Peter Brown - 1 Minute (2 Day)

The forum rules are little different than lacrosse rules. You can read more within this forum. If you are assessed a penalty, this is the only forum you can post within.
cradleandshoot

Re: Peter Brown - 1 Minute (2 Day)

Post by cradleandshoot »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 am yup, "probationary conditions'...violate the rules and 2X prior incarceration. Pretty simple really.

Here's a couple of hints: exaggeration doesn't persuade. Opinions aren't facts. Make clear the difference.

"Own the libs" or "own the right" is incivility. Devolves easily into personal insults.

Outright lying, disinformation is "trolling".

Never argue with the ref.

Avoid those and instead have actual civil discussions and one can easily avoid the doghouse.

Stay free Petey.
So now you define a lie from an opinion? I agree you should not argue with the ref. I did so knowing I would receive a timeout. I don't say this MD as a personal insult, your opinions, as a lifelong self proclaimed republican are more nauseating to me than anything Peter Brown has ever said. I'm still waiting for the first time you ever say anything that identifies you as a conservative. It may happen someday I just don't see it happening. I think the treatment you and others have laid on Pete Brown is repulsive and disgusting. You will never see it because of reasons I don't understand. So much for the bullchit lie of all you FLP folks... Diversity, tolerance, respecting other peoples opinions. So easy for all of you libs to do the same thing you lecture us all about... throwing labels on people. Your all a bunch of industrial strength hypocrites. So quick to judge others and never looking in the mirror at yourselves.
I use to be a people person until people ruined that for me.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:07 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 am yup, "probationary conditions'...violate the rules and 2X prior incarceration. Pretty simple really.

Here's a couple of hints: exaggeration doesn't persuade. Opinions aren't facts. Make clear the difference.

"Own the libs" or "own the right" is incivility. Devolves easily into personal insults.

Outright lying, disinformation is "trolling".

Never argue with the ref.

Avoid those and instead have actual civil discussions and one can easily avoid the doghouse.

Stay free Petey.
So now you define a lie from an opinion? I agree you should not argue with the ref. I did so knowing I would receive a timeout. I don't say this MD as a personal insult, your opinions, as a lifelong self proclaimed republican are more nauseating to me than anything Peter Brown has ever said. I'm still waiting for the first time you ever say anything that identifies you as a conservative. It may happen someday I just don't see it happening. I think the treatment you and others have laid on Pete Brown is repulsive and disgusting. You will never see it because of reasons I don't understand. So much for the bullchit lie of all you FLP folks... Diversity, tolerance, respecting other peoples opinions. So easy for all of you libs to do the same thing you lecture us all about... throwing labels on people. Your all a bunch of industrial strength hypocrites. So quick to judge others and never looking in the mirror at yourselves.
Just to help you out, the above rant is certainly received as a personal attack at me.

I'm used to these rants from you, so no big sweat, but a heads up that it's exactly the sort of post that gets one flagged...according to the rules.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:11 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:58 am Here's a couple of hints...
I'll add another hint. Personal attacks on a group of people (e.g. Xs are idiots. Ys are child molesters. Zs are liars.) is a personal attack on the people who are members of Group X, Y, and Z.
jhu72 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:42 pm Whiny crybaby snowflakes. The right wing mouth breathers at Faux News can't find something to complain about, so they go out of their way to complain about a default disabled option in Microsoft Word. What f**king losers!!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

kramerica.inc wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:43 pm
I'll add another hint. Personal attacks on a group of people (e.g. Xs are idiots. Ys are child molesters. Zs are liars.) is a personal attack on the people who are members of Group X, Y, and Z.
How about attacks or name calling on groups like "Antivaxers?"
Like this one:
DocBarrister wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:14 pm
Post title: Re: Unvaccinated Trash Harm Their Children, Themselves, and Burden Healthcare System

Let’s dispense with the niceties here.

If you are an adult who refuses to get the Covid-19 vaccine, or if you are a parent who refuses to get your eligible children vaccinated, then you are by definition, TRASH.

Stop being ignorant, dangerous, reckless morons … get vaccinated.

DocBarrister :?
Another
DocBarrister wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:47 am
As one of the irrational unvaccinated, you are part of the problem. We are continuing to see large surges in serious Covid-19 infections mainly because of the unvaccinated. By the way, if you live in South Carolina, they are beginning to see a surge right now.

https://www.wbtw.com/health/coronavirus ... -rise/amp/

There is absolutely no rational reason to be unvaccinated. It’s selfish. It’s irrational. It’s cowardly. It’s reckless. It’s senseless. It’s costly to society.

Get fully vaccinated. Then get the booster. Do us all a favor and perform your civic duty.

DocBarrister
Another
DocBarrister wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:58 am Ignore the ignorant (including the ignorant anti-vaxxers on this forum) … get the Covid vaccine and get the booster.

DocBarrister :?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:43 pm How about attacks or name calling on groups like "Antivaxers?"
Based on history, if you were to report these posts when they occurred, my guess is that Admin would (a) warn them and then, if they didn't amend their behavior, (b) penalize them.
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:55 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:43 pm How about attacks or name calling on groups like "Antivaxers?"
Based on history, if you were to report these posts when they occurred, my guess is that Admin would (a) warn them and then, if they didn't amend their behavior, (b) penalize them.
So now there is a time limit to reporting them? Even though they are still sitting out there? Can we ping admin and see what he thinks?
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:58 pm So now there is a time limit to reporting them? Even though they are still sitting out there? Can we ping admin and see what he thinks?
kramerica, feel free...
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:36 pm
jhu72 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:42 pm Whiny crybaby snowflakes. The right wing mouth breathers at Faux News can't find something to complain about, so they go out of their way to complain about a default disabled option in Microsoft Word. What f**king losers!!
Fox News...unless one of our fellow posters works at Fox News I don't think this is a personal attack on any fellow posters.

That said, I do think there are lots of insults about groups of people with whom some associate themselves on here. Looks like you've found some examples on other posts, but this would not be a good example, IMO.

But, my own opinion, as simply one of many posters on here with no say beyond being such, is that generalized insults, specific to a particular choice made by people and in regard to that choice may well be insulting and detrimental to civil discourse but not really the same as the example above of cradle flaming at me in specific; so not a "personal attack" violation...I think where the generalized stuff crosses the "trolling line" is when they include Putinesque forms of misinformation/disinformation solely with the intent to inflame.

But the generalized stuff can still be detrimental. (Even if I agree with Doc, though limited to the vax deniers not all "unvaccinated") ;) )

So, I'd want Admin to warn people to cool the rhetoric but not throw the flag unless the poster pops back off at the ref or returns to exactly the same behavior immediately. But if they behave more civilly for a bit, then live to play another day.

But Admin needs to be told about issues people feel deserve a warning; he's not monitoring all these threads for violations all the time ...go ahead and let him know.

Use the exclamation button and be specific.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

cradleandshoot wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 7:07 pm

:lol: Sez the one who has thrown a truck load of labels at patriots like me who refuse to buy into to his radical far right fringe ideas. Compared to the treatment I got at LP with its ultra radical right wing admin who shall remain unnamed here, Petey has gotten off rather light though, again, I appreciate his candor when he admitted that I had outsmarted him several times. Too bad I do not have access to the insulting PMs I got from the ❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇ LP admin or I would let you see them. And of course, in those days I even had a few principled conservatives on that forum who agreed with me privately that he had gone too far in his attacks on me and his endless censorship of the truth.

Look at the order we now have here on Anything But Lax. Good daily exchanges of ideas, very rational thoughts, and yes, even I have to admit to learning a few things often enough. That's the way it should always be and I greatly appreciate having it.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

Matnum PI wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:34 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:58 pm So now there is a time limit to reporting them? Even though they are still sitting out there? Can we ping admin and see what he thinks?
kramerica, feel free...
Please do...and then stop complaining about the thin-skinned liberal snowflakes (with whom you disagree) who you claim cry to and report bad behavior to the admin who subsequently takes action against people like Petey and others for violating the rules or trashing the refs.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:52 am
kramerica, feel free...
Please do...and then stop complaining about the thin-skinned liberal snowflakes (with whom you disagree) who you claim cry to and report bad behavior to the admin who subsequently takes action against people like Petey and others for violating the rules or trashing the refs.
I think you have it backwards...not sure I have seen any lefties in the sinbin (as determined from the politics thread). It seems only snowflakes report to the admin. ;)
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Kismet

Post by Kismet »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:14 am
kramerica, feel free...
I think you have it backwards...not sure I have seen any lefties in the sinbin (as determined from the politics thread). It seems only snowflakes report to the admin. ;)
Seems to me that Kram is complaining publicly that admin take action against those snowflakes who he thinks violate the rules.
Admin has told him how to do it and tacitly acknowledges that he isn't reading all posts and in order for action to be initiated Kram needs to report what he considers bad behavior by others. Ditto for any others of a like mind as Kram. Doesn't sound like a big deal or too much to ask IMHO.

That said, I have not seen any of those snowflakes challenge the ref like JoeMauer and runrussellrun which may explain why they are in the sin bin while others are not.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Kismet wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:29 am
kramerica, feel free...
Seems to me that Kram is complaining publicly that admin take action against those snowflakes who he thinks violate the rules.
Admin has told him how to do it and tacitly acknowledges that he isn't reading all posts and in order for action to be initiated Kram needs to report what he considers bad behavior by others. Ditto for any others of a like mind as Kram. Doesn't sound like a big deal or too much to ask IMHO.

That said, I have not seen any of those snowflakes challenge the ref like JoeMauer and runrussellrun which may explain why they are in the sin bin while others are not.

Ummmm, 👋. 🙋‍♂️. I’m in the sin bin but never challenged any ref. In fact, never disparaged anyone.

Thats cool. We all know who reports and who doesn’t. It’s not as if it’s a huge well kept secret!

Good news though, Mr. Kismet. The parole board has informed my lawyers that I shall be released with no conditions as of January 25. Though I won’t disparage a soul, I expect multiple reports to the mods that very day (assuming I post) that I’ve trolled or offended or otherwise offered toxic wrongthink. 😂
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

All reported. And no action taken.
Imagine that.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:52 pm All reported. And no action taken. Imagine that.
Are you talking about the two posts you mentioned above? Admin issued a warning in both threads. Kramerica, your conspiracy theory is ridiculous.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:52 pm All reported. And no action taken.
Imagine that.
As they happened?

Or just now?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Peter Brown wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:35 pm
kramerica, feel free...

Ummmm, 👋. 🙋‍♂️. I’m in the sin bin but never challenged any ref. In fact, never disparaged anyone.

Thats cool. We all know who reports and who doesn’t. It’s not as if it’s a huge well kept secret!

Good news though, Mr. Kismet. The parole board has informed my lawyers that I shall be released with no conditions as of January 25. Though I won’t disparage a soul, I expect multiple reports to the mods that very day (assuming I post) that I’ve trolled or offended or otherwise offered toxic wrongthink. 😂
:lol: :roll:
Nah, you never attacked anyone personally nor did you incessantly troll outright lies, much less Putinesque disinformation and misinformation. :roll:

'It was all a hoax! Admin's in on the conspiracy!'

Good luck on your return walking the straight and narrow Petey.
Remember, parole violations double time and warnings shouldn't be expected for serial offenders.
Gretchen

Post by Gretchen »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:20 pm As they happened? Or just now?
One complaint was days late, one complaint was weeks late. (And he already complained about there being a time limit. :roll: ) Still, he reported the posts and Admin issued warnings to each relevant thread and... Guess what?! No, guess!! There's a conspiracy against Kramerica! A conspiracy against right-wing, conservative, GOP folk...

It's ridiculous...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

kramerica, feel free...

Seems Kramer is not complaining, just stating the obvious. The real right leaning (minority) on this forum are far less likely to fuss...again, as seen by who ends up in the sin bin.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Gretchen wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:29 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:20 pm As they happened? Or just now?
One complaint was days late, one complaint was weeks late. (And he already complained about there being a time limit. :roll: ) Still, he reported the posts and Admin issued warnings to each relevant thread and... Guess what?! No, guess!! There's a conspiracy against Kramerica! A conspiracy against right-wing, conservative, GOP folk...

It's ridiculous...
I generally find Kram to be constructive, if not always in agreement with my perspectives, but on this particular topic it sure feels like a lot of sour grapes.

LP was dominated by a bunch of moderators who really were subjective in their treatment of 'offenses', most of us are glad to have this new site and for the Administration of it to have solicited and valued the input of the participants. And that's an ongoing, evolving process. But some people liked that environment and benefited from that subjectivity.

Personally, I also think the decisions about what justifies a warning and what justifies an actual penalty to have been even handed as well. Certainly there are a heck of a lot of posts that I think are offensive and quite ridiculous, but don't in isolation actually violate the published rules. Sometimes that generates a warning regarding tone, but no penalty, but unless actually reported, they don't get any sort of Admin action. And the only penalties levied appear to be those where the poster has gone well across the line, often repeatedly. That's what we collectively asked for...

But a few posters don't like any rules, especially those which discourage flaming and trolling...they seem to forget that there's a section of the Forum specifically with no rules, no holds barred. Hamsterdam. Go there if you want to flame or troll.

Return to “FANLAX RULES AND PENALTY BOX”