LarryGamLax (1 Minute) 2 Day

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
Bart

Re: LarryGamLax (1 Minute) 2 Day

Post by Bart »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:11 pm
LaxFan2000 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:01 pm Relatively new poster here, wouldn't those be best served by just flat out not engaging? It doesn't seem there is any obligation to engage and try and "refute" what this so called "troll" keeps posting. From my short time on this site, it seems that some posters feel like its an obligation of theirs to engage and "shut" this person down. It seems as if they not blameless either. Just my two cents.
I have stayed clear of the thread in question. The problem LF2000 and I have said it to you as well Matt....if no one replies it gives credence to what the individual is saying. If so one challenges on posts then it just hangs out there like a rotten road kill festering in the wind for all to see and smell and no one to pick it up. Leaving some of these things unchallenged give a bit of legitimacy to what is being said. I do not know what this latest blow up is about, do not care, I have alway been of the mind that post what you want.......just don't complain when someone takes you to the woodshed.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bart wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:35 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:11 pm
LaxFan2000 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:01 pm Relatively new poster here, wouldn't those be best served by just flat out not engaging? It doesn't seem there is any obligation to engage and try and "refute" what this so called "troll" keeps posting. From my short time on this site, it seems that some posters feel like its an obligation of theirs to engage and "shut" this person down. It seems as if they not blameless either. Just my two cents.
I have stayed clear of the thread in question. The problem LF2000 and I have said it to you as well Matt....if no one replies it gives credence to what the individual is saying. If so one challenges on posts then it just hangs out there like a rotten road kill festering in the wind for all to see and smell and no one to pick it up. Leaving some of these things unchallenged give a bit of legitimacy to what is being said. I do not know what this latest blow up is about, do not care, I have alway been of the mind that post what you want.......just don't complain when someone takes you to the woodshed.
That's indeed the dilemma at times.
Love the descriptive sentence too!
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Bart wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:35 pmI have stayed clear of the thread in question. The problem LF2000 and I have said it to you as well Matt....if no one replies it gives credence to what the individual is saying...
In a normal thread, I agree. In a thread where only one person is posting, I dunno. I think most people look and think, Kind of odd that this guy is posting to and with himself.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
DMac

Post by DMac »

Further, this is an evolution, a reputation earned over years, an admitted poker of the bear, an intentional (self admitted) instigator and agitator. It festered for a long time and finally came to a head, and when the retaliation came the instigator looked for a skirt to hide under and found one where he's protected and coddled. You want to make the rules, use your own definitions, be the tough talk sports guy, expect to be challenged. If you can't handle the challenge, don't assume the position.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LaxFan2000 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:01 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:39 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:29 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:16 pm How do we do that with our gator on the Politics thread?! ;) :o
Correctomundo. Gator Troll M.O. is to post in every thread to get a rise out of others as often as possible and making him almost impossible to ignore. Creating his own thread and conversing with himself doesn't fit his primary purpose.

It's obvious that's what is going on and there is not much support to do something about it unless, of course, the admin would be willing to recognize this fact. Highly unlikely IMHO.
Relatively new poster here, wouldn't those be best served by just flat out not engaging? It doesn't seem there is any obligation to engage and try and "refute" what this so called "troll" keeps posting. From my short time on this site, it seems that some posters feel like its an obligation of theirs to engage and "shut" this person down. It seems as if they not blameless either. Just my two cents.
Like you said, you are new, and that being said I am assuming you don't have a lot of context...but IMO what you are now seeing is a group of people whose patience has been worn extremely thin over the last several years.

Responses to the specific poster have become more blunt and less restrained over the last several months because previous attempts at discussion and disagreement (just like the kind you would have with any other poster) were met with some pretty textbook DARVO-like reactions. In a forum full of very passionate fans (many with personal connections to the game), when you make it your calling card to incessantly post inflammatory takes like:

-"this player/team are huge chokers"
-"this player/team is dirty"
-"here look at this 3 second clip of this interaction" then baselessly accuse the coach of being nasty/aggressive/fostering poor culture

With the added bonus of being accused of "demonizing", "shaming", "browbeating", "In reality, merely opinionated, tedious and tiresome holier-than-thou finger wagging's; which are often selective and biased in their application", & "Empty, proud, blustery words of denial flying in the face of what actually happened." (just to name a few) just for disagreeing with someone, it is difficult to ignore, even if there is some occasional decent and civil discussions mixed in. I would go as far to say, IMO, some posts are made with no real intention of contributing to discussion but rather just to elicit a reaction from others (what's that called again??). Over the years, many posters have tried in vain to reason, discuss, and have patience with someone who has been exhibiting the same type of behavior and consistently getting negative reactions from it. Now that people are finally losing their patience, to hear "just ignore it" is honestly infuriating.

Bart, once again, put it much better than I could: "if no one replies it gives credence to what the individual is saying. If so one challenges on posts then it just hangs out there like a rotten road kill festering in the wind for all to see and smell and no one to pick it up. Leaving some of these things unchallenged give a bit of legitimacy to what is being said." The recent creation of a thread for all of the poster's excessive/extraneous posts of photos and social media screenshots, and the poster's own decision to confine himself to that thread has made ignoring most of it a lot easier. However, having their own thread does not mean that a poster is excused from the rules and exempted from the reactions of other posters, who can respond to posts in that thread when they feel strongly enough about it.
LaxFan2000

Post by LaxFan2000 »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:27 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:16 pm How do we do that with our gator on the Politics thread?! ;) :o
Correctomundo. Gator Troll M.O. is to post in every thread to get a rise out of others as often as possible and making him almost impossible to ignore. Creating his own thread and conversing with himself doesn't fit his primary purpose.

It's obvious that's what is going on and there is not much support to do something about it unless, of course, the admin would be willing to recognize this fact. Highly unlikely IMHO.
Relatively new poster here, wouldn't those be best served by just flat out not engaging? It doesn't seem there is any obligation to engage and try and "refute" what this so called "troll" keeps posting. From my short time on this site, it seems that some posters feel like its an obligation of theirs to engage and "shut" this person down. It seems as if they not blameless either. Just my two cents.
Like you said, you are new, and that being said I am assuming you don't have a lot of context...but IMO what you are now seeing is a group of people whose patience has been worn extremely thin over the last several years.

Responses to the specific poster have become more blunt and less restrained over the last several months because previous attempts at discussion and disagreement (just like the kind you would have with any other poster) were met with some pretty textbook DARVO-like reactions. In a forum full of very passionate fans (many with personal connections to the game), when you make it your calling card to incessantly post inflammatory takes like:

-"here look at this 3 second clip of this interaction" then baselessly accuse the coach of being nasty/aggressive/fostering poor culture

With the added bonus of being accused of "demonizing", "shaming", "browbeating", "In reality, merely opinionated, tedious and tiresome holier-than-thou finger wagging's; which are often selective and biased in their application", & "Empty, proud, blustery words of denial flying in the face of what actually happened." (just to name a few) just for disagreeing with someone, it is difficult to ignore, even if there is some occasional decent and civil discussions mixed in. I would go as far to say, IMO, some posts are made with no real intention of contributing to discussion but rather just to elicit a reaction from others (what's that called again??). Over the years, many posters have tried in vain to reason, discuss, and have patience with someone who has been exhibiting the same type of behavior and consistently getting negative reactions from it. Now that people are finally losing their patience, to hear "just ignore it" is honestly infuriating.

Bart, once again, put it much better than I could: "if no one replies it gives credence to what the individual is saying. If so one challenges on posts then it just hangs out there like a rotten road kill festering in the wind for all to see and smell and no one to pick it up. Leaving some of these things unchallenged give a bit of legitimacy to what is being said." The recent creation of a thread for all of the poster's excessive/extraneous posts of photos and social media screenshots, and the poster's own decision to confine himself to that thread has made ignoring most of it a lot easier. However, having their own thread does not mean that a poster is excused from the rules and exempted from the reactions of other posters, who can respond to posts in that thread when they feel strongly enough about it.
Thanks for the insight, it seems as if this person is intentionally trying to drum up conversation when there is really none to be had.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

LaxFan2000 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:02 pm Thanks for the insight, it seems as if this person is intentionally trying to drum up conversation when there is really none to be had.
It's not every single time, but it's consistent enough that it has become an issue for a number of posters on the women's thread. The details of that issue is probably more unique to each poster, but just to reiterate, what was said above was from my perspective of my own and other's interactions.
njbill

Post by njbill »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:27 pm

Well researched and well written.
DMac

Post by DMac »

I'm not sure Bart put it any better than you did, w20.
Bravo!!
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

njbill wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:10 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:08 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:15 pm Is it the group of folks who handle things all by themselves or the one who can't and is constantly whining?
This may not be taken well but . . . .
I love a post that begins like that. Certainly got me to read it. :lol:
With all due respect…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-Id_fuXFA
Same sword they knight you they gon' good night you with
Thats' only half if they like you
That ain't even the half what they might do
Don't believe me, ask Michael
See Martin, Malcolm
See Jesus, Judas; Caesar, Brutus
See success is like suicide
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:53 am
njbill wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 2:10 pm
Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:08 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:15 pm Is it the group of folks who handle things all by themselves or the one who can't and is constantly whining?
This may not be taken well but . . . .
I love a post that begins like that. Certainly got me to read it. :lol:
With all due respect…

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Af-Id_fuXFA
it's in the Geneva Convention...
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

wlaxphan20 wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 6:27 pm I would go as far to say, IMO, some posts are made with no real intention of contributing to discussion but rather just to elicit a reaction from others (what's that called again??).
OOO OOO Mr. Kotter!!!! I know the answer!!!
@inthe8m

Post by @inthe8m »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:16 pm
Kismet wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 1:39 pm ...unless, of course, the admin would be willing to recognize this fact. Highly unlikely IMHO.
Admin has no dog in this fight. No, so to speak, agenda. If you present a troll trolling to him, he'll take out his whistle. He has no vested interest in letting trolls troll.
I have been away for a bit - taking a much needed holiday - so, I am late to the game. But, I can only :lol: at this statement as many of us have tested this theory and found that a certain someone in the wlax forum is never penalized even when reported for clear violations of the rules.

Now, I do agree that confining the certain someone to a single thread where they can antagonize others by deliberately posting, inflammatory, irrelevant, or disruptive content seems to be working. It is very easy to just avoid that thread and the inane musings of a mad man. I suggest everyone give it a try.
Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest you be like him yourself.

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”