Huguely

Hamsterdam is FanLax's Brown Paper Bag. A Forum frequented by people with language and behavioral issues.
kramerica.inc

Re: Huguely

Post by kramerica.inc »

I mentioned OJ. Did I spend 6 posts arguing over his guiilt/innocence like you did and assigning his behavior to a political ideology?

And you never answered the question-

How has Amanda Knox impacted your life so greatly and personally that you are still beating this drum, years later....with multiple posts...trying to assign blame to a political party....on the George Huguely thread?

:?:

Again, lots of scary boogiemen out there!

:lol:
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Well, I'm answering DMac's questions. What am I to do - tell him to shut up?
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Love family civil lawsuit versus Huguely family.

I wonder whether lawyers put dad Huguely on the stand to talk about drinking with George...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... -rage.html
AOD

Post by AOD »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:21 am Love family civil lawsuit versus Huguely family.

I wonder whether lawyers put dad Huguely on the stand to talk about drinking with George...

The jury came back a few weeks ago. $15 million in damages awarded. No punitives. "Willful and wanton" conduct was found, precluding the award from being discharged in bankruptcy court.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

AOD wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:55 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:21 am Love family civil lawsuit versus Huguely family.

The jury came back a few weeks ago. $15 million in damages awarded. No punitives. "Willful and wanton" conduct was found, precluding the award from being discharged in bankruptcy court.
Thanks; I wondered what had happened. $15 million is a solid #. While I think the parents' had real culpability in their knowledge and even complicity in George's issues, that ended so tragically, I dunno that this amount isn't sufficiently an eye opener for lots of parents, which presumably was the point of the lawsuit.

I suspect the Love family will devote the bulk of this to the Love Foundation; any news on that front?
AOD

Post by AOD »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 4:00 pm
AOD wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 3:55 pm

Thanks; I wondered what had happened. $15 million is a solid #. While I think the parents' had real culpability in their knowledge and even complicity in George's issues, that ended so tragically, I dunno that this amount isn't sufficiently an eye opener for lots of parents, which presumably was the point of the lawsuit.

I suspect the Love family will devote the bulk of this to the Love Foundation; any news on that front?
This action was filed against George V, individually. Not sure the Love mother and daughter expect to collect much if anything, but I haven't heard their plans if they do.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I, like I'm sure many others on this board, closely followed this shocking and tragic story when it first happened 12 years ago. And, like others, I've generally followed the twists and turns since then. I've attended several One Love events over the years.

I'm afraid that the Loves' chances of seeing any money evaporated when they lost the dec action. The Virginia state court judgment they just got is only good for ten years. It can be extended for two additional ten year terms. So 30 years max. Huguely will be 64 in 30 years. I'm not an estate lawyer but I'd think his family could set up a trust or give money to a relative or put in place some other work around such that Huguely will get his portion of his parents' estate after the judgment has expired. He'll be out of jail in something like ten years (or less). I suspect the family will pay his living and other expenses until the judgment expires. Those payments are not reachable by judgment creditors.

Maybe the Loves thought they owed it to Yeardley to see the civil case all the way through. Obviously it was their call as to whether to do so given that the trial would reopen old wounds. And they'd have to see the murderer face to face.

Unfortunately, as a practical matter, all the Loves may be able to do is garnish his prison wages.

Is this outcome fair or right? Certainly not in my book. But it is the unfortunate reality. (I have never agreed with laws, common in all states I'm familiar with, that put specific terms on the life of civil judgments.)

Return to “HAMSTERDAM”