Rankings Criteria Question

WCLA Womens Lacrosse
KnightsLax407

Rankings Criteria Question

Post by KnightsLax407 »

Is there a set of criteria for ranking? ... asking for a friend

I ask because we're trying to figure out where the ranking committee is getting their results. This week they (the WCLA poll) had teams records that did not match what is on the WCLA website. The WCLA asked us to remove our games vs non-wcla teams from our team WCLA site citing that it could unfairly influence committee members, but there are teams whose records on the rankings don't match WCLA.club but those teams are getting credit for them in the poll.. so what's going on? I was told that the WCLA site was the only thing to be considered, is that not the case? I know California has their own site but they typically do a great job updating both... just wondering is there a MAWLL site too?

Any insight would be great!
hurstlax 39

Re: Rankings Criteria Question

Post by hurstlax 39 »

There should be a published document but there really isn't ... For Nationals qualifiers there are tie break rules and the selection process should roughly mimic the in season rankings but obviously there are some issues and not everyone takes their role seriously.

That being said you should contact your league rep for the rankings committee. The committee is made of people, some of whom may not pay a ton of attention or realize that they are leaving a team off who should be on there, like how UCF is somehow being overlooked for Florida State right now.

I am really hoping that some of the over/under rankings will get sorted out as we get to conference championships. Because personally I think there are some issues with the current poll. But it's created by a group of 8 people who represent each conference and so it's up to teams and their coaches to make sure their league rep is fighting for their teams and pointing out glaring issues in other conference reps polls.

I have no idea what's going on with teams not putting their scores in and still having those games be used by rankings committee. It's a weird year with the loss of laxpower but hopefully everybody will buy into the new process and get scores submitted within the 72 hours of a game or whatever the actual rule is.
It is very simple to be happy, but it is very difficult to be simple. - Tagore

Return to “WCLA WOMENS LACROSSE”