.

You may wish to take a look at news.
Admin -- I think this one deserves a serious penalty.

While the details on this event are still emerging, there is literally no evidence at the time of posting that it was in any way related to BLM.

So this would appear, based on info known at the time of the post, to be disinformation and making things up for the purpose of racist trolling.

Garbage like this should not be allowed in these parts.

ggait
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
RedFromMI

Post by RedFromMI »

According to my Twitter feed last night, there was a ton of activity on RW related blogs and feeds making similar claims. In the past some of this has been outside agitation.

For example, of something like 32K tweets about freeing Rittenhouse, it appears that something like 29K had overseas origins - mostly Russia, China, and EU...

Amplifying that sort of stuff without actually having a good source is the real problem here.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

RedFromMI wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:50 am Amplifying that sort of stuff without actually having a good source is the real problem here.
What's strange to me is that post-ers of this ilk actually believe that they have valid, rock-solid information. When, clearly, objectively, this is not the case.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:08 am
RedFromMI wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 8:50 am Amplifying that sort of stuff without actually having a good source is the real problem here.
What's strange to me is that post-ers of this ilk actually believe that they have valid, rock-solid information. When, clearly, objectively, this is not the case.
Can only conclude intent
See Martin, Malcolm
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:48 am Can only conclude intent
Maybe wishfulness
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:49 am
Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:48 am Can only conclude intent
Maybe wishfulness
Actually, given the poster's prior actions, I think he actually knows that he's often lying, willfully and knowingly spreading disinformation.

More than merely "wishfulness", ugly as that would be.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Wishing fatty and Joe a Happy Thanksgiving and lettin' ya know you're not forgotten while in the bin of silence and castigation. I know fatty was well stocked and will share, so both should be good in that respect.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

When they were in jail, you visited them.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

What's up with posting unsubstantiated lockeroom rumors here?
Specifically accusing kids of stuff that's not posted in the media or social media anywhere?
Seems libelous if the family wants to get lawyer-y.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 10:40 am What's up with posting unsubstantiated lockeroom rumors here?
Specifically accusing kids of stuff that's not posted in the media or social media anywhere?
Seems libelous if the family wants to get lawyer-y.
What are your referring to?

Libel is a strong accusation, but certainly understand why it's worth considering where a line shouldn't be crossed.

Especially when talking about kids...

EDIT: ahh, Loyola thread...worthy of discussion.

I think the legal folks would tell you none of that was libel, but certainly there's a question as to what's fair to spread and what's not. Looks to me like the posters were clear that they don't know anything for certain, but that what they've been told is XYZ...so, that can be taken with a big grain of salt of course...seems to me that the responses were also appropriate...if there was an issue it's likely understood and would be part of the process.

Myself, except for extraordinarily bad behaviors, I'm for giving young folks an opportunity to grow and redeem themselves if they have transgressed prior. And I think coaches have a responsibility to enable that to concur, which doesn't mean that transgressive behaviors are excused or condoned, or even that a young person shouldn't be removed from a given team...but second chances are important as well.

I have zero knowledge of this specific situation!

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”