New England West 2024

HS Boys Lacrosse
3rdPersonPlural

Re: New England West 2024

Post by 3rdPersonPlural »

I thought Taft played at Choate yesterday. IL doesn't have a score.

Does anyone know how the game turned out? Or if it was cancelled?
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

13 - 8 Rhinos
Finish Strong
ausus

Post by ausus »

justanotherperson wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 am
Dawgie wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm
ausus wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:20 pm #9 for LC will be in the conversation for best attackman in NE this year... amazing effort on defense as well (goalie especially).
Cobery’s been a four year starter with three of those getting the top cover guy. Boggles my mind he hasn’t been more recognized nationally. He is most complete player Loomis has had in the past decade and will have a quick impact at Harvard.
agreed. Was able to watch him in person and I was not aware of him (which really means nothing) until I was able to see him play. Really a complete player and also surprised he has not gotten more buzz.

Great game and good for Loomis to cement themselves the top tier of NEW1. They really did get out to fast starts against Deerfield and AOF. Too bad they wouldnt be able to play "wick again as I think it would be closer but it looks like Loomis will be the class of the Founders league this year.
I would like to see this as well - LC's faceoff man was out, and likely would've made the difference with keeping them in the game. They were tied 5-5 in the 3rd before Brunswick ran away with it. Maybe we'll get the chance in an eoy national tournament...
NEWestFan

Post by NEWestFan »

Unfortunately for NEWest fans that's not going to happen. The Founders League made its own bed.
Sportin' Life

Post by Sportin' Life »

Yes, unfortunately we'll never know how a fully healthy LC would've done vs 'wick. It certainly would've been a much closer game but the Bruins are tough so hard to say with certainty the final result would've been different.
Finish Strong
Dawgie

Post by Dawgie »

justanotherperson wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:07 am
Dawgie wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:52 pm
ausus wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:20 pm #9 for LC will be in the conversation for best attackman in NE this year... amazing effort on defense as well (goalie especially).
Cobery’s been a four year starter with three of those getting the top cover guy. Boggles my mind he hasn’t been more recognized nationally. He is most complete player Loomis has had in the past decade and will have a quick impact at Harvard.
agreed. Was able to watch him in person and I was not aware of him (which really means nothing) until I was able to see him play. Really a complete player and also surprised he has not gotten more buzz.

Great game and good for Loomis to cement themselves the top tier of NEW1. They really did get out to fast starts against Deerfield and AOF. Too bad they wouldnt be able to play "wick again as I think it would be closer but it looks like Loomis will be the class of the Founders league this year.
I think if hobot was healthy against brunswick, they would have had a real shot at it. Brunswick was the much better team, but Loomis won only two faceoffs the entire game. Hobot was incredibly dominant against Deerfield at the x, forcing deerfield to use a pole against him while attempting their comeback in the fourth. With more even possession numbers against wick, who knows.

With that being said, the pelicans have had one team circled on the calendar. Taft. The matchup is a prime time, under the lights game in Windsor in a few weeks that will have fanfare and excitement. The rhinos have had Loomis’ number for over a decade, and despite giving them two scares last year, Loomis has come up short. They want to stake claim of the Founders and recent results are promising

For the other commenter, Milki still hasn’t played and if he is going to at all it wouldn’t be until the end of the year.

Other scores for Tuesday/ Wednesday

Brunswick 19- Hill 10
Taft 13- Choate 8
Avon 9- Westy 4
Hill 11- Salisbury 8
Berkshire 20- Williston 7
Hotchkiss 19- Kent 0
3rdPersonPlural

Thank you for your insight, Dawgie. Even though I'm a Rhino since way back, I am becoming a Pelican fan. They were pretty darned good last year, and this year Coach Ball seems to be getting the most out of a talented squad. One can't help but admire that accomplishment.

I'm posted up in Palm Springs these days, so I can't get to any NE games. I (and most of the rest of the posters on this thread, I'd wager) would love to watch any Loomis livestreams that bubble up. Can you share any links that an insider like you might find so we can see this emerging phenom in the making? I have the May 11th Taft game calendared but I am not confident that I can find a livestream as LC is hosting.

Speaking for the dozen or so regulars here, we'd really appreciate that!
NEWestFan

Post by NEWestFan »

Hobot would have absolutely helped but not sure it would have made a difference. Diaz-Matos has dominated everyone he has faced this year including the FOGO from L'ville, who interestingly is the Hopkins 2025 FOGO commit after Hobot in 2024. Did he play last year?
Laxxal22

Post by Laxxal22 »

3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm Thank you for your insight, Dawgie. Even though I'm a Rhino since way back, I am becoming a Pelican fan. They were pretty darned good last year, and this year Coach Ball seems to be getting the most out of a talented squad. One can't help but admire that accomplishment.

I'm posted up in Palm Springs these days, so I can't get to any NE games. I (and most of the rest of the posters on this thread, I'd wager) would love to watch any Loomis livestreams that bubble up. Can you share any links that an insider like you might find so we can see this emerging phenom in the making? I have the May 11th Taft game calendared but I am not confident that I can find a livestream as LC is hosting.

I think I've typed this about five times in this thread by now, but it's incredibly easy to find livestreams. Just google "(school name) livestream" you'll probably get what you're looking for. I did that for Loomis and this was literally the first search result. https://www.loomischaffee.org/athletics/livestream
3rdPersonPlural

Laxxal22 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:38 pm
3rdPersonPlural wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 2:21 pm Thank you for your insight, Dawgie. Even though I'm a Rhino since way back, I am becoming a Pelican fan. They were pretty darned good last year, and this year Coach Ball seems to be getting the most out of a talented squad. One can't help but admire that accomplishment.

I think I've typed this about five times in this thread by now, but it's incredibly easy to find livestreams. Just google "(school name) livestream" you'll probably get what you're looking for. I did that for Loomis and this was literally the first search result. https://www.loomischaffee.org/athletics/livestream
I'll be making book on how long until you have to type it 6 times. But I got a quick highlight clip of the deerfield game at: https://fan.hudl.com/usa/ct/windsor/org ... &oi=434018

It's long, but it's safe
PhishFall97

Post by PhishFall97 »

4/26/24 Schedule

Brunswick (-7) @ Trinity-Pawling
WMA (-3.5) @ NMH

4/27/24 Schedule
Millbrook (-2.5) @ Westminster
Trinity-Pawling @ Berkshire (-3)
Kent @ AOF (-11.5)
Hotchkiss @ Taft (4.5)